• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Music

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
In my 6+ months of lurking on these forums, I never saw any topic of this nature, so here it goes.

We've seen all the "what character would you add" threads, but here's another question for you all. If you had your pick of, say, 2 tracks to add to Brawl, what would you chose? As Sakurai said, they don't need to be from a represented franchise.

I'd personally vote for:

Rundas' Theme from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nMFLquJeCc

and Flying Battery Zone Act II from Sonic & Knuckles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBbeNOjpEWs

I mean, tell me those aren't made of awesome.

Although something from Chrono Trigger would have been nice. Hell, I'd even lend Sakurai my arrangements. :laugh:

Anyways, if this has already been posted to death, feel free to flame the noob. I can take it. ;)

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Any of the music tracks from Phoenix Wright would have been nifty if Capcom participated in Brawl.

Like, say Sega contributed not just Sonic, but a plethora of their characters in trophy, sticker, stage, etc. form.

In this case, say Capcom contributed Megaman/Ryu/Amaterasu/etc. to Brawl, Phoenix Wright music could be part of one of the Capcom stages.

EditorArtist

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Lost Tracks

These songs represent the music cut from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Most of these are not the versions of the songs that would've been in the game, but they are probably the closest Nintendo fans will ever get.

During this final week before Brawl's release in the US, I will be adding the rest of the Brawl soundtrack in the same quality as this release, each song given an appropriate and unique screenshot from the official website.

MORE DETAILS:

People discovered an archive (smashbros_sound.brsar) on the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Game Disc that listed all of the music with descriptive labels. There were some songs listed that weren't actually on the disc. I spent many hours researching and finding the most official versions of these lost tracks, in the highest quality available. Many of these songs are highly sought by fans, so I feel honored to be able to bring them to you!

Track Details
This page explains why I chose these particular tracks. It also lists the tweaks I did to unify and enhance the songs in order to bring them to the same level of quality as the music still in the game. This release does not include the missing Subspace Emissary music or Victory Themes, as there is nothing available online that would do an adequate job of representing whatever those songs might've sounded like.

I hope you enjoy the music, and feel free to give me feedback!

SPECIAL THANKS:
Nintendo, Konami, Sega, Halley's Comet Software, hosts of the source material, translaters and tipsters, Skunk from Final Fantasy Shrine Forums, Bahamut from Smash World Forums, Mouser X from HCS Forum

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Why do so many people like Flying Battery Zone (especially Act II... that one is horrible...) I mean it's a good song, but why so popular?

Anyway, my choices:

- Stone Tower - Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Loads of Mario Galaxy music
- PORT TOWN FFS THERE'S A STAGE OF IT IN BRAWL AND NO F-ING MUSIC OF IT WTF WTF WTF.
- Same goes for Tetra's Ship/Pirate Theme song from WW, sort of.

That's about it for me, I'll post samples later.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
I haven't really payed much attention to the new music for brawl so this might already be in it, but I'd just like to have the zelda theme played by a full orchestra as in this cliphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlcqQOtA7mo&feature=related

and I'd also like to have the main Metal Gear Solid theme like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfKA4b5SFq4

I know they already have MGS and Zelda music, but I think it's a mistake to not have the main themes in their original form. I know originally they aren't all with full orchestra, but that just enhances the sound, not changes the song.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The two pieces of music I would add are:

Advance wars: Original Gba version menu music

and

The final boss battle music in paper mario: thousand year old door.

Youtube isn't working for me right now but they probably wouldn't be too hard to find if you searched on youtube

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i thought stickerbrush symphony was in the game. oh well, i would choose dedede's boxing theme and the music when your fight kaptain k.rool in DKC2.

Zevox

Smash Lord
and Flying Battery Zone Act II from Sonic & Knuckles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBbeNOjpEWs
Very nice pick.

I'd go with I Am the Eggman from Sonic Adventure 2 (possibly just as an instrumental), and of course correspondingly give Robotnik a role in the game to use it with - he really should've been involved in SSE IMO.

Second, Golden Sun's Venus Lighthouse theme music - just listen to it, its perfect for a game like SSB. Completely epic.

Also, getting into music that would require further third-party involvement: Mega Man 2's Title Theme (I know they had an extended version used in some stages, but I've been unable to find it), Proto Man's Theme from the Mega Man games, and NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams - Bellbridge Version 1 (I actually like version 2 better, but the lyrics just would not fit in a fighting game like SSB).

Zevox

Zacloudseth

Smash Rookie
Mystic Cave from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (act 1...if they're different)

I'm stoked that Emerald Hill got in...i loved that theme more than Green Hill Zone xD

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Second, Golden Sun's Venus Lighthouse theme music - just listen to it, its perfect for a game like SSB. Completely epic..
Brilliant choice, that along with the two mentioned in the first post would be amazing.

And E.G.G.M.A.N. might work, but I don't like the instrumental as much as the lyrical version. It just feels so... lacking.

rove

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I'ma just subscribe to this thread so when I do get brawl I can have something to say atleast because this is a good topic.

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I'ma just subscribe to this thread so when I do get brawl I can have something to say atleast because this is a good topic.
Glad you approve. :)

A couple others I just thought of: a better instrumental version of His World (the random guitar smashing is just too much for me) and anything from Sword of Hope II. I know it's ancient and nobody has ever heard of it, but those fortunate enough to have played it will know what I'm talking about.

And pish, SuperLink9. Everybody knows that Flying Battery was perhaps the greatest musical achievement of the 16-bit era. (OK maybe not.)

I should also say that the top two picks from that franchise would have been Scrap Brain and Emerald Hill, but of course they're already in. That made my day and a half.

Top Bottom