• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani

Smash Lord
I wonder what AR cards will do for this game. Maybe there can be music, trophy, and sticker cards

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Smash Bros. AR cards would be legit.

I could see them adding those for secret and/or additional Stage Tracks, Trophies, etc.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Hey, how do you get the characters you want for the next Smash in the signature? (Spelled that wrong, didn't I.)

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Maybe we should be detectives...

Kick Butt Detectives!

No, well, ok...

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Looks like this Thread is not active like the Wii U thread...

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I envision the 3DS version to be like subspace with a 1v1 mode and other single player modes. Too much stuff going on at once would probably lead to a frame rate drop like in MSG or Blazblue which would take away from the gameplay experience during a free for all.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
KIU handled 6 players & pretty sizable arenas without much problems. I think SSB3DS can do 4.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
I envision the 3DS version to be like subspace with a 1v1 mode and other single player modes. Too much stuff going on at once would probably lead to a frame rate drop like in MSG or Blazblue which would take away from the gameplay experience during a free for all.
as in, Monosodium Glutamate? :laugh:

for the pictures like this:

you'll want to put the link below with image tags. replace the blank with the character of your choosing, and see what happens. they've got a pretty good selection, as long as you're not looking for anybody too out-there. (like agumon... :frown: )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/CloakedShadow/________.gif

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
But... why a smash for 3DS can not have a good multiplayer options too?

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
But... why a smash for 3DS can not have a good multiplayer options too?
It definitely could, and to be honest I don't really understand why this thread isn't near as active as the Wii U one. The only explanation I had gotten was that the Wii U had a bigger emphasis on multiplayer. I'm guessing maybe it's just that people much prefer the console smash over a handheld Smash. Not entirely sure though.

army man

Smash Ace
and i think since the system itself hasn't come out yet in the first place, there would probably be more room for speculation. but i still don't see why, maybe since the wiiu is a home console, those have always been more popular anyway

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The thing is that what the SSB4 Wii U thread discusses isn't the Wii U, there isn't too much to talk about with that (the little that can be has been done to death). So they talk about SSB4 stages, characters, music, etc. The same applies to 3DS, so really I think people are just going over to the one that symbolizes the "main game" and talking about SSB4.

For now its just two places where you can talk about SSB4, it isn't surprising the home console one where you "show off your skills" is the one that people pick when they do so.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
This goes without saying, and forgive me if it has been said already, but Sm4sh 3DS should and will most likely utilize the Circle Pad Pro. I see said attachment acting as a C-Stick.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
That would be best but I trust that it'll be optional. I've been playing with a faulty controller (C stick and R button don't work) for 2 years now and I can't in good conscience make a legit john of that since we have controller customization.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
sector Z didn't do much for me, corneria was a totally satisfactory substitute. i want to see them bring back fourside. one of the best-looking stages in the whole Smash series IMO. actually, i thought that their picks for returning stages were all wrong, except for temple and big blue. i would've gone with fourside, peach's castle, venom, poke-floats, brinstar depths, fountain of dreams, yoshi's story, and kongo jungle.

did anyone else find the mach rider song to be a better fit on big blue than PTAD?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I love all of 64's and Melee's stages (well, except for Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's Island 1, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes and Mushroom Kingdom I in Melee lol)

:phone:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'll get back to you lot on my list of desired returning stages later but for now, lets just say I was seriously annoyed by the removal of Dreamland 64.

EDIT:
N64
DK Country: Kongo Jungle -a renaming of "Congo Jungle"
Dreamland: Whispy Woods -a renaming of "Dreamland"
Hylia: Hyrule Castle -a renaming of "Hyrule Castle", to be 3DS exclusive
Mushroom Kingdom: Metal Cavern -a slightly larger version of metal mario's stage, still the smallest stage in the game
Mushroom Castle: Skyscape Collage -a renaming of "Peach's Castle"
Kanto: Saffron City -a renaming of "Saffron City", to be 3DS exclusive
Yoshi's Story: Final Page -a renaming of "Yoshi's Island", the heart tree would be attackable and spawn fruit when hit if items are turned on, to be 3DS exclusive

Melee
DK Island: <???> -I should probably have one of these two
Dreamland: Fountain of Dreams
Eagleland: Onett
F-Zero GP: Big Blue -a name shortening of "F-Zero Grand Prix: Big Blue"
F-Zero GP: Mute City -a name shortening of "F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City"
Hylia: Triforce Temple -a renaming of "Hyrule: Temple", to be WiiU exclusive
Icicle Mountain: Infinite Glacier -a renaming of "Infinite Glacier: Icicle Mountain", to be 3DS exclusive
Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
Lylat System: Corneria
Canvas Worlds: Rainbow Ride -a renaming of "Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise"
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Subspace Dimension: Battlefield -a renaming of "Special Stages: Battlefield"
Subspace Dimension: Final Destination -a renaming of "Special Stages: Final Destination"
Retroville: Flatzone -a renaming of "Super Flat World: Flat Zone"
Yoshi's Story: Yoshi's Island -a renaming of "Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story", to be WiiU exclusive
Termina: 13th Hour -a renaming of "Trophy Tussle: Majora's Mask"

Brawl
Green Hill: Shuttle Loop -a renaming of "Green Hill Zone", to be used only if sonic returns
This World: Midair Stadium -the first SSE stage
Wi-Fi Zone: Pictochat -a renaming of "Pictochat"
Smashville: KK Concert -a renaming of "Smashville"
Icicle Mountain: Summit -a renaming of "Summit", with all movement removed, to be WiiU exclusive
Subspace Dimension: Replica World -a randomly morphing stage that can take the form of any of the cloned stages from SSE

Note: exclusives would be obtainable in the other version by linking games and are generally only for when 2 stages seem mutually exclusive.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I cried like a child when I heard that the 3DS was gonna get its own version of Smash Bros. I've been positively <i>itching</i> for a portable SSB ever since Brawl was released.

I know alot of people are worried about the customizable options of your own particular fighter in the portable version, but I do think there are means of customizing your favorite character without taking away from their standard functionality. Smash Bros. is, at its heart, a multiplayer affair and I'd hate for custom characters to take away from that as well. But let's say customizing the characters comes in forms of alternate colors or costumes? Maybe if any moves are interchangable, how about the Final Smashes get a few options as opposed to the regular attacks? Perhaps a character could have a large attack FS and a transformation? I personally think that would be cool.

What I'm actually most curious about, though, is the visual style of the game. I'm not one to fret over polygon counts and that really isn't as important in SSB, but since the 3DS is going to feel like a more "personlized" version, how about taking a different visual approach. I think perhaps the game can be translated into a high quality 2D spectacle, with the 3D capabilities of the system really kicking in to give the stages some theatrical OOMPH. Plus think of the visual diversity among characters between the 2D plane on the 3DS and the fully rendered 3D versions on the Wii U? It just makes for an interesting dynamic that I wouldn't mind seeing implemented.

I'm still on the fence about exclusive characters in each version. If that does happen I think characters who built their franchises on portable devices would be more appropriate for the 3DS version, as stated before. Perhaps Isaac from Golden Sun, Zero from the Megaman Zero series? And perhaps finding ways to connect the versions to unlock the exclusive characters in the Wii U game? (and once they are, having other players be able to unlock them as well by beating them online, if they don't have a 3DS or Wii U of their own?)

But regardless of what changes or stays the same, I'm almost certain this will be a day one buy for me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, I'm not sure if Sakurai plans to make version exclusive characters but I wouldn't mind if there were version exclusive stages, music, modes, and trophies too. Maybe you can connect the two to get all the content on one system (that would be cool).

And I'm hoping the customizable character is the Mii.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Here's what I'd do for the two versions. Wii U: Pretty much same style as the previous games. Online, story, arcade style, etc. But for the 3DS, I'd make it an expansion of Brawl's system where you could improve your character with stickers, only it would be more of an RPG where characters could be enhanced based on how often they're played as, events they go to, etc.

Then I'd set it up so the 3DS version actually only holds a few characters at a time (say, five) downloaded from the Wii U version, enabling both to support DLC without memory constraint problems on the 3DS's part... although I've already got a honkin' big SD card in that thing...

So I'd have SSB Wii U be the 'party' version where you can just jump in and out and battle, and SSB 3DS be the 'social' version where you can level characters, embark on RPG style adventures, etc. Perhaps even make the 3DS version a 3D adventure while SSB Wii U remains two dimensional... would be fun getting a new character in the one version and exchanging them to the other version to see how they fight/explore...

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
I have an idea, if someone haven't already mentioned this, what about a better stage editor? I think it would work pretty well in 3DS...
First create a stage in 3DS and then move it to Wii U.

The Brawl's stage editor was a very good first attempt, the only thing that really bugs me is that it feels... a little limited. I mean I can't do very much in it and the grid or blocksystem isn't such a great way to create stages. They could remove the blocksystem and make the stage editor work with the pen (you still use a pen for 3DS?) to customize more creative stages.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That would work on both systems, actually. You can draw on the touch screen on the 3DS with a stylus, and you can draw on the tablet controller of the Wii U.

I like it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think the graphics on the 3DS should try to be especially cartoony/to the style of each character's appearance on the 3DS.
Hopefully Sector Z will be remade in this
I like Sector Z, but it is way too large. Plus, quite frankly, Corneria is better (minus dem lazers). Maybe for like a 6-8 player match Sector Z would be perfect. But other than that, it is way too easy to camp on.

As for transferring created stages/stage builder stages from Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U, I agree.

Also, IMO you should be able to transfer stage builder stages from Brawl to both games! *awesome new thought*

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I do hope that the stage builder option is expanded to be something amazing. It's an amazing concept in theory, but it just falls flat in many ways.

Not too much to ask, but at least have to option to use custom backgrounds or something!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I remember at E3 they talked about character possibly beoing customizable on the 3DS version. In my head I imagine the Mii being able to be dressed up like the real ones (like M&S at the olympics) and the special moves would be choosable from the other characters. I can think of several cases where that'd be super OP though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom