• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW MEXICO 2012: A Fire will Definitely Rise. Pot Bonus!!PROJECT:M ADDED!

Napos

Smash Ace

IN...

NEW MEXICO!

Location-->
GUERILLA GAMING​

Located at the corner of Juan Tabo and Montgomery. GG is a lan center where you can enjoy not only Brawl but PC games such as Lol,DIII ETC ETC.

Venue:3$
Singles:5$
Doubles:5$ each player(10$team)

Rule Set: Japanese
BRAWL RULESET

1. 3 stocks
2. 10-minute timer
3. Best-of-3 sets (WF, LF, and GF will be Best-of-5)
4. Double elimination
5. All items off
6. Team attack on
7. Changing controls allowed
8. Pause is turned off
9. No standing infinites for stalling purposes
10. No bugs/glitches of any kind
11.No Infinite Dimensional Cape (incidental use of IDC is tolerable)
12. Ledge grab limit of 50
13. No scrooging (player may travel under the stage once from the ledge)
* "Traveling under the stage once from the ledge" is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.
Exceptions to Rule 13:
When one of the players is attacked by the other and takes damage.
[There is one other exception, but I don't understand it. I'll update this once I get a clarification from RAIN, or if someone else can figure out what it means from the Japanese version.]
14. Double MK is banned

STARTER STAGES:
SMASHVILLE
BATTLEFIELD
FINAL
YOSHI

COUNTER:
DELFINO
LYLAT
PS1

PROJECT MELEE RULESET

Stagelist:

Neutrals:

Battlefield Final Destination Yoshi's Story Fountain of Dreams Dreamland 64 Smashville Pokemon Stadium 2 Dracula's Castle Green Hill Zone

Counterpicks:

Temple:M Metal Cavern Kongo Jungle 64 - may be banned SSE: Jungle Rumble Falls Skyworld Wario Ware Lylat Cruise - may be banned Pokemon Stadium

General Rules • Items are set to off. • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively. • Regular sets are best of 3 matches. • The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes. • Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players. • Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players. • Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR). • Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Housing:
Will not be in issue of course.

3rd tournament of the New Mexico Season! Come on down! up! sideways(oh baby:woman:)

The dream that was New Mexico is almost there, let's reach it.​

Possible(most likely) New Mexico Smashers:​
Dekar:diddy:
Goyf:popo:
Tekkie:wolf:
Napos:diddy:
Nolan:pikachu2:
GoldenGlove:dk2:
Seth:falco:
Dozer:rob:
Iria:metaknight:
Beast:fox:
Panda:peach:
Vinnie:lucario:
Toonlinkguy:toonlink:
Sam:snake:
Brad:wario:
xion07:toonlink:
Sly:marth:
Alan:kirby:
Edman:ness2:

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
New Mexico needs more Ike representation. <3

Anyway I was just talking about how AZ and NM are so close yet nothing ever goes down, so I'll inquire about this with KiraFlax and others.

Napos

Smash Ace
I main ike as well! My best is diddy. Ha bring project melee! We have been dying to play it. Let me lmow aaven

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I may be able to carpool all my fellow Arizonians for this, but I will not know if I am free that weekend until next week. I will give you an answer then :).

Haha, miss ya Goyf! :) Do work brotato.

Yes, I have project M. And yes, I will bring it. And yes, I will bring an entire set-up if you like. And yes, I am awesome. And no, unlike KC, I am NOT just a god.

Also, Twins and Brad will not be here this weekend I do not believe. So I will be the only competition for myself concerning Project M. Sorry brotato. :p

xion07

Smash Apprentice
For everyone planning on being here for the tournament, I will only be able to stay a short while before I have to leave. I would like to see everyone again and those who are new since I left NM.
Would like to play all who shows up to see where I stand in the NM crew! :)

Napos

Smash Ace
Also, don't worry if you show up late. Its cool. We can wait. This isn't a WHOBO or APEX were it has to start on time

I should enter Brawl, just to say I'm in the top 5. And then never play again. Haaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Honestly I'm not sure I could anymore; a lot of improvement and new faces. But I bet I could place top 8.

Napos

Smash Ace
More than likely. I Might be the only brawler there. Starts at 5 yall!!

Napos

Smash Ace
Brawl results.

1. Dekar
3. Napos.

Love how nm brawlers show up.

Dekar173

Justice Man
NM just doesn't have the population density to keep games alive unless if they have substantial competitive support from their creators (WoC for magic) or great online capabilities/scenes (LoL and many other PC games coming to mind).

Sure, everyone who has a wii has Brawl, but with Nintendo hating competitive scenes, AND online, it was just never meant to be.

Napos

Smash Ace
I just figured, it was a 3 week heads up.

Maybe the day was just wrong. Fridays are a no-go.

Top Bottom