• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Funnyjunk is not hotlink friendly.

Anyway, I can't wait for the preview/trailer of SSB4. I'm hoping for some odd confirmations. Mainly MegaMan, Toad, Isaac, and Saki if anyone. :D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not for me. I don't wanna miss anything either, so... Describe it for me?

If we get a trailer, expect the following: two very popular characters (Melee: Bowser, Peach. Brawl: Meta Knight, Wario) one shock character (Melee: Sheik. Brawl: Zero Suit Samus) and a retro (Melee: Ice Climbers. Brawl: Pit).

Anyone wanna make guesses?

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
K.Rool confirmation would be the best thing ever, and would make me buy Nintendo games till I'm 88, and 8 months old.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not for me. I don't wanna miss anything either, so... Describe it for me?

If we get a trailer, expect the following: two very popular characters (Melee: Bowser, Peach. Brawl: Meta Knight, Wario) one shock character (Melee: Sheik. Brawl: Zero Suit Samus) and a retro (Melee: Ice Climbers. Brawl: Pit).

Anyone wanna make guesses?

Ridley, Krystal, Lip, and IMPA.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
2 super popular characters.
1 shock value character.
And 1 retro character.

Who would they be?

If its Impa for shock value status, I'll seriously consider becoming a fortune teller as a profession...

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
To Asage:
I see Victini more of an unlockable character. It seemed to have happened with every other new Gen rep (Pichu and Lucario).

Though I admit that it would be a twist to see Victini in the first SSB4 trailer.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I was browsing the web, and I found this.

I don't know who made it, but they're awesome for making it. This is a perfect example of what I envisioned.

Anyways, yeah, true. But then there's Snake... Eh, nvm, he's a 3rd Party charater shock, so maybe that's why he appeared like he did.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Old bomberman Psa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf3fMfH3Ukw&feature=player_embedded#at=12 even though work is no longer being done on this there is an updated version but it was updated after the uploadation (yes I did) of this video. This is pertinent because I want bomberman is smash 4.

Guesses for trailer?
-Isaac, FE char, lip, and jiro /dillon :awesome:
I guess this is more a want list than an expectation.

Iblis and metal XD @those gifs. I would legit do the same thing in the first one if I was in that situation. I can't get mine too work =[

VVV Why because he's new?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
FE character is most likely Chrome.

Most awesome imo would be Isaac, K.Rool, Impa and Takamaru. I'd rather throw out Takamaru for Mewtwo, but gotta have a retro character... That, and the world wouldn't know how to handle the awesome.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
For the first batch of newcomers revealed, Nintendo will definitely look into some of the more recognizable and more wanted characters in order to raise the hype.

King K. Rool and Ridley seem perfect candidates for this. A Mario rep (which I hope is Toad) and Little Mac are also good contenders as well for this.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
This'll be fun. I'm twisting the rules a bit, since Brawl's reveal trailer had 5 new characters.

(Popular) Mewtwo - Would be good to know that he's back fo' sho'.
(Popular II) Ridlaaaaay
(Shock) Tom Nook - I've meet resistance with this idea on here. But eh, this one is equal parts want and expect.
(Retro) Little Mac - I don't really consider him retro anymore, but he's the most retro one I expect.
(Super Shock) Professor Layton - I do like his chances, but even if he's not in, I'd expect a third partier.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
2 popular characters: K. Rool and... Ridley?
Toad and Mewtwo. Ridley makes US hyped, most people will poop over Toad and Mewtwo though.

I figure, something like, Toad, Mewtwo, Ridley, Krystal, Mach, and Megaman would be a good line up.

Toad and Mewtwo are recognizable, Ridley is the villian, Krystal is the girl, Mach is the the retro, and Megs is the third party.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Two Popular Characters: Little Mac and Ridley/K. Rool (depends on unlockablility...)

Retro: Muddy Mole

Shock: Mewtwo (Not a total shock but a "Shock" to come back from Melee. I see it as a nice little surprise.)

And Mega Man at the end as a Third Party.

Just how I see it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@disfunk- Yeah lol the funny thing is I got more of these gifs that I can post :laugh:

It warms my heart to see literally NO ONE on here against Mewtwo (even if he isn't their #1 wanted character) :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd say at least Asage would argue against Mewtwo if it where up to him vs Victini...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nothing beats Mewtwo vs Ridley yet.

Mewtwo vs Ganondorf felt so ****ing awesome in Melee as well.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@disfunk- Yeah lol the funny thing is I got more of these gifs that I can post :laugh:

It warms my heart to see literally NO ONE on here against Mewtwo (even if he isn't their #1 wanted character) :)
I know you watch/watched my wife and kids. We NEED a gif of terry crews bouncing his pecks saying IN-DEED in euro training. For those of you who haven't seen the show/episode it's a lot funnier than it sounds. You should post the rest in the broom GD or a separate thread dedicated to gifs IMO.

Who else is a universally appreciated character? I think little Mac may be.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The only gif anyone needs.

No debate.

(Shock) Tom Nook - I've meet resistance with this idea on here. But eh, this one is equal parts want and expect.
You know about the whole Villager being in Brawl and then Sakurai was like, "Nah, no AC characters should fight" right?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah, thats all Im gonna post in here (gifs), and yeah, I love My Wife and Kids :laugh:

I actually had an idea of Mewtwo vs Ganondorf for an Adventure Mode cutscene, don't remember what it was, though

The ONLY thing that might hold Little Mac back from being universally appealing are the handful of people you see that are gonna be like, "DURR ALL LITTLE MAC CAN DO IS PUNCH SO HE'S BORING" (mostly YouTubers)

But other than that, yeah, you can't go wrong with Little Mac

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If it resolves around both fighting in mid air it'll automatically be awesome anyway.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think Isaac vs Link would be pretty cool to see. Oh, and of course Samurai Goroh vs Captain Falcon.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The only gif anyone needs.
No debate.

You know about the whole Villager being in Brawl and then Sakurai was like, "Nah, no AC characters should fight" right?
1. SNSD FTW
2. Opinions can change. And as I've said in the past, there is a way around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom