• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Move?... or not..

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
I've been doing this for a long time now..

I mostly get my kills by spiking and MAGNET PULLing xD.

I use Dair 70% and Bair 30% to spike..

My Dair is more effective than Bair and efficient by:

Doing a Dair, then"tap" footstooling, then doing it again..

I think that racks up around 35% and enough to spike/kill the player

if this move is not discovered yet.... I would like to call it.. "DairTracking" xD

and for now on.. call me "DairKING"

lol xD

..discuss

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
tap footstool??

I hit all my Dairs if I do it..
it's a high % kill...

depending on the dmg.. and the char's recovery..

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
This should have been posted in Toxi's General Discussion Thread. It really would save space if people would keep all generic Lucas topics there.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Doing a Dair, then"tap" footstooling, then doing it again..
Hitting with the final hit of dair acts as a spike- so the person should be either pushed into the ground (ON the ground) or pushed further down away from you if your offstage.

Pushed further down offstage- what are you FFing to Dair again? That really doesnt sound like the most intelligent thing to do, compared to edgeguarding.

and Levitas quoted footstool numbers earlier on me, youll probabally see them soon :ohwell:

Levitas

the moon
You can't footstool someone in a "sleeping" animation, such as the one that you put them in when you footstool them when they're in the air and they land.

and Levitas quoted footstool numbers earlier on me, youll probabally see them soon :ohwell:
right you are.

It's like the old saying goes: Footstool a grounded opponent, and you'll be in lag for 8 frames. Get footstooled by an opponent, and you'll be in lag for 20. Get footstooled in the air, and you'll be in lag for 54 frames. Get footstooled into the ground from the air, and you'll be in lag for 25 frames before putting yourself in even more lag by starting to get up with either a roll or a standing animation in addition to however many frames you were in lag in the air already.

My mother always used to tell me that.
Now, Psi M is your best bet for following up a footstool, but only if it's an aerial opponent close to the ground. Don't bother if they're on the ground already, because the duration for the PsiM is longer than their lag, even without the 8 frames you have to wait to start the magnet and the time to fall. We aren't pikachu, after all.

Edit: or dair... forgot about that one

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
Levitas..

so you're saying it's improbable....

I do "DairTracking" every single game...

I got more info:

I footstool when the player goes on the second jump..
WHAT IF; the person read my move and try for his recover.....

EDGEGUARD LIKE A N00B ^___^
I always win in Arials xD especially off stage xD
try it..

it's a pretty sick move (h) xD
it's 90% kill over 30% of dmg..

Levitas

the moon
Dair > footstool is only possible if you manage to get the opponent to jump into your first dair at low enough percents that they don't get hit into the ground until after you footstool them.

If you hit them into the ground then footstool, they have a 18 frame window to start standing (which they can just hold a direction and stand) before you can start hitting with another Dair.

Offstage this would be a decent option for sure.

Please don't plug names for things that don't need names.

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
that's what I said... T_T

you can do it when the person does the second jump (which will be very likely or they're going to have to do a recovery)

look, I do it everytime, even though you're a "moon moderator" (wtf is that?) I can do it everytime when I do a Dair....

and everything needs a name..

Levitas

the moon
WOAH. Jeez.

lay off the guy, last thing we need here is animousity.

Er!ckLZ, I don't really mean to impose my beliefs onto you. I hate it when other people tell me how to think, and I wouldn't blame you for thinking the same way. Call whatever you do whatever you feel like. However, I don't think something like a dair footstool dair to be important enough to get an "official" name, whatever that means these days.

My bad for being skeptical at first on a legit option. Also my bad for setting you up for having all these angry posts by other people.

Top Bottom