• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New SHDL vs melee SHFFL

J4pu

Smash Champion
Just wondering what the adept falco users out there find to be a better tech for falco
personally i prefer the old short hop single laser as it was quicker at shooting at ground level but explain ur choices plz

and yea yea i know, brawl is brawl, melee is melee theres no point in looking back blah blah blah
no flaming plz this is just to see people's preferences

edit- shdl does not have a fast fall

Yeniths

East Midlands!
i much prefer the old SHFFL over the new double, simply because i find it quicker and easier to pull off. =/ but that might just be me.

khoasgotrice

Smash Cadet
i prefer melee's, even in this one, ill single laser it, first one never hits anyways. unless they in the air coming down, then ill double laser it

khoasgotrice

Smash Cadet
i prefer melee's, even in this one, ill single laser it, first one never hits anyways. unless they in the air coming down, then ill double laser it

UltraKyu

Smash Cadet
Afaik you don't fast-fall falcos shdl in brawl. O.o

@Topic: His Lasers are still very powerful so I don't wanna complain about that. ^^'

cya

J4pu

Smash Champion
Afaik you don't fast-fall falcos shdl in brawl. O.o

@Topic: His Lasers are still very powerful so I don't wanna complain about that. ^^'

cya
you are correct, and all this time ive been trying to fast fall only now to find out it doesn't do anything when u press it in between lasers
anyway thanks for the correction without flaming too much since u misspelled fail..

ForteEscape

Smash Cadet
To me, SHDL isn't useful at all unless you're camping or you just wanna keep your opponent at bay.

the SHL was a lot faster, useful, applied certain mindgames (blank shots), and combo'd real easily.

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
I have limited experience with Falco (play fox mostly) but I've found both SHDL and a single laser both useful. They're situational. Some characters naturally end up in the air more, like a Marth player, and they will often jump into the first shot of a DL. If I'm playing someone who is more restricted to the ground then the single is easier for me to pull off.

Top Bottom