• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'd say a lot more than that. Last game had 41, after all.(not counting SSE etc. stages)
Again, that's at least the bare minimum. Presuming every franchise represented gets at least one or two stages, with the obligatory Final Destination and Battlefield thrown in the mix, it should be roughly around 30 stages. Again, not counting returning stages.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That stage is fantastic, I love that stage for some reason too. :embarrass:
I had a great tournament match on the Summit once. Both me and my opponent were tied 1-1 in a best of 3. We were on both of our last lives for about 4 minutes just smacking each other around and not dying. IT was awesome.

We had 29 stages for Melee, then in Brawl we had 41 (that's 12 more). It would still be amazing if we got 12 more for the the next Smash, that would be 53! *-*
To be fair we had 9 original Smash 64 stages (not including the Metal Mario stage, Battlefield, Final Destination, and the Tutorial Stage), Melee had 24 original stages (not including Final Destination, Battlefield, the 3 Smash 64 stages, and all the incomplete stages), and Brawl had 29 original stages (not including all the SSE stages, the incomplete stages, Battlefield, Final Destination, and the Melee stages).

Still, judging by how hackers have put in stages basically with stage builder and stage builder hacks, I see no reason why Nintendo shouldn't try to make several classic stages as DLC. I mean, they could literally charge me like $2 a stage and I'd still buy the stages, even if it was crap like Yoshi's Island 64, Infinite Glacier, Big Blue, and Hanebow. :laugh:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Right, right... you are absolutely right and I am wrong as usual. Because Diddy Kong, Pokemon Trainer, and R.O.B. were in Melee. Just because a character didn't make an appearance in one Smash game doesn't mean they can't be in the next game.
Except ROB, Pokemon Trainer and Diddy are actually interesting characters people want to play with. It's also not individual points but the sum of them all. (Also, Sakurai made a trophy of the ducks before the dog).

Someone else made this point and it holds true here of why DHD is just your fantasy. The thing is there are plenty of retro characters to chose from and all of them are unique. We have Mach Rider who rides a bike and blows up, Sabel who can turn into a frog, Mike Jones with his items and banana ears or Muddy who can use bombs. These are all abilities these characters have in their games and more can be made on top of that. The dog does 3 things ever. 1)Jumps into bushes 2)Holds ducks 3)Laughs. All the moves you made are totally out of the blue, but if we are going to do that, why not do a character that would be more interesting and unique. Sakurai picked Ice Climbers because he could makje an interesting character.

So let's sum it up. Why wont DHD be in ever?
1)Alll of his moves have to be made up. He has nothing. And yes, ROB had stuff with his arms and gyros and the fact he's a Robot (his name in Japan)
2)There are more interesting characters for retro characters
3)If we are going to 100% make up a moveset, there are better characters to use
4)Sakurai already has a retro Famicom characters:Ice Climbers
5)No one cares (oh oh, but the Facebook. This thread should tell you how people feel)
6)Never even been referenced in a Smash game

I brought that up earlier. If you make more than you would earn without them, or even earn a little less, do it. In the latter situation, you will create "interest" in the fans of said 3rd party franchises' minds of the various Nintendo franchises represented with trophies, stickers, NPCs, bosses, items/ATs/Pokéballs,, stages, and above all, playable characters.
Yes, I understand Accounting 101. Revenue-expenses=profits. That's not the point. The point is that your ignoring the cost for "IT WILL SELL MORE IT WILL SELL MORE." That is even a farce since we can't prove Snake or Sonic really did anything for sales (which was probably very little since the games sold 5 million and 7 million before this one).

Of course, the ideal situation is when the marginal cost of adding a third party character is the same as the marginal revenue. This is when you maximize profits. Of course, we have to look in the long term as well.
You don't use Marginal cost/Profit in the real world since it's too hard to tell when that actually happens. As a matter of fact, you don't use economics in business (besides supply and demand perhaps). Economics is great if you want to be a politician. For business, your better off looking at Accounting, specifically Cost Accounting for this kind of discussion. Accounting is the language of business you know.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Now the question that I'm cringing my nose to ask: Is Nintendo going to implement DLC for Sm4sh? I for one don't know what to say, I hope they don't.

It seems like DLC is the new trend of this generation, but I do hope Nintendo has its integrity intact. Imagine, stage packs $4 only... New item packs $5! That doesn't look right at first glance.

Oh, but to think of it, it's kinda dumb. Nintendo wouldn't jump in the bandwagon and do as low as other companies do. As they said before, they like giving to us consumers as much as they can inside the disk with quality content so the person won't feel like it needs extra something.

What is your say about that? Okay with the idea or not? I feel null about that idea, inclining to disliking it, though.
Lol, it seems DLC is the new taboo of this gaming generation. Some people rage just from hearing about it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes, I understand Accounting 101. Revenue-expenses=profits. That's not the point. The point is that your ignoring the cost for "IT WILL SELL MORE IT WILL SELL MORE." That is even a farce since we can't prove Snake or Sonic really did anything for sales (which was probably very little since the games sold 5 million and 7 million before this one).
I used a measurement to prove that Sonic caused an increase in at least exposure.
Brawl Dojo visits before Sonic was confirmation: A few hundred thousand or so unique visitors every week.
Brawl Dojo visits the week Sonic was confirmed: Over one million unique visits.

This alone proves that Sonic exposed probably thousands of new people to the hype of Brawl. The Dojo went from being covered by just super serious Nintendo blogs nearly daily, sites like IGN every major update (ie: a character, new stage, or major content like the SSE is confirmed), to having articles written on major news/internet sites such as CNN, Yahoo, and NBC about Sonic being confirmed in Brawl. It was also the talk of G4 for quite a while, and was mad hyped. Major gaming sites like IGN and Game Trailers also went from covering the Dojo every once in a while to covering many-if not all of the Dojo updates. Oh, and don't forget that Sonic being playable in the E For All demo stole the show at E For All that year. Metal Gear Solid 4 and Super Mario Galaxy were oddly left in the background, and had smaller lines according to my friends who went! :laugh:

You gotta tell me that exposure, hype, and news of Sonic being playable in Brawl sold at least a few thousand copies.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Smashchu, I've been meaning to tell you this because I have seen you do it on several occasions. It is "you're", not "your". You're just as bad as Diddy. Don't mean to get snippy, but it is one of my grammatical pet peeves.
It's OK. I do it a lot I'm sure.

Morin0

Smash Lord
SSB64 good stages:

Yoshi´s story and Dreamland.
Yoshi's Island is a bad stage because of the clouds that encourage camping. Maybe if it returned with the clouds gone, then maybe it'd be a good stage but I doubt they would remove the clouds. IIRC, the blast zones are kind of wonky so maybe if they fixed that too.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't find anything "bad" about any of 64's stages. I found the DK stage boring due to how, if you will, chaotic the first game feels. The rest? Perfect. And I like this stage too.(even moreso in Brawl)

Also, there's a difference between being good in casual and being good in competitive. Brawl does have some stages that aren't popular much in casual(Hanenbow, sometimes 72m and Mario Bros. WarioWare and Pictochat I've seen gotten hate before. The rest? Not so much.)

wezai

Smash Journeyman
I can't find anything "bad" about any of 64's stages. I found the DK stage boring due to how, if you will, chaotic the first game feels. The rest? Perfect. And I like this stage too.(even moreso in Brawl)

Also, there's a difference between being good in casual and being good in competitive. Brawl does have some stages that aren't popular much in casual(Hanenbow, sometimes 72m and Mario Bros. WarioWare and Pictochat I've seen gotten hate before. The rest? Not so much.)
That is true, we can see that stages have flaws when they are dislike by both the casual and competitive communities.

The rest look sweet. :)

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 announces official names for some teams. Kidding, sorry to make everyone seem like, "Yay!", or whatever...
Also, Chickens are much better than Metal. I don't want to bring this up, but...
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Cuccos are friggin' dangerous.:bubblebobble:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ wezai
DLC isn't necessarily a bad thing. A lot of DLC is actually free. Plus even if it costs money, I doubt it wouldn't be worth it. I imagine that stages would probably be released (in packs?) at the cost of about 50 cents a stage. 50 cents a stage. That sounds worth it to me.

@ Morino
Actually that is Yoshi's Island 64. :p Yoshi's Story is that awesome super combo stage in Melee. :shades:

Still, even though Yoshi's Island 64 is one of my least liked stages, I wouldn't mind it returning... assuming the other 8 Smash 64 stages (and maybe the Metal Mario/Crystal stage, How to Play Stage, and Battlefield 64 and Final Destination 64) came first. :bee:

As for Smash 64 stages, only Yoshi's Island 64 is really "bad." It's just got an ugly layout, poor design, and way too much space. Sector Z is pretty big, but at least it's layout is simple. Mushroom Kingdom may be too big, have too many platforms (it's kinda like a prequel to Hyrule Temple), and have too many obstacles, but it's still a pretty "fun" stage.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I know. I edited my post.

Bad stages in SSB64 include:

Mushroom Kingdom --> easy grab kills
Zebes --> lava
Sector Z --> stage is way too big; encourages camping
Yoshi's Island --> wonky blastzones and clouds encourage camping

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mushroom Kingdom is still a pretty "fun" party stage, and is perfect for smash. Like I said, it's kinda a popular-ish prequel to Hyrule Temple.

Zebes... eh. The lava is way too powerful (which could be changed in a future smash bros game), and the stage is pretty big (it can be smaller compared to characters in a future smash bros game to where it doesn't seem as massive). It isn't a bad teams stage, though. If Smash Wii U/3DS had 6 player multiplayer, it would be a nice stage for that.

Sector Z is too big IMO, which is why Corneria is smaller. Still, it has less interferences than Corneria. It also would be a great stage if Smash Wii U and/or Smash 3DS had the ability to have 6-8 players playable at the same time.

Yoshi's Island 64 is just plain awfully designed. Too much space between platforms, a weird 3/4 level platform design, a lot of platforms are at weird angles, and those friggen clouds people can camp on until the end of time. :urg:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if there'll be as big an effort behind the music this time. I'd say so myself.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I used a measurement to prove that Sonic caused an increase in at least exposure.
Brawl Dojo visits before Sonic was confirmation: A few hundred thousand or so unique visitors every week.
Brawl Dojo visits the week Sonic was confirmed: Over one million unique visits.

This alone proves that Sonic exposed probably thousands of new people to the hype of Brawl. The Dojo went from being covered by just super serious Nintendo blogs nearly daily, sites like IGN every major update (ie: a character, new stage, or major content like the SSE is confirmed), to having articles written on major news/internet sites such as CNN, Yahoo, and NBC about Sonic being confirmed in Brawl. It was also the talk of G4 for quite a while, and was mad hyped. Major gaming sites like IGN and Game Trailers also went from covering the Dojo every once in a while to covering many-if not all of the Dojo updates. Oh, and don't forget that Sonic being playable in the E For All demo stole the show at E For All that year. Metal Gear Solid 4 and Super Mario Galaxy were oddly left in the background, and had smaller lines according to my friends who went! :laugh:

You gotta tell me that exposure, hype, and news of Sonic being playable in Brawl sold at least a few thousand copies.
From what I've found, that's not true at all.

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=smashbros.com&ctab=0&geo=all&date=2007&sort=0

The most traffic was during August which was the first month they started showing new charters (starting with Ike).

If you have some other data, by all means, show it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Except ROB, Pokemon Trainer and Diddy are actually interesting characters people want to play with. It's also not individual points but the sum of them all. (Also, Sakurai made a trophy of the ducks before the dog).

Someone else made this point and it holds true here of why DHD is just your fantasy. The thing is there are plenty of retro characters to chose from and all of them are unique. We have Mach Rider who rides a bike and blows up, Sabel who can turn into a frog, Mike Jones with his items and banana ears or Muddy who can use bombs. These are all abilities these characters have in their games and more can be made on top of that. The dog does 3 things ever. 1)Jumps into bushes 2)Holds ducks 3)Laughs. All the moves you made are totally out of the blue, but if we are going to do that, why not do a character that would be more interesting and unique. Sakurai picked Ice Climbers because he could makje an interesting character.

So let's sum it up. Why wont DHD be in ever?
1)Alll of his moves have to be made up. He has nothing. And yes, ROB had stuff with his arms and gyros and the fact he's a Robot (his name in Japan)
2)There are more interesting characters for retro characters
3)If we are going to 100% make up a moveset, there are better characters to use
4)Sakurai already has a retro Famicom characters:Ice Climbers
5)No one cares (oh oh, but the Facebook. This thread should tell you how people feel)
6)Never even been referenced in a Smash game
1. He has nothing? He is a dog. Dogs can fight. Not only that, he is a cartoony dog, not a real life puppy like Nintendog. His job as a hunting dog is pointing and fetching ducks AND he is aware he is in a video game (why else would he laugh at you, knowing you cannot do squat about it?). Put two and two together and we got a character who points fingers to direct the person who is playing Duck Hunt where to shoot AND handles the ducks to fly and to swing them like rubber chickens. So, yeah... I took the very gameplay itself from Duck Hunt and made it into a moveset that breaks the fourth wall.

2. Duck Hunt Dog is far more interesting than Sheriff ever will be. Sorry but it's the truth.

3. Oh, better characters? Like who? Sheriff? Diskun? ***** please.

4. So because Sakurai already has Ice Climbers as a retro Famicom character, Duck Hunt Dog shouldn't get in? Well, then we gotta cut R.O.B. from the next game and Mach Rider cannot be playable either.

5. This thread is full of hardcore gamers. They generally care about BAMF and OP characters and what they see with their eyes. Remember Palutena during the "Palutena vs. Medusa" debate? Palutena had little support because most people never saw her fight before but after Uprising came out, they now see how she could fight and now her support skyrocketed.

6. Not even referenced in a Smash game? I take it you never took the time to read the Ducks trophy in Melee. It described the dog's personality as "faithful" and "slightly clamorous" and listed two things he does as "fetching ducks by the napes of their necks" and "grinning at you".

P.S. Duck Hunt Dog's name in Japan would probably be "Duck Hunt".... named after the game... just like how Ice Climbers are named "Ice Climber" instead of "Ice Climbers" or "Popo & Nana" in Japan... and like how Mr. Game & Watch is named "Game & Watch" instead of "Mr. Game & Watch" in Japan - named after the Game & Watch series... and like how R.O.B. isn't named "Family Computer Robot" in Japan but named "Robot" after the Robot series - Gyromite (Robot Gyro) and Stack-Up (Robot Block).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The problem is, you'd have to rewrite all of Nintendo just to do that.
No, just smash bros. history.
Which means the chances of having Super Smash Bros. in the first place is even lower.
Not necessarily. When Smash Bros stopped becoming a generic fighting game and became Smash Bros, actual Nintendo employees were pissed at Sakurai for crossing over such characters, universes, and whatnot into a fighting game.
And hell, no. I would not. I loved every character from 64 and they all fully deserve to be in there. Even the NPC's.
I love the characters, stages, NPCs, and content from Smash 64 as well.

I'm just saying that if we had "grown up" or "been used" to 12 different characters, we probably would view them the same way we view the current original 12.
It's often presumed DK Jr. is the current DK, atleast Mario Kart-wise.
I guess. Maybe a better option would be say Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Kiddy Kong. Imagine them in every smash bros game (as if DK was never in any smash bros game). That's a weird image.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, just smash bros. history.
It doesn't work that way. Smash Bros. started as a Nintendo All-Star game. It has to have the All-Stars. You have to rewrite Nintendo history in order to actually make it work.

Not necessarily. When Smash Bros stopped becoming a generic fighting game and became Smash Bros, actual Nintendo employees were pissed at Sakurai for crossing over such characters, universes, and whatnot into a fighting game.
This makes it sound like Dragon King: The Fighting Game would've been a super top seller. Pure generic ones did sell way back then before we started to establish full characters. Thus, it just doesn't work. If they were new characters, sure, it could work. But just generic frames of characters wouldn't ultimately sell.

I love the characters, stages, NPCs, and content from Smash 64 as well.
I just wish Final Stage would work with the GameShark. XD(BTW, it's not called Final Destination in the first game, the name originates from Melee, Smash-wise, that is)

I'm just saying that if we had "grown up" or "been used" to 12 different characters, we probably would view them the same way we view the current original 12.
...Dur? But as I said, that would require to either have no Nintendo characters(as in originals like Mortal Kombat, etc. did) or that you'd have to rewrite Nintendo. A Nintendo All-Star game can't work without Mario, the main face of Nintendo.

I guess. Maybe a better option would be say Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Kiddy Kong. Imagine them in every smash bros game (as if DK was never in any smash bros game). That's a weird image.
I think the overall problem is that you're giving almost no credit to the faces of Nintendo themselves. The secondary characters are nice, but they alone don't sell nearly as often, exceptions abound.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Now the question that I'm cringing my nose to ask: Is Nintendo going to implement DLC for Sm4sh? I for one don't know what to say, I hope they don't.

It seems like DLC is the new trend of this generation, but I do hope Nintendo has its integrity intact. Imagine, stage packs $4 only... New item packs $5! That doesn't look right at first glance.

Oh, but to think of it, it's kinda dumb. Nintendo wouldn't jump in the bandwagon and do as low as other companies do. As they said before, they like giving to us consumers as much as they can inside the disk with quality content so the person won't feel like it needs extra something.

What is your say about that? Okay with the idea or not? I feel null about that idea, inclining to disliking it, though.
Lol, it seems DLC is the new taboo of this gaming generation. Some people rage just from hearing about it.
you know, Capcom may have now left a permanent stain on the history of DLC. before, people didn't really care and loved any DLC(Undead Nightmare is a good example) and Capcom themselves did DLC well(SSFIVAE), but due to the SFxT debacle, them offering the REAL ending to Asura's Wrath as DLC(alternate ending? cool. real ending? what?) and the on disc issue which they said they are gonna get rid of(they stated Dragon's Dogma will be the last game with on disc DLC), now everyone thinks all DLC is either

a.on disc or

b. pointless.

Nintendo has just used DLC, and ithas payed off, as the FE DLC may have contributed to the game's great sales and on disc/cart stuff isn't new, btw-Nintendo did it first. you know Special event Pokemon? yeah. stop being afraid of it, I'msure they know what to do.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ SmashChu
I think what I said was a reference to in the Brawl Iwata Asks interview.

I can't seem to find the link. The one in the Back Room is old. :urg:

Edit: I found something on Dojo views. Here it is.
Lastly, he discusses the game's incredibly popular site, the Super Smash Bros. Dojo. While they've had homepages for the two previous games in the series, Brawl is the first title to get one outside of Japan. In fact, Dojo is published in seven languages, updated five times a week for a total of over 230 updates since its May 2007 launch. At the peak of the site, it got as many as 1m page views a day, and 5m page views a week. Says Sakurai, "If we hadn't launched Super Smash Bros. Dojo, there would not have been this much buzz about the game regardless of the franchise history."
Note this doesn't fit what I said regarding Sonic, so perhaps that was inaccurate. Maybe I've read too many Sakurai interviews over the years! :laugh: :ohwell: :urg: :psycho:

Edit: As for DLC, just look at the 2 GTA IV online episodes. They were worth the $15 price for the hundreds of hours I put into both of them.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
From what I've found, that's not true at all.

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=smashbros.com&ctab=0&geo=all&date=2007&sort=0

The most traffic was during August which was the first month they started showing new charters (starting with Ike).

If you have some other data, by all means, show it.
Ahhh, so many memories. I remember that day of going onto the DOJO and seeing that "WARNING: NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING" banner and scrolling down to see Ike. I was so excited to see him, and I barely knew who he was. lol

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What if the DLC included "nostalgic" collections? Like, you can download stages and characters from previous installments in the Super Smash Bros. games. For example, if you download the "Melee Pack" you'll get six stages (Rainbow Cruise, Pokemon Stadium, Jungle Japes, Corneria, Temple, and Fountain of Dreams) and three characters (Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario, with updated movesets for the latter two)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Look, here he is. The noble disillusioned Arcadenik riding in to save his beloved Duck Hunt Dog. Oh, what a tragic knight. He does not know that the villainous Sheriffchu's arrows were but a summary of the the tombs of why the Dog of Duck Hunts should not step forth into the realm of Smash. He knows not that if the character had any weight that, he, the knight of disillusion, would make blade of points of his own on the power of the Dog instead of defending against a thousand arrows. A tragic knight he is.

1. He has nothing? He is a dog. Dogs can fight. Not only that, he is a cartoony dog, not a real life puppy like Nintendog. His job as a hunting dog is pointing and fetching ducks AND he is aware he is in a video game (why else would he laugh at you, knowing you cannot do squat about it?). Put two and two together and we got a character who points fingers to direct the person who is playing Duck Hunt where to shoot AND handles the ducks to fly and to swing them like rubber chickens. So, yeah... I took the very gameplay itself from Duck Hunt and made it into a moveset that breaks the fourth wall.
So he is a dog. Big whoop. ROB was a freakin' ROBOT. If we want a dog, let's just add the Nintendog. Their dogs too. You can get hunting dogs in Nintendogs. And more people played it. Or why don't we get characters from the NES days who have moves.

The point you miss is there are better alternatives and at the end of the day you have to make all of his moves. In fact, you never mentioned what he does in game. Just that he is a dog. ROB had moves that weren't made up.

2. Duck Hunt Dog is far more interesting than Sheriff ever will be. Sorry but it's the truth.

3. Oh, better characters? Like who? Sheriff? Diskun? ***** please.
So your counter point is to say that a character that supposedly I defend but haven't talk about in this conversation at all (let alone the last few months) is weaker than your character. It shows that your argument is paper thin. You can't even BS a response.

4. So because Sakurai already has Ice Climbers as a retro Famicom character, Duck Hunt Dog shouldn't get in? Well, then we gotta cut R.O.B. from the next game and Mach Rider cannot be playable either.
Back in Melee, Sakurai wanted to add a character from the Famicom games and he picked Ice Climbers. Do you see Balloon Fighter, Excite Bike man, or Bubbles in Smash? No. He wanted one character to represent those games, Duck Hunt included. ROB was added for history much like Game and Watch. Up till now, there hasn't been a famicom character other than ice Climbers and the Disk characters.

Ok, so he wants to add another Famicom character. Why pick the dog when he could just pick mach Rider, Balloon Fighter, Mike Jones, Takamaru ect ect. Your point doesn't say why Duck Hunt Dog should be in but why one specific point isn't true.

5. This thread is full of hardcore gamers. They generally care about BAMF and OP characters and what they see with their eyes. Remember Palutena during the "Palutena vs. Medusa" debate? Palutena had little support because most people never saw her fight before but after Uprising came out, they now see how she could fight and now her support skyrocketed.
So what does this even have to do with Duck Hunt Dog? See, are you even defending the character any more or trying to say that every characters sucks so yours sucks relatively less. For the rest, see point 1.

6. Not even referenced in a Smash game? I take it you never took the time to read the Ducks trophy in Melee. It described the dog's personality as "faithful" and "slightly clamorous" and listed two things he does as "fetching ducks by the napes of their necks" and "grinning at you".
So he's refernced in the game by a few sentences in another charcaters trophy? This is low even for you. I hope you see how poor your defence was in you had to defend it with ignorable phrases in another characters trophy. Notice how the DUCKS were being referenced by the trophy and not the dog.

I hope you see how this will never happen. After all the points I made, you only could respond to one worth the other 5 being irrelevant made up things to detract the argument.

Again, the dog is a bad character. At least with Diddy's silly characters he could defend them (poorly, sure). There was some reason why people might like them. You don't even have a reason why we should think your fan character is going to get in.

The Dog was slain. Arcadenik, the disillusioned knight was too nonsensical to save his beloved character. Time marches on as the land moves to new and exciting characters to give two pounds of horse manure over. The Knight rides, but to where, none know. Legdens fade and Smash Brothers chronicles were released but none ever heard of the Duck Hunt Dog ever again.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Star
I nearly pissed my pants with excitement when I saw Ike on the Dojo! It was more than just "finally huge news on the Dojo." It was FREAGKING IKE WITH HIS HUGE SWORD! :ikebrawl:

@ Habanero
I guess that could work (although I see no reason to make most characters payed DLC; nearly all of them should be on the disc/cartridge; clones or nearly finished characters perhaps). However, again, if Stage Builder stages/Brawl stages are transferable to Smash Wii U/3DS from the get go, we don't have a problem, and we already get all those stages (from hacking). :bee:

Of course, this is all wishful thinking. However, it is still very possible. :bee:
Oh, what a tragic knight.
I know you are talking about Chu. But is this part a reference to me=??? As for where I roam... I do not inform you of where I am at. Except Sunday. I'm going to a tournament! :awesome:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You don't hold a patent on the term knight, John. lol

While everyone is fighting over that stupid dog I'm laughing at this Destructoid article going over E3 predictions.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Star
I know, seeing as you how you have a knight-ish character in your avatar. :smirk:
<<< That smirk smile ain't showing up on my screen.

It's just I'm used to being the only person referred to as knight, especially since nothing about Arc seems like conjures up the word "knight."

Also, link me the Destructoid article if it is funny! :bee:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mewtwo and Roy as DLC in Brawl=??? YES!
As DLC in Smash Wii U or Smash 3DS... well, Mewtwo, no.

Roy... as perhaps a late add-on/afterthought DLC (clone?), okay I guess.

I would rather have a DLC Roy (clone?) than no Roy at all. :cool:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@ Star
I know, seeing as you how you have a knight-ish character in your avatar. :smirk:
<<< That smirk smile ain't showing up on my screen.

It's just I'm used to being the only person referred to as knight, especially since nothing about Arc seems like conjures up the word "knight."

Also, link me the Destructoid article if it is funny! :bee:
http://www.destructoid.com/the-battle-of-the-e3-2012-predictions--227504.phtml

Mewtwo? Roy? DLC? I have only one reaction to that: HELL NAW
Pretty much this. It's one thing to do this for characters like Doctor Mario or Pichu, but not two of the most requested characters for SSB4.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I want Mewtwo and Roy in the story of Adventure Mode, dammit :(

Plus, I hate it when my most wanted characters for recent fighting games become DLC (Rain was DLC for MK9, Lei Wulong and Jack are gonna be DLC for Street Fighter x Tekken, and Michelle Chang is gonna be (admittedly free) DLC for Tekken Tag Tournament 2)

**** that

/selfishness

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I wouldn't mind them if they were on the disc DLC, but only if they were unfinished like they are in Brawl.

Really, DLC characters shouldn't be something pre-planned, but something that merely can "happen" along the way.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Arcadenik kind of reminds me of the pre-Brawl days where every character's thread just had these flimsy bullet points to reason why there should/could be in. You defended the character on a point-by-point basis without bringing them all together and looking at the big picture. I even remember saying things like "Well Sukapon can get in because Lucas was Japan-only too but he got in," or "Ice Climbers were obscure too but they got in, so can Sukapon."

Arcadenik never grew out of those days.

Also since Star brought up grammatical pet peeves, I hate when SSBF says stuff like "an unique character" or whatever. The rule about using AN before a VOWEL is a PHONETIC one. It's not "an OOnique" it's "a YOOnique." AND THE Y IS NOT A VOWEL IN THIS CASE. Maybe Xbox is a better example. "AN ECKSBOCKS."

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like the part of that article Star about the Chrono Trigger sequel and the guy saying if it happened, he'd kiss a bro on the mouth. If we got a Chrono Trigger sequel anywhere near as good as Chrono Trigger, I would totally do that. All homo, too.

@ Metal
I don't mind Day 1 DLC if the on disc stuff is worth the price, the DLC is worth the price, and the game is of AAA quality.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
If we're talking about grammar/spelling then Diddy, you know it's of course, right? And ssbf you interchange whether and whenever.

I hate day 1 dlc. I don't mind paying for dlc but if it's day one or locked on the disc it should be included in the game, barring unfinished chars.

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That was a pretty excellent article from Destructoid you posted Star. Kudos to the writer for the good job.

However, I hate his coin for saying "no" the any Smash Bros. news! :mad:

I also am mad at the horse for saying no to Beyond Good & Evil 2!!! :ohwell:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If we're talking about grammer/spelling then Diddy, you know it's of course, right? And ssbf you interchange whatever and whenever.

I hate day 1 dlc. I don't mind paying for dlc but if it's day one or locked on the disc it should be included in the game. Barring unfinished chars

:phone:
Ironically, you spelled grammar wrong. And forgot a period at the end of your last sentence with "Barring unfinished chars". :p

But I don't mind DLC. Key ones should be free. Stuff like extra costumes and stages are fine if paid for. But characters need to be free.(albeit, I think stages should be free in the case of Smash)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Beat him up, Champ. FOR ME.

Though you could say that since "Barring unfinished chars" isn't a sentence, does it really need punctuation? Especially since there isn't a sentence after it, so there wouldn't be any confusion.

Sometimes I ask questions without using a ? because I don't care about the answer, or have already decided I know the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom