• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (April 1st, 2015)

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

This isn't an April Fool's joke. Nintendo has announced that there will be a new Nintendo Direct presentation tomorrow at 3 pm PT. This Direct will cover upcoming Wii U and 3DS games. Also, after the Direct is over, there will be a live Nintendo Treehouse presentation featuring one of Nintendo's spring releases. Once again, this is not a joke.

Check out the official confirmation tweet down below.

Could this Direct also be the first time Mewtwo is shown in action for Super Smash bros Wii U and 3DS? Will there be a release date announcement for Mewtwo as well? Sakurai did state not too long ago that Mewtwo was "pretty much done" and that they plan on releasing him soon.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and wants to see Mewtwo, Star Fox and a few surprises. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.
Mewtwo? MEWTWO! Mewtwo! omg it has to be mewtwo!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, the resulted rage of the fans would have the force to move worlds, if that was the case.:roll:

It is, however, suspicious that they would chose this date, huh.
if I did the math right, though, the video is going to stream on Japan at April 2nd, not 1st, 'cause time zones. So there's the answer to most people who think they are going to make an April fool's joke/killjoy
Then they will announce Mewtwo is a Japan exclusive character to spite the rest of the world.

And then the pure rage from everyone in the world minus Japan.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I feel seeing Mewtwo in some form as well as the new MiiVerse stage to be fairly likely. While I doubtful, it would be great to see some future content being announced for Smash Bros.

I don't think we will see LoZWii U since it was announced it won't be shown at E3. I think, however, Star Fox Wii U, Woolly World, and maybe the other Miyamoto titles will be shown. I also expect some new info regarding the new Fire Emblem.

I will bet on it that Splatoon and Xenoblade Chronicles X will be highlighting and maybe a NA release date for the later. Maybe some more Amiibo news.

We could also get some more info regarding the new partnership.

Shin Chie

Smash Apprentice
https://instagram.com/p/05jx16hsFt/
MEWTWO!11!oihfcnreuiwv
I used Google Translate to translate what Daddy Sakurai is saying. (Yeah I know Google Translate sucks. But I can't speak Japanese :p)
It says: "Particular fighter, there is a possibility to make an appearance ...". Wow Google translate makes things sound like poop ;~;

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
On a more serious note, if more characters are being announced for DLC, I would like to see Lucas, Ice Climbers, Roy, Wolf, and Snake to be the first ones announced. I think they would be the more popular choices not to mention they would make the game more hype.

lemaskdemasque

Smash Cadet
Fingers crossed that this article by gamnesia isn't fake, and that we hear something about it tomorrow :(
It's pretty much confirmed fake, they refer to Popo as Ice Climbers, all the descriptions are amateurish and it was posted midnight of March 31st. Gamnesia dont post a rumour unless the have a lot to back it up with.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I'm wanting SMTxFE to happen today, but I'm not getting my hopes to high.
Same for Star Fox.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Fingers crossed that
this article by gamnesia isn't fake, and that we hear something about it tomorrow :(

Already debunked as a fake it was made by some guy on Deviantart, they wouldn't dare split the Ice Climbers into seperate characters (although for the 3DS' sake they'd have to if they wanted them back, since the 3DS can't handle 8 Ice Climbers on screen), Wolf has a good shot of being the 2nd DLC character after Mewtwo is finished up (assuming there is more after Mewtwo), with the mystery character either being Krystal or Rayman.

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
I kinda hope that the German leak is not real... this is because I would LOVE to see something Pokemon 7th gen related. I know its unlikely but I think its still possible!

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Well, the timing of this presentation was quite strange (and only a mere day and some hours of forewarning? :ohwell: Not to mention all the "fake leaks" that managed to crop up around the same time), but I guess it makes sense with the whole "Japanese fiscal year begins on April 1" (and it being April 2 in Japan during the broadcast's actual timeslot)..

It's going to be such a chore sifting true all the legitimate videogame news and fake videogame news that crops up today. :laugh: :cry:

While Mewtwo's appearance in regards to Super Smash Bros. 4 is pretty much expected, I can't help but feel that Nintendo is just going to wow us with more unexpected characters (be they lost veterans or sudden newcomers - for instance, a Solid Snake reveal would be nicely timed and very fitting).. I'm hoping for more news regarding The Legend of Zelda for Wii U, Pokken Tournament, and StarFox for Wii U, but any other cool surprises are welcome! And I would really like an official English (sub-)title for "Fire Emblem if" (hoping for Fire Emblem: Destiny, as overused as that subtitle is).

Almost there to MEWTWO'S RETURN! :mewtwopm:

Last edited:

Mooro...

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-2879-3341
Well, we now have the ability to vote on a character to join the battle in smash bros. Let me just vote for Ivysaur.

The CheeseCake

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheMajesticCake
I'd like to vote for snake actually but there's almost no chance snake would come back due to legal reasons.

KOJIMA WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Roy > Chrom. Chrom has no ph1r3 and Roy does so therefore he deserves the spot more.

But really, I think he deserves it more. Chrom is already in the game as a Final Smash so that would be counterproductive. That's more or less the same reason Lyn shouldn't be in the game even though i'd like to see her in Smash. With Roy, he hasn't been an assist or anything so it would be easy to put him in. Not to mention he's int the Top 5 requested characters to be DLC (the only ones more requested than him are Wolf, Rayman, Snake, and maybe K.Rool). Ice Climbers aren't included because Sakurai pretty much finished making them and only hasn't released them because of 3DS limitations.

Speaking of which, I believe the above characters are next in line to be DLC. Especially Rayman considering the leak from a month or 2 ago and how popular it was with fans. Wolf is also a heavy fan favorite to join since Brawl as is Snake but with the rumored tension between Nintendo and Konami, things seem doubtful. I'd have K.Rool over Dixie personally mainly because K.Rool in Smash has been something i've wanted to see since I was a kid.

Last edited:

Liggli

Smash Apprentice

Europe | America
"Other adjustments for more enjoyable gameplay"

Last edited:
Top Bottom