• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW samus recovery

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Ok so I was fooling around on dreamland 64 and I did something NEATO. Completly useless but super fancy, I called it the PKM Reverse Sub Dreamland Pixel Super Glitch Recovery or PKMRSDPSGR.

here's a short video of it.

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2GXMIGXIX1YMJ018EGW9BVQXAQ

enjoy.

Now everybody who will recover in sexy ways, from now on, will have to say they pulled out a PKMRSDPSGR or a pkm's recovery.

thank you.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can think of some times where this would have saved me.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Are you a magician?

This owns. I just wish every character had a grappling beam.. Will it work with Link?

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
It has to connect with the very end of the grapple beam, unfortunately.

vodka is trying with Link, but he thinks it won't work cuz Link's won't go high enough.

Zero34

Smash Lord
haha, samus is so amazing. im gonna go try this. there is a SLIGHT chance that this has some purpose. like, go across the entire bottom of dreamland to the other side and recover on that edge just to mess your with opponent

Jennuh

Smash Journeyman
Zero34 said:
haha, samus is so amazing. im gonna go try this. there is a SLIGHT chance that this has some purpose. like, go across the entire bottom of dreamland to the other side and recover on that edge just to mess your with opponent
LOL! That would seriously annoy me, I'd be like 'WTF. D:"

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hey now whenever I am samus "almost never" and I end up down there at least Ill know its possible to get back up. lol.

Crashmania

Smash Journeyman
it doesn't have to connect with very end of grapple i made it work with varying lengths, but very inconsistantly (2 different very's, look closely)
i think it has to do with that pulse thing the grapple does, like every few frames the grab box pulses and is a bit bigger. its weird stuff, ask sdm he'll know

ak47

Smash Journeyman
this **** is crazy man when how did u figure this out.did u acually try to do this or it just happened out of no where?

M3ca

Smash Apprentice
agreed ^ samus recovery is top tier.

that was insane, im gonna try that next time.

thanks XD

Diskorde

Smash Rookie
Okay, I've been playing around with it for a while, and the consistency of the recovery is meh. I haven't been able to find a point where Samus will always latch on. However, I've found that I've had the most success with it when Samus is either really close or really far away from the point.

In addition, I've gone under the stage exactly once. That was a freak accident. But very cool.

Echo

Smash Champion
There are actually times where I could use this. Nice find.

The toughest part about this move, is after you pull it off, standing up and shouting "PKMRSDPSGR!!!!", without people thinking your mentally handicap.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Actually, this isn't new at all. I discovered this technique over a year ago.

Here's my thread (though the links for the videos are dead)

And here's some videos for you.
- Kame Catch
- Under Dream Land

It's just a glitch that lets you grab the opposite side of the ledge and can be done an various stages. I believe you have to use a grapple jump against the ceiling to get it to attach. It's very inconsistant though, only working 10% of the time or so. It's cool to do, but not worth the risk unless you happen to get caught under a stage.

So yeah, if anyone should get credit it's me. :-p

Gamut

Smash Cadet
My computer can only view old mpeg files so can someone elaborate what happens and how to do it?

AS Money

Smash Lord
lol that is funny and efective nice find how the **** did you think to do that ****

Diskorde

Smash Rookie
Whoa. In that Kame Catch video, where is samus hanging from? That's incredible.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Diskorde said:
Whoa. In that Kame Catch video, where is samus hanging from? That's incredible.
The front of the turtle. It's hard to tell I'm even hanging onto anything. My friend killed himself cause he thought the match was over. Afterward, I went on to win the match because of it. :chuckle:

Top Bottom