• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You trolling?? O_o

This cannot be!! But I will agree Slime looks sexy, I want Mewtwo.
Kinda.

But yeah, I'm excited for these things. Because not only do they get you hyped and I treat them like colectable cards, but because it's sorta like snow and christmas.

One these things hit the web, It begins to feel a lot like Pre SSB hype ~

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Okay guys, here are a few. Don't worry Shortie, I threw you a bone too. ;)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It's specifically why I love this thread, it reminds me of the SSBB hype from 07 with Dojo updates.

I can't wait for Sakurai to announce some news over this, this place will be flooded with posts. :/

EDIT: Yes!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's specifically why I love this thread, it reminds me of the SSBB hype from 07 with Dojo updates.

I can't wait for Sakurai to announce some news over this, this place will be flooded with posts. :/
Bleh. It's a double edged sword. I like the news, not the crowds. I was into the crowds during pre-brawl hype because I was like 13 or so?? And I thought I was a cool kid on Nsider.

@Star Thanks it's awesome :p I'm not meaning to look like a jerk because I didn't put it up right away, I'm just very OCD. I can't change my theme until I have four characters to support. I think I would go nuts if I stuck Kanan on the end of my stamps.

Thanks Star!

I actually like the news and crowds. I do not like the crowds if they ask for ridiculous suggestions though.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Alright guys, I think this will be it for the evening. Sorry if I wasn't able to get every single one requested. I did what I could. Closing up shop for the night.

OmegaXXII

Bleh. It's a double edged sword. I like the news, not the crowds. I was into the crowds during pre-brawl hype because I was like 13 or so?? And I thought I was a cool kid on Nsider.
Hehe, cool Nsider kid, then BAM! NSider forum gets their forum shut during Brawl's hype.

But yea, it's just the news that I like and that's what gets this place so heated up, it's hype.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's alright. You don't have to force yourself :)

What now? Movesets?
Will probably go back to my stage concepts. Working on a Ocarina of Time stage, have a creative idea.

Hehe, cool Nsider kid, then BAM! NSider forum gets their forum shut during Brawl's hype.

But yea, it's just the news that I like and that's what gets this place so heated up, it's hype.
Ahh, I remember the Nsider days. Making sigs, posting in Power On just to increase my post count, trying to butter up to the NoA admins in hope I'd get some special rank. Good times... I was a Pianta, made my way up the ladder only to be shut down. Now I'm a member of Nsider2; not quite the same, but it works.

OmegaXXII

Alright guys, I think this will be it for the evening. Sorry if I wasn't able to get every single one requested. I did what I could. Closing up shop for the night.

Awesome, your the best Star, thank you. :)

I also love your stage concepts, mainly the Custom Robo idea, I loved the music you provided, it just makes it feel so futureristic.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Awesome, your the best Star, thank you. :)

I also love your stage concepts, mainly the Custom Robo idea, I loved the music you provided, it just makes it feel so futureristic.
When I'm doing my concepts I put a lot of thought into which tracks I choose. See what's popular, what can add different moods to the stage, unique factor; things like that. I usually try to do 12 tracks each, even though most stages in Brawl only have like 5-7. But I'm thinking that the next Smash will more than likely have an expanded ost. Whether it be simply adding more music or some kind of DLC CD feature. Since the maximum for each stage to date has been twelve, I set that as my cap.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I still had photoshop like the Brawl days I'd make me some sigs again too.

Stupid new computer and not being able to get it again

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ocarina of Time stage.
I'm excited. I have a stage idea too. I think it's pretty clever, but it's also . . . well you'll see i guess. Did you ever see my Heart Gold Soul Silver Stage?

The Burned Tower
Game: Pokemon HeartGold/Soul Silver

For my first level idea, prediction, er. . thing. I decided to take it back a generation and bring in some HeartGold and SoulSilver representation. Yes, I choose the burned tower. Before the fire the engulfed most of the tower 150 years prior the events that took place in Gold and Silver, Lugia resided here. When the fire broke out it fled to the whirl islands. Three Pokémon were casualties of the fire and by the grace of Ho-Oh they were brought back to life as, Suicune, Entei, and Rakou. So the way this level will play is, you start out in the first second floor of the tower in the middle of the night. The sky if filled with shiny stars, a pearly moon, and the occasional group of Zubat and flock of Hoothoot/Noctowl. Eventually the Pokémon start crawling out of the woodwork and the occasional Raticate, Magmar, and Ekans can be seen in the background minding their own towery business. At this point, you can be KO’ed via the sides of the screen, and the top of it. The wooden boards that the ground is made of has only a certain percentage of hits it can take before the burned boards break. Once they reach that maximum percentage, the ground collapses and the players fall. For the five/ten seconds of falling the players enter a stage where ther is no ground, you are just rushing towards the basement of the burned tower and you’re simply floating. You can of course battle while floating, and you can KO in all four directions. Eventually you hit the bottom of the Burned tower where you find Entei, Suicune, and Rakou. They will be battling against either Lyra, Silver, or Gold. Each of them use three different Pokémon during their battle. (One of each has a starter of course) You can be KO’ed through the sides, and the top of the level.

Heart Gold Soul Silver: Burned Tower
Heart Gold Soul Silver: Legendary Dog Medley, (Suicune)(Entei)(Raikou)
Heart Gold Soul silver: Kanto Battle Music(Wild Pokemon Battle Music)
Heart Gold Soul silver: Cave Medley
Heart Gold Soul Silver: Route 1 Medley(Pichu Encounter!)
Heart Gold Soul Silver: Lugia Battle Theme
Heart Gold Soul Silver: Goldenrod Town
Gold Silver Crystal: Lance Theme
Pokemon Colosseum:Cipher Admin Battle
Pokemon Ranger Gaurdian Signs: Faldera Island
Pokemon Blue Rescue Team: Town Square
Pokemon Fire Red Leaf Green and Emerald: Deoxys Battle Theme
Pokemon Red and Blue: Bike Theme
Pokemon Red and Blue: Lavender Town/Pokemon Tower Medley(Pokemon Tower)

Now I'm a member of Nsider2; not quite the same, but it works.
Definitely not. But yeah, i'm an inactive member there too.

Since the maximum for each stage to date has been twelve, I set that as my cap.
Definitely good to know.

OmegaXXII

I'm definetly love the concept being a Silver fan of course, and the fact that Its burned tower makes this stage unique and one of a kind, definetly needs to be in the evening, but night is just as good, also an apperance by Entei wouldn't hurt.

This stage plus your Suicune idea would definetly overwhelm plus at the same time represent my favorite gen.

I need to play SoulSilver :(

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
This game won't be out for 2 to 4 years. (Most likely between 2 and 3 years) Why does this have 511 Pages? There will clearly be no hype left for when the game actually comes out.

splat

Smash Lord
This game won't be out for 2 to 4 years. (Most likely between 2 and 3 years) Why does this have 511 Pages? There will clearly be no hype left for when the game actually comes out.
Have you been around during Brawl's development?
There was a hype from beginning to end. I'm quite sure this'll last.

OmegaXXII

Like Pieman mentioned, it's mainly due to cover all bases of possibilities, in other words...

HYPE!!

I don't think this thread will die down anytime soon, and if we do end up getting some kind of info via Dojo update or trailer then it's only going to get worse, trust me.

If the dojo and trailer releases, you'll found out it increased by over 200 pages from yesterday.

2 years... 2 years :| or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 because Sakurai will have to make at least average to good graphics, a lot of characters, models, animations, visuals, effects, textures and other things.

- A Wart moveset once again made by Bkupa (The guy who made the Jr. moveset)

OmegaXXII

berserker01 said:
- A Wart moveset once again made by Bkupa (The guy who made the Jr. moveset)
I'm quite interested to find out this moveset, do you have a link?

I will definetly add Wart to my list, that fact that he's probably the most underrated character plus he's almost been completly been forgotten has me rooting for this guy.

I'm quite interested to find out this moveset, do you have a link?

I will definetly add Wart to my list, that fact that he's probably the most underrated character plus he's almost been completly been forgotten has me rooting for this guy.
Click the picture

I probably made one of the stupidest suggestions anyone could know. Lol. That's cause I did it for the lulz.

OmegaXXII

That's definetly the most comprehensive moveset I've ever seen, it's definetly going in my sig.

So much potential, yet very little love.

So far I see these characters as possible Mario reps.

Mario (shoe-in)
Luigi (shoe-in)
Bowser (shoe in)
Peach (shoe in)

Bowser Jr. had been in significant roles as of late, his chances along with Shadow Mario's are quite good.

Paper Mario is definetly growing in popularity, and with another game coming out for the 3DS, his chances too are good, but not as high as Bowser Jr's.

Wart's chances may be slim, but I believe there's just a glimmer of hope that Nintendo might want to revive this guy, it's definetly not impossible.

Rosalina/Daisy aren't likely to appear as playable characters, just as Waluigi they mainly star in spin-off titles, not enough major Mario games.

That's definetly the most comprehensive moveset I've ever seen, it's definetly going in my sig.

So much potential, yet very little love.

So far I see these characters as possible Mario reps.

Mario (shoe-in)
Luigi (shoe-in)
Bowser (shoe in)
Peach (shoe in)

Bowser Jr. had been in significant roles as of late, his chances along with Shadow Mario's are quite good.

Paper Mario is definetly growing in popularity, and with another game coming out for the 3DS, his chances too are good, but not as high as Bowser Jr's.

Wart's chances may be slim, but I believe there's just a glimmer of hope that Nintendo might want to revive this guy, it's definetly not impossible.

Rosalina/Daisy aren't likely to appear as playable characters, just as Waluigi they mainly star in spin-off titles, not enough major Mario games.
Shadow Mario? Ehh.... I know he fights differently. Just like Dark Samus, he will most likely be cloned just because of the MARIO in Shadow Mario.

Paper Mario's interesting and has a 0.001% chance of being cloned. The problem is he's not as prominent as Jr. and Toad to the whole Mario series.

And ahem... :glare:

I hope Ridley isn't a boss again :/

OmegaXXII

Silly me, I totally forgot this guy:

Kinda of ironic I forgot with you supporting him and all. :awesome:

Toad definetly has it going for him, his recent inclusion in major Mario games plus being one of the most iconic characters definetly makes him a possibility, he no longer has to be "generic" due to Peach's moveset.

I only stated Shadow Mario because he could possibly be a transformation for Bowser. Jr.

Silly me, I totally forgot this guy:

Kinda of ironic I forgot with you supporting him and all. :awesome:

Toad definetly has it going for him, his recent inclusion in major Mario games plus being one of the most iconic characters definetly makes him a possibility, he no longer has to be "generic" due to Peach's moveset.

I only stated Shadow Mario because he could possibly be a transformation for Bowser. Jr.
It's okay :)

It would be cool to see Shadow Mario as a transformation honestly. If I were to think like Sakurai, this would be his moveset:

B - Shadow ball
>B - Shadow cape
VB - Shadow Tornado
^B - Shadow jump punch

That goes for Dark Samus:
B - Phazon shot
>B - Phazon missile
VB - Phazon morph ball
^B - Screw attack

Damn you Sakurai D:

Edit: If Jr. was a semi clone
B - Flamethrower
>B - Jr. Klaw
^B - Whirling Fortress
VB - Jr. Bomb

This is not likely to happen

OmegaXXII

Bowser Jr. a semi-clone? Not happening! At least let's hope Sakurai doesn't do it, it seriously would dissapoint fans if he were to end up like Falco.

As for Dark Samus, sure she is a great choice but I'd much rather see Ridley instead, that guy is Samus main antagonist, plus Ridley has also been highly demanded amongst fans since the pre-brawl hype, I believe that his demand will grow even further that Sakurai will not be able to ignore his fan base who has long requested this guy.

Honestly if Ridley doesn't make it, then all hope is lost.

Bowser Jr. a semi-clone? Not happening! At least let's hope Sakurai doesn't do it, it seriously would dissapoint fans if he were to end up like Falco.

As for Dark Samus, sure she is a great choice but I'd much rather see Ridley instead, that guy is Samus main antagonist, plus Ridley has also been highly demanded amongst fans since the pre-brawl hype, I believe that his demand will grow even further that Sakurai will not be able to ignore his fan base who has long requested this guy.

Honestly if Ridley doesn't make it, then all hope is lost.
The only reason why I said Jr. has a 10% or less chance of being a semi clone because he can do what Bowser does in Mario. At least he got that paintbrush from Mario Sunshine.

True but then again, we don't know what Sakurai will do. He might add Daisy over Toad and Jr. despite that there's no logic in that. He did confirm that Waluigi will not be playable at all or whatever. I'm not sure what he meant though: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist14.html

OmegaXXII

Well even if the chances are there, if Sakurai knows what's right he will deviate from the clone pattern that we've come to know. Bowser Jr. has enough moves to deviate him from Bowser.

Just adding Daisy instead would utterly outrage the community, I mean she has no significant role, has always been an alt. costume, if anything I'd rather see Rosalina he Sakurai had to pick between the two.
But in all honestly that would be a real bad move on him, despite the fact the a more deserving character like Bowser Jr. Or Toad couldn't get in.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Possible Bowser Jr. specials...

Paint Ball: Bowser Jr. hurls a paint ball from his paintbrush. The longer the special button is held, the further the paint ball will be thrown. The damage from the paint ball is minor, along with its knockback.

Killer Jr. Ball: Bowser Jr. releases a Bullet Bill that's equipped with a bandanna. The player can control this Bullet Bill while holding the special move button. Release the button to detonate the Bullet Bill. The longer the Bullet Bill is active, the more damage it'll inflict, but its knockback will still be weaker than that of a Bob-omb.

Brush Dash: Bowser Jr. moves at a fast speed while spinning his paintbrush. The player can control the angle of where this move can go, which can make it act as a third jump. The brush can deal multiple hits, with the last hit delivering the most knockback.

Shell Smash: Bowser Jr. does a ground pound with his shell facing the ground. The attack does decent damage and knockback, but is less powerful than the Bowser Bomb. The lag time after using this move is fairly short.

Koopa Clown Car: Bowser Jr.'s Final Smash. Bowser Jr. jumps into his own personal Koopa Clown Car, and starts hurling Bob-ombs at opponents. The player can control the Koopa Clown Car while using this Final Smash. While the Bob-ombs are thrown automatically, press the attack button to fire a Missile Bill. Missile Bills are more powerful than normal Bullet Bills, and pack even more power than Bob-ombs. After about 18 seconds, the Koopa Clown Car will disappear, ending the Final Smash.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm excited. I have a stage idea too. I think it's pretty clever, but it's also . . . well you'll see i guess. Did you ever see my Heart Gold Soul Silver Stage?

The Burned Tower
Game: Pokemon HeartGold/Soul Silver

For my first level idea, prediction, er. . thing. I decided to take it back a generation and bring in some HeartGold and SoulSilver representation. Yes, I choose the burned tower. Before the fire the engulfed most of the tower 150 years prior the events that took place in Gold and Silver, Lugia resided here. When the fire broke out it fled to the whirl islands. Three Pokémon were casualties of the fire and by the grace of Ho-Oh they were brought back to life as, Suicune, Entei, and Rakou. So the way this level will play is, you start out in the first second floor of the tower in the middle of the night. The sky if filled with shiny stars, a pearly moon, and the occasional group of Zubat and flock of Hoothoot/Noctowl. Eventually the Pokémon start crawling out of the woodwork and the occasional Raticate, Magmar, and Ekans can be seen in the background minding their own towery business. At this point, you can be KO’ed via the sides of the screen, and the top of it. The wooden boards that the ground is made of has only a certain percentage of hits it can take before the burned boards break. Once they reach that maximum percentage, the ground collapses and the players fall. For the five/ten seconds of falling the players enter a stage where there is no ground, you are just rushing towards the basement of the burned tower and you’re simply floating. You can of course battle while floating, and you can KO in all four directions. Eventually you hit the bottom of the Burned tower where you find Entei, Suicune, and Rakou. They will be battling against either Lyra, Silver, or Gold. Each of them use three different Pokémon during their battle. (One of each has a starter of course) You can be KO’ed through the sides, and the top of the level.

Heart Gold Soul Silver: Burned Tower
Heart Gold Soul Silver: Legendary Dog Medley, (Suicune)(Entei)(Raikou)
Heart Gold Soul silver: Kanto Battle Music(Wild Pokemon Battle Music)
Heart Gold Soul silver: Cave Medley
Heart Gold Soul Silver: Route 1 Medley(Pichu Encounter!)
Heart Gold Soul Silver: Lugia Battle Theme
Heart Gold Soul Silver: Goldenrod Town
Gold Silver Crystal: Lance Theme
Pokemon Colosseum:Cipher Admin Battle
Pokemon Ranger Gaurdian Signs: Faldera Island
Pokemon Blue Rescue Team: Town Square
Pokemon Fire Red Leaf Green and Emerald: Deoxys Battle Theme
Pokemon Red and Blue: Bike Theme
Pokemon Red and Blue: Lavender Town/Pokemon Tower Medley(Pokemon Tower)
I like the idea, my only thing is I'm doubtful we will get a HeartGold/SoulSilver stage. Unfortunately. Black and White will have priority when it comes to the game specific stage and after that we will probably have Pokémon Stadium 3.

D

Deleted member

I would love to see Bowser Jr. turn into Shadow Mario. I'm not sure why people rejected the idea a long time ago. That is the only transformation I would really like to see. At least put it as Shadow Mario's Final Smash.

Just want to give my gratitude for Starphoenix. I first noticed his Ray MK III avatar over at Nsider and I have to say, I'm impressed that he actually managed to get GIF avatars like this done first.

Could you do GIF's for Little Mac, Victini, and Isaac? Much appreciated.

@Shortiecanbrawl stage idea: Switch Goldenrod City with Ecruteak City. Since Burned Tower is located in Ecruteak City, is is much better fitting.
BlazingKatakiri said:
This game won't be out for 2 to 4 years. (Most likely between 2 and 3 years) Why does this have 511 Pages? There will clearly be no hype left for when the game actually comes out
It's not like we're going to be so burned out on the hype that we have nothing else to gear our attention towards in this game. The only thing that will slow the hype is bad news in regards to the game. If we get a minimum of that, this game will receive an insane amount of hype that will only escalate until the very end.
berserker01 said:
I hope Ridley isn't a boss again :/
If Ridley is a boss again, at least make it to where after you defeat him, he becomes playable. It would be insulting to see only one rep for the Metroid franchise again.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just want to give my gratitude for Starphoenix. I first noticed his Ray MK III avatar over at Nsider and I have to say, I'm impressed that he actually managed to get GIF avatars like this done first.

Could you do GIF's for Little Mac, Victini, and Isaac? Much appreciated.It's not like we're going to be so burned out on the hype that we have nothing else to gear our attention towards in this game. The only thing that will slow the hype is bad news in regards to the game. If we get a minimum of that, this game will receive an insane amount of hype that will only escalate until the very end.If Ridley is a boss again, at least make it to where after you defeat him, he becomes playable. It would be insulting to see only one rep for the Metroid franchise again.
Already have Little Mac.

Since several people have asked for Isaac I can do him and will try to get Victini done.

OmegaXXII

Would ya'll be mad if all three of Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and Toad made it in?
It's not that we would be mad, it's the simple fact that all three characters just aren't going to make the roster, I'm not trying to put anyone's hopes down but it's the most logical thing to think.

If two were two be picked I'd go for Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario, heck if Sakurai just choose one, Bowser Jr. would be the best choice IMO hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom