• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new metroid stage idea

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i have a good idea for a metroid stage that would constantly change so it would fit in with the whole stages will undergo many changes thing

you start off on samus's space ship in outer space and you are entering a small galaxy. the ship would be the only platform but i would be rather large. during this time some asteroids star pelting the ship, sort of like how the ships fire at you in the ssbm star fox level, except the meteors fall randomly, not aimed at you, and they come in small sizes, about the size of pichu. then you swoop down on a planet close to the sun, and the set up of platforms is like battle field except there is lava under the big platform. sometimes fireballs come up like in bowsers castle in mario games, but they do little damage. after a few minutes, the starship swoops back in and you have to get on it as it flies off the planet. then there is a small stretch of outer space where nothing interesting happens until you swoop down on another planet, this time like a jungle, with just the ground there and there is no where to fall off. no effects here. after another few minutes the starship comes back and you go through space again, except this time the stretch is a little longer and space pirate ships attack you, just like the star fox level in ssbm. then you go to an icy planet, where you land at the edge of a water fall of ice that is breaking. there is one medium sized platform directly over the waterfall, and big sheets of ice are slowly flowing over the falls, which you can walk on until they go over. then the familiar ship comes back and you get on, but this time the ship goes through an asteroid belt. sometimes you can walk on bigger asteroids next to or above the ship, but eventually you see a bright light and a warning sign comes and says [BOARD SHIP] and flashes a few times across the screen. then the asteroids get sucked away as the ship goes through a wormhole and it starts over again.

i think that this would make an awsome stage and i was wondering if there was any way it coule be made better

Actuall, it isn't a bad idea, a little drawn out, and i doubt matches would get through teh whole thing, but a good idea nonetheless.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well Sakurai said that stages would undergo elaborate changes so there will be a lot more moving stages

metroids attacking is a good idea but dark samus might be a playable character or samus alternate costume

and if you only stay on planets a minute or two you might make it through the whole thing, but you don't make it through final destination or cornea the whole time either

Vali

Smash Ace
If you're playing as Samus, who's flying the ship? The mind boggles.

Vali

Smash Ace
It wasn't a serious question, don't worry. Does sound a bit drawn out though.

Croco

Smash Lord
something tells me the stage with the rising lava will return, or are you talking about the one with kraid?
Well I hope Sakurai puts in a Planet Zebes stage in some shape or form.. maybe even something that combines all areas.. or just one area.

Crateria
Brinstar
Maridia
Norfair
Tourian

Personally I would love to see all in one moving stage.. Sort of like your idea with planet to planet but this is area to area.

Croco

Smash Lord
don't forget Aiether and Tallon IV
Well yeah.. I hope that they are in there also.. but when I think of Zero Suit Samus I think Metroid: Zero Mission and Super Metroid.. which are both on Planet Zebes.

Oh and there is..
SR388
That would be pretty interesting to see.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
i just wanna see samus have some sweet costume changes! fusion suit, LIGHT SUIT, dark suit...zomg LIGHT SUIT!!! and what bout dark samus, she's pretty groovy. they gave the skp that bloodhawk guy

Yeah, you should throw in some more Metroids in the background.Maybe some Alpha Metroids. Would really set offthe level as a Metroid stage.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
lawl. rob64 = teh ultimate ninjarz
Ahem, I think you mean Slippy - only TRUE recipient of the coveted title "teh ultimate ninjarz"

Seriously though, a moving metroid stage would be pretty cool, and the metroids as obstacles is genius. I've always wanted to see a metroid latch onto kirby...:crazy:

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Ahem, I think you mean Slippy - only TRUE recipient of the coveted title "teh ultimate ninjarz"

Seriously though, a moving metroid stage would be pretty cool, and the metroids as obstacles is genius. I've always wanted to see a metroid latch onto kirby...:crazy:
slippy deserves no titles. except bad ones. concerning the metroids...how do u get them off? or can only samus do that? :p

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
maybe a metroid could act like a flower from the lipstick item that sticks to your head.
the new sticky bomb is awsome i can't wait to use it

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
If you're playing as Samus, who's flying the ship? The mind boggles.
i know it wasnt serious, but remember the ending for the first Metroid Prime? she jumps off the cliff, and her ship flys by and catches her...id say thats a good enough autopilot.

btw, i think metroids should be an item. it would first be in a jar type thing (like a glass barrel), then you throw it in someones direction and it would break and the metriod would fly out at the closest person.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Metroids should be an item, if and only if they don't make it into Ridley's moveset first. Like as a B>, he pops his jar of Metroid open and it flies at your face. Or in Kirby's case, your all of you.

But back to the stage idea, I think Sora beat you to it. As the new Fox stage zooms toward (presumably) Corneria, you see flames start to fly off it, as if it's entering the atmosphere. Hopefully, it's like what you describe, where we get to experience a number of different locations, but in Lylat, rather than the Metroid universe.

Caael

Smash Lord
It's a nice idea, but it's already been done. Which is a shame, as the metroid universe is a lot more interesting than Starfox.

But please....no Lava level...no Kraid level....Tallon IV is the way to go...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
something tells me the stage with the rising lava will return, or are you talking about the one with kraid?
this is one of my favorite stages and just hoping that the original Brinstar stage makes a return with tweaks to make it more interesting it, that would sure be tight

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
metroid has always been one of my favorite franchises, so i hope there are more metroid stages, costumes, and characters. this metroid stage would be awsome, i didn't include light or dark aether or tallon IV as planets because they should be seperate stages

minwoo6360

Smash Rookie
Starfox stage on the Melee

Samus's ship should appear too, like starfox?

and Dark Samus and gun comes out from the ship and starts to attack everybody..

and have to move for everytime like other maps..

and I want to see some Aileans for the background!

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
this is one of my favorite stages and just hoping that the original Brinstar stage makes a return with tweaks to make it more interesting it, that would sure be tight
the brinstar stage in melee is only cool cos of the music and kraid. other than that i dont think its a great stage, but the music......OH GOD THE MUSIC!!!!:psycho:

Top Bottom