• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New player asking for advice!

Mr.Smooth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gruvblaze
3DS FC
2595-2050-7018
Hello, I've been playing competitively for roughly two weeks now and have been reading a lot of guides, taking advice and practicing advanced techs when I've been able to.

I managed to record a few videos with Renth and was hoping you guys could help critique and tell me what I'm doing right and what I'm doing horribly wrong.

Thank you any criticism is welcome and encouraged!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzZfFjQE48U&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHajN5cSjvg&feature=youtu.be

Renth

Smash Hero
I feel like in the two weeks you've been coming to visit me you've already developed a much higher understanding of what it is you need to do.

This is two weeks, I can only imagine what 2 months is going to look like.

The best advice I can give you right now is grind through it. Melee has a harsh learning curve, imagine trying to ice skate up a mountain backwards. I believe you in keep those feet sliding up that mountain bro!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i'm pretty impressed with the amount of tech you're attempting for only having played for two weeks. It usually takes players a lot longer to try to incorporate wavedashing and stuff. Keep up the hard work and you'll go places for sure =D

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Try practicing some dash-dancing (dashing back and forth quickly) and grab ganon more. uthrow and down throw are the best. There is a percent range like 65-80ish where you can uthrow ganon and then you get a free knee, but you have to be fast. ask mark about it. That's all for now, keep up the good work!

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yeah, Dave has the enders down, it just boils down to baiting Ganon's aerials with dash dance and mixing him up with grabs and uairs, probably one of the best ways to edge guard him would be to grab the ledge, and wait for him to recover back on the stage and set up for a dair to knee or ledge hop knee. Don't be afraid to go out there with uair>knee if you feel like he's going to wizard's foot prematurely for recovery..

"YOLO"

Smash Cadet
Owww, what a tender Falcon. :3
Keep practicing tech skill and don't forget about practicing Running SS jumps, wavedash out of shield and wavelands. That's fundamental.
And keep in mind Falcon is one of the most difficult characters to start with. Too much speed too handle at first and such a lslow tech roll.

But always remember that Falcon is the best character.

Top Bottom