• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ness Tech: PK Platform Pressure (PKPP)

Asa

Smash Hero
Hello ness boards. I've discovered a new ness tech. It's called pk platform pressure, or pkpp for short...

Basically, it's a nifty way to deal with players sitting on a platform in shoeld. I was playing for glory for 10 hours yesterday (I won every single game by the way) and everyone would just sit on a platform and shield. It was so dishonorable! They couldn't handle this ness so they hid away , thinking they were safe... But they were so wrong.... I had the power to stop them in their tracks.

If you weren't aware, pkt's tail can go through shields. I jumped underneath my cowardly opponent and started a pkt. He thought he was safe. I'm sure he was laughing to himself. but when the tail tickled his feet, it pokes through his shield, making him fall off the platform.. And BOOM! Headshot. Electrifying. He was no longer laughing. He was dead.

PKPP will touch you like you've never been before.

Tldr: when the opponent is on the edge of a platform, doing a pkt underneath them can cause them to slip off into a pkt2. Try it out!

Example video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3QSTlVylg8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jy7V4_GVJs&feature=youtu.be#t=3m57s

Last edited:

knu_OOKA

Smash Cadet
NNID
ukah19
3DS FC
5370-0495-9774
I was playing for glory for 10 hours yesterday
I don't know why, but that was the funniest part of this post.

Anyway, if it worked that often, I'll definitely try keep that in mind when my opponent tries to land on a platform.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
The presentation of this tech made me laugh.

Will try this out though. I've been wanting some sort of solution for Ness' mediocre sharking game.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Sounds good. Especially since PKT goes through bodies. So basically doing a SH > PKT under a platform will stun them (if they're not blocking).

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
It doesn't Work unless it shield pokes or they let go of shield. I use this fairly often before this post though. And they miss the tech

Asa

Smash Hero
The tail of pkt can shield poke well, and if you do it right they dont land on the ground to tech

Noa.

Smash Master
A video or gif would be really helpful to show others what this tech really is. I know @ Earthbound360 Earthbound360 has a capture card. Hehe.

It is Ness's only real form of platform pressure. Uair is not that good at pressuring people on platforms I feel.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
A video or gif would be really helpful to show others what this tech really is. I know @ Earthbound360 Earthbound360 has a capture card. Hehe.

It is Ness's only real form of platform pressure. Uair is not that good at pressuring people on platforms I feel.
I've yet to try this out myself actually lol.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I just tried this out on someone at Xanadu yesterday. I actually killed him at like 30%. It was really funny lol.

Asa

Smash Hero
K did it in tourney today , vids will be out tomorrow or something

_clinton

Smash Master
Very serious question incoming:

There are platforms in for glory?
I think he is talking about the main big platform. That or things like battlefield, But yeah I've busted shields using something like this before. The invulnerability of pkt1's start plus the high shield damage of pkt2 can easily bust a shield with only a little bit of shield damage.

Love jumping behind a shielding foe, throwing out pkt, and watching them panic before their shield breaks

Asa

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Well... What can i say Asa, you went through a pretty hardcore recovery situation :ohwell:
Seeing that in video makes much more sense through. Doing it must feel great :skull:
I think I'll post it on the Mega Man boards. I wonder how Zori will react :smirk:

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
I love it. I'm taking it and trying it. So it pokes through shield on the second go round everytime?

Asa

Smash Hero
not everytime, needs to poke lol. just that pkt can poke very easily

_clinton

Smash Master
Nice stuff, so while we are talking about tecks that we are sharing with everyone did you guys know that if ness' pk fire pillar is reflected but then if he reflects it back the pillar becomes a shield breaker? I haven't had a chance to use this in an in person match up vs online but I do have a video if anyone wants to see it I'll share it.

Asa

Smash Hero
Sure share it! It does a lot of damage too, Happened against a Mario

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Nice stuff, so while we are talking about tecks that we are sharing with everyone did you guys know that if ness' pk fire pillar is reflected but then if he reflects it back the pillar becomes a shield breaker? I haven't had a chance to use this in an in person match up vs online but I do have a video if anyone wants to see it I'll share it.
I'm now wondering this now that you say it.

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Are you sure the fire pillar alone becomes a shield breaker? Or is it the fact that you're reflecting an already amplified PKF pillar AND that you're likely to hit the victim with the bat? :p

Although to be fair I don't see this being practical unless you already ignited PKF on something like Statues on Castle Siege lol.

Top Bottom