• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kind of funny that Mega man and Geno have become conflicting requirements to get into smash

Back in the day, we used to argue in the Mega man and Geno thread that one getting in didn't mean the other couldn't

yani

Smash Lord
I think it's fake. I'm looking at my Twitter mentions and it only says "Expand" if it is the first tweet in a conversation. It should say View Conversation if it was a reply.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe we should be bugging Capcom for their response to this

Edit: Someone find Capcom's twitter and spam it with "Is Mega Man in smash!!!1!"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Either Geno, Mega Man or Isaac have been confirmed to be in the game.

2/3 of those at least

Not confirmed playable, but in the game

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
Hello, Cookie_Aroma from GameFAQS here. I'm surprised nobody else has debunked this Twitter post yet. The person who made up this tweet made one little mistake (actually two as Yani pointed out). Take a look at the screen capture that the person who saw the tweet took:

http://i.imgur.com/oGhal.png

Let's compare that to Sakurai's Twitter page now:

http://i.imgur.com/5sTHX.jpg

Do you see it yet? See the Tweets count in the upper-right-hand corner? It reads "8807 Tweets" for both images. This is the problem. The tweet with the 2 of 3 message should say 8808 tweets if it was actually legitimate. That coupled with the fact that the only witnesses to this tweet were 2 people from the same board (And as Yani pointed out, the tweet says expand instead of view conversation), I'm positive this is a fake.

This kind of thing is actually very easy to photoshop (or gimp in my case). See?

http://i.imgur.com/0yVQc.jpg

D

Deleted member

I'm the one who posted the GameFAQs thread. Somebody has got to feed those people with some semi-legitimate source of character so it does more than talk about Jigglypuff and Kirby having hot make out session and run circles about Mega Man.

Assuming that what just Sakurai said is about to happen, I'm hoping by including he means playable and I hope he adds Isaac as an Assist Trophy, and Geno, Mega Man, and Matthew as playable so me and Johnknight can get our two most wanted third-parties in and we get a Golden Sun playable rep. :)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If he isn't talking about playability, I'm almost sure Isaac would be one of them. The chances are very high that Isaac will show up in some form (AT, trophy, etc.)

At least one new third party will be in though. Not that I thought otherwise.

edit: Only two people saw this tweet? Credibility decreasing...

yani

Smash Lord
Welcome aboard Cookie, and nice catch! It isn't surprising the moron who made it is from Nsider.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Cookie
It may be that Twitter didn't add the number of his tweet.

Although Star a few pages back said a couple of other people saw it.

Plus regardless, Sakurai is gonna get asked if he tweeted it or not.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think we should dismiss this just so casually.

We should add it as evidence but sit on it a bit longer before burning this guy

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, this doesn't make this a fake. Of course, it doesn't make it real.

And even if it is fake, Sakurai is gonna get questioned about it.

I wish Star would come back. I want to see the tweets and whatnot by the few people who saw it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Only one other person on Nsider claimed to have seen it,.
That's what I'm looking for. I'm looking for people who re-tweeted it, saw it, etc.

Besides, if the guy faked it, he wouldn't use a years old account on SmashBoards and Nsider to ruin his many years' worth of "reputation." He'd use a new account.

He also wouldn't post here, on All is Brawl, etc. mentioning it. He would probably run and hide, or make a blog somewhere.

yani

Smash Lord
i can vouch for the fact that i saw it almost a half hour after KillerCRS saw it
This is the other Nsider guy.

It's fake. He hasn't tweeted since May 24th. Why would he get on to answer one random fans question and not tweet anything else? Doesn't make sense.

That's what I'm looking for. I'm looking for people who re-tweeted it, saw it, etc.

Besides, if the guy faked it, he wouldn't use a years old account on SmashBoards and Nsider to ruin his many years' worth of "reputation." He'd use a new account.

He also wouldn't post here, on All is Brawl, etc. mentioning it. He would probably run and hide, or make a blog somewhere.
If it was a new account, it would make it look x10000 more fake.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Let's see:
1. To generate hype.
2. To mind game us.
3. To make us super excited for E3!
4. Because Sakurai like cryptic messages. See: Ness being "deconfirmed" on Lucas' Brawl Dojo moveset post. ;)

Also, if it was a fake tweet by Sakurai, the guy would make it say something like "yo you my best homie dog. That's why I'm adding Mega Man and Isaac just for you!" :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Which is why I feel this is credible. If I were to make a fake Sakurai twitter, I would have not bothered to answer myself on other forums when doubts arise because I wouldn't believe it. Killer Chris wants to share this news with others and is willing to risk his credibility to do so. The fact that he is going to other forums to talk about this can show he has something to show and is not just an elaborate prank.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
i can vouch for the fact that i saw it almost a half hour after KillerCRS saw it
Yeah, but it happens that you are friend of his. I remembered the fact that you, me and killercbs used to be in same clan in old time, which known as Meta-Pirate. It's easy for friend to stand up for other friend who could make a prank, so if it was complete strange; then it would be different story.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
lol i've been on nsider dating back 5 years to NS1. ran a clan and everything. not gonna ruin my reputation to prank with some other users man

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ IntelliHealth
BTW, what I was referring to on AIB was a few pages back by a post by mai boi Star. He disappeared. I need his sources!

@ KCCHIEFS27
Know anyone else who saw it=???

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Yeah, but it happens that you are friend of his. I remembered the fact that you, me and killercbs used to be in same clan in old time, which known as Meta-Pirate.

It's easy for friend to stand up for other friend who could make a prank, so if it was complete strange; then it would be different story.
he joined Meta-Pirates waaaay after I had left the clan and stopped leading. He was formerly in Ridleys Swarm

@ IntelliHealth
BTW, what I was referring to on AIB was a few pages back by a post by mai boi Star. He disappeared. I need his sources!

@ KCCHIEFS27
Know anyone else who saw it=???
i know of two other people who saw it, i can get them to come here for you. but unfortunately i dont know who else did because Nsider has been dead for years now

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And so the Plot thickens...

Sorry, just needed to say that.

Still even if Megaman is confirmed, how do we know they won't pull a Street Fighter cross Tekken and have Bad Boxart MegaMan?

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
Thanks Yani. It would make absolutely no sense for a Twitter reply to someone's post have the "expanded" text instead of the "view conversation" text underneath it. There is -no- explanation for that besides "it's a fake."

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But he's the mega man from the NES era. He'd fit in perfectly

D

Deleted member

i know of two other people who saw it, i can get them to come here for you. but unfortunately i dont know who else did because Nsider has been dead for years now
Alright, do so. We'd like to see them help verify this.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
John: Why not then trigger it up by like, spreading this on IGN and whatnot? They'd go that then and we'd see if it's a fake or not. (-l3l-);
Well, I was just at the IGN message boards and nothing about this has been posted even by it's members.

Maybe IGN as a whole are actually IGNorant of this all

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Horsetail
IGN would be perfect for this, because they get all kinds of e-mail interviews with Sakurai, including a few they have done since Sakurai began developing Smash Wii U and 3DS.

@ SSBF
I agree. We need to ask them questions. Or perhaps we need to get a tweet from someone in a foreign language twitter area to see if this is really true.

Edit: By asking questions, let's no make this an Inquisition. Let's not go like "zOMG FAKES!" Let's just ask them a few questions, and be casual about it.

Remember, people called the 39 character Brawl roster "fake" because Ness and ROB had been "deconfirmed." Don't jump ship (either way) just yet.

Plus if we do get a IGN or major gaming outlet interview with Sakurai, we will hear about this. And if he confirms or deconfirms it, there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom