• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New New MA Player Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I just got word that we can use my town's library meeting hall, the cost is $50, and the venue is decent sized, bigger than GU at least, for just one room. There's another conference room for setups too. It's a couple blocks from the green line. I have the person's email to get it reserved, I might need a person over 18 to sign for the rooms though.

Venue get?

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well it doesn't sound like a big enough venue for Caty, but I wouldn't mind hosting a tournament just for the Northeast. As long as they don't want the venue $$ b4hand I can do it. I generate all fees and such at the tournament itself. We'd just need to pick a wkend to hold it.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Yeah, I doubt it's Cata worthy, but they're willing to start up a monthly thing. I talked to a woman who works there, because I was at a "tournament" there today, and she said she wanted to start a monthly gaming thing, and mass could always use more monthlies. I'd bet if we did it consistently we wouldn't have to pay for the space, too.

OWM, get at me on AIM sometime, we can plan and stuff.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
It's nearly equidistant from 3 stops, closest to Brookline Hills (D Line), just 3 blocks. There's pizza, sandwich shops, and a CVS within a block. Japanese food too.

I'm gonna email the person today, any ideas for a date? I'm thinking late July (Two weeks after MM).

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I doubt I can do the week after MM, my parents get back that friday, so I'll probably be spending the weekend with them.

I need to find her email again >.> she wrote the last half of it illegibly. gg librarian.

EDIT: Got the email, shooting her one now. I'll give July 26 as a tentative date, I'll move it back a week if need be.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Guh... Can't do it on a saturday, apparently the building is closed then. Maybe we can use it for Biweekly smashfests during the week, there are nights where they're open till 9 at the latest.

This sucks, no saturday tournaments there.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I didn't know there was a tourney that day, lol. I can't hold one then anyways.

Would metro-boston players be up for a friday biweekly? The space is very close to the train, so no transportation johns. I'll ask about setting one up if there's interest here, so post if you're interested.

elashish

Smash Rookie
I'm really late to the game but here goes:

Name - ashish
Hometown - Salem
Main Character(s) - 64: fox, kirby melee: not sure yet
-
Game Preference - 64 or melee
AIM - hash14ultimate or profcalc4
MSN - profcalc@hotmail.com
Car - Probably
Commuter Rail - yes

Does this info belong here or somewhere else?

nuro

Smash Lord
$50 dollar venue fee D:

I guess if people pay it can work. But the venue fee makes it hard since we need at least 10 people to pay 5 dollars each. Maybe if it gets popular enough we wont need to pay too much.

Maybe we should do Bi-every other weeklies first.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
The Biweeklies I can get done through library staff, so we wouldn't need the venue fee. The person I've been talking to wants to run something, so I'm going to help her start something up, even if it's not necessarily smash. Tournaments won't be done by the library, so there will be a venue fee, which should easily be covered, any extra money would go either to try to buy food for people, or into the winner's pot.

I'm really hoping this works out.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I didn't know there was a tourney that day, lol. I can't hold one then anyways.

Would metro-boston players be up for a friday biweekly? The space is very close to the train, so no transportation johns. I'll ask about setting one up if there's interest here, so post if you're interested.
I could probably make friday nights, esp if it's on the T. It would have to be after people get out of work, though (hopefully)

I'm really late to the game but here goes:

Name - ashish
Hometown - Salem
Main Character(s) - 64: fox, kirby melee: not sure yet
-
Game Preference - 64 or melee
AIM - hash14ultimate or profcalc4
MSN - profcalc@hotmail.com
Car - Probably
Commuter Rail - yes

Does this info belong here or somewhere else?
you put it in the right place, welcome!

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Yeah, the meeting rooms are kinda separate from the rest of the library, so noise shouldn't be too much of a problem. Now that I think about it, fridays may not be the best day, I'll see what day's they're open at night, and we can shoot for those.

Anyone else interested in a biweekly?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
It's probably too far for me. **** Eastern Mass having all the cool Smash stuff.

And Library plus CFHB Matches... Greene Archer, have you actually seen Cobra play one of these? Do you understand the amount of SHEER NOISE that man can create?

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I watched them at MM10. The meeting rooms are on different floors than the rest of the library, so I'm hoping noise won't be a problem.

Alright, there's interest, I'll go try to set it up.

Spife

Smash Master
if I ever stop being lazy I mihgt start hosting bi-weeklies. I gotta go to my school and see if I can get hte space though.

@keN

Smash Rookie
Name - @keN
Hometown - Raynham (think southern MA? next to Taunton)
Main Character(s) - D3, Zelda, Marth, Ike, Zamus, Wolf, Falco
-
Game Preference - Preferably brawl, but melee is fun
AIM - kennichi308
MSN - kennichi308@hotmail.com
Car - Yes (shared)
Commuter Rail - Bridgewater would be closest
T - Stop - Isn't it the same as above?

A little late to post here, but i've been looking to get better at smash for a while. My RL friends who play aren't really into playing competitively so its not like i'm getting better. It would be nice if anybody in the southern MA area would like to get together and play. (maybe i'll get my friends also)

Also, any smash scenes in the southern MA area anybody knows about that i'm overlooking?

@keN

Smash Rookie
what do you mean by southern MA? there are a fair amount of people who play in the fall river area.

oh, and welcome!
Southern MA, yeah, I guess fall river would fall upon that lol. Would anybody be interested in playing thats from the area?

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

nytejade

Smash Cadet
Name - @keN
Hometown - Raynham (think southern MA? next to Taunton)
Main Character(s) - D3, Zelda, Marth, Ike, Zamus, Wolf, Falco
-
Game Preference - Preferably brawl, but melee is fun
AIM - kennichi308
MSN - kennichi308@hotmail.com
Car - Yes (shared)
Commuter Rail - Bridgewater would be closest
T - Stop - Isn't it the same as above?

A little late to post here, but i've been looking to get better at smash for a while. My RL friends who play aren't really into playing competitively so its not like i'm getting better. It would be nice if anybody in the southern MA area would like to get together and play. (maybe i'll get my friends also)

Also, any smash scenes in the southern MA area anybody knows about that i'm overlooking?
I live in Taunton. Hi.

nytejade

Smash Cadet
Nope. None of my friends from the area play games. I'm also older than the average smash player, and I have tattoos. I might scare your parents. But, yeah, let's play some time.

@keN

Smash Rookie
We~ll, i'm 18. Work overnights at Mcdonalds on 138 broadway in raynham, (yay for ****ty jobs) from 10-6. Just come by sometime if you want and maybe we can talk over a plan. My friend who works there also plays smash, so we could all talk it over. Just ask for Ken, i'm asian, you'll recognize me.

Tattoos don't scare me much also. Heh.

nytejade

Smash Cadet
My car has a navigation unit with video input. Mobile Smash unit go. Maybe I'll come by when you're working, you can hop out for some smash, and then you'll get fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom