• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New, simple technique.

Jewbacabra

Smash Cadet
If you're playing a character with a tether:
Samus
Lucas
Toon Link
Link

you can cancel an airdodge by using your tether (I mean in the middle of an airdodge, in the air -- not as you hit the ground necessarily).

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but i don't see a thread on it.

usefulness? we'll see.

Zamus (Zamus cannot do this, sadly :[)

Tenki

Smash Hero
Tether aka Z-air is done by pressing the [Grab] button.

It's not very widely known, but [Grab] is done by inputting [Shield] and [Attack]

Did you know that when you press [Shield] in midair, you airdodge? And if you press [Attack], it turns into the [Grab] action?

Or with other characters, if you press [Grab], you'll airdodge instead?

:O

Common knowledge. Really.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Not new by a long shot. Samus uses this to get a slight edge on Pit's arrows. Every little bit helps.

Darkhart

Smash Cadet
If you're playing a character with a tether:
Samus
Zamus
Lucas
Toon Link
Link

you can cancel an airdodge by using your tether (I mean in the middle of an airdodge, in the air -- not as you hit the ground necessarily).

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but i don't see a thread on it.

usefulness? we'll see.
Zamus can't...

Jewbacabra

Smash Cadet
Oh really? thank you for the information, editing OP now

I assumed you could, she's the only one i didn't test it on lol.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
This was in Melee too- I would more often than not use air dodges to position myself correctly to zair a wall (especially Fountain of Dreams, wall jumping from the bottom of the screen)

edit: In other words, this is REALLY, REALLY old news.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It's funny how every new technique thread has the "I don't know if this is common knowledge or not" sentence. :p

Sorry, had to point that out.

Lied

Smash Rookie
It's funny how every new technique thread has the "I don't know if this is common knowledge or not" sentence. :p

Sorry, had to point that out.
If the OP didn't put that and it was common knowledge, then he/she'd get insulted like no other because people are so mean these days :p.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
This was in Melee too- I would more often than not use air dodges to position myself correctly to zair a wall (especially Fountain of Dreams, wall jumping from the bottom of the screen)

edit: In other words, this is REALLY, REALLY old news.
Probably the most amazing char. recovery (Visually) speaking ever...:chuckle:

Top Bottom