• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Method of Farming: Amiibo Gifts

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Pre-DLC, what's considered the best set for standard play was Heavy/Pipeframe/Slicks. The Blue Falcon is a modified Pipeframe, giving up weight (lol) and handling (less lol) for speed. Shouldn't take a brain surgeon to see why the best players switched.

As far as inward drifting bikes go, they simply weren't considered viable until the Master Cycle. Now you see them frequently, being that they have an advantage compared to Blue Falcon/Heavy/Slicks on some courses from my understanding.

Then we have Toonoki Mario and Cat Peach, which give up weight for acceleration compared to their normal counterparts. Meaning there's more viable (using the term loosely) Middleweight and Lightweight sets for those with the DLC.

Let's just hope Dry Bowser doesn't have better stats, or it'll be Funky/Flame runner all over again.
So... having a kart that's slower than the fastest karts but has other stats to balance it out (just adding another kart like the others but with different strengths and weaknesses), making inward drifting bikes viable compared to karts (when they weren't before, thus bringing them closer), and having slightly different stats on a couple characters that still aren't really the best in the game = pay to win?
Anyone? Does anyone know?
I believe I did it once and got gifts, but I'm not 100% sure.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So... having a kart that's slower than the fastest karts but has other stats to balance it out (just adding another kart like the others but with different strengths and weaknesses), making inward drifting bikes viable compared to karts (when they weren't before, thus bringing them closer), and having slightly different stats on a couple characters that still aren't really the best in the game = pay to win?
Somebody who has the DLC is at a clear advantage to somebody who doesn't. Blue Falcon is the absolute best kart right now, being that it has the highest combined speed and acceleration, AKA the only stats that make a difference.

If you ever want to use a lightweight, middleweight, or a bike, you basically need the DLC to compete at all with them. While the advantage is slight for T. Mario and C. Peach, for bikes it's night and day. If you ever entered in a bikes only tournament and you were the only one with the DLC, take a guess who'll win.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Somebody who has the DLC is at a clear advantage to somebody who doesn't. Blue Falcon is the absolute best kart right now, being that it has the highest combined speed and acceleration, AKA the only stats that make a difference.

If you ever want to use a lightweight, middleweight, or a bike, you basically need the DLC to compete at all with them. While the advantage is slight for T. Mario and C. Peach, for bikes it's night and day. If you ever entered in a bikes only tournament and you were the only one with the DLC, take a guess who'll win.
All the stats make a difference. Speed is for straightaways mostly, acceleration is for when you're beat up/make a mistake, gives priority over other karts (when you bump), handling makes cornering easier, traction gives grip on unusual surfaces like ice, and mini-turbo increases your drift boosts. There's always going to be some karts that are best on certain tracks or certain scenarios, but no stats have no effect on the racing.

Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are middleweights, not lightweights. While I do agree that the Master Cycle is the best bike, it's only the best in that one category of vehicles. This simply adds a balanced option in the core gameplay, which is all items, all karts, all characters, all tracks. That's what decides how balanced the game is as a whole. Saying it's imbalanced in a bikes only setting doesn't mean anything to the core game. That's basically like jumping to the conclusion that in Smash 4, for example, the fact that one character that dominates on Battlefield means it upsets the game's balance as a whole. Battlefield isn't the only stage, and bikes-only isn't the only mode.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Yea I have done 8 player amiibo fights
All at level 50. Here's the issue. The Amiibos play based on fights. So I have noticed specific amiibos behaviors coming from large battles like this. My Donkey Kong Amiibo started doing Down+B consistently in 1v1 after it played a 1 hour amiibo free for alll. I also noticed them rolling much more and shielding. So its a trade off, more loot or more skilled amiibos.
Interesting. That seems to be strong evidence of a form of programmed classical conditioning.

Maybe the solution to this is to simply do 1 on 1 matches if you have two amiibos you have already put work into training. Although, maybe something like team battles with friendly fire on would prevent the DK amiibo from doing that. Although, that would still have bad effects for a different type of amiibo - namely Link who would learn to not use his bombs/arrows/boomerang often.

Maybe the solution to this rests in putting the amiibos on Paulutena's temple stage, where the sheer size of it will likely separate the amiibos.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Interesting. That seems to be strong evidence of a form of programmed classical conditioning.

Maybe the solution to this is to simply do 1 on 1 matches if you have two amiibos you have already put work into training. Although, maybe something like team battles with friendly fire on would prevent the DK amiibo from doing that. Although, that would still have bad effects for a different type of amiibo - namely Link who would learn to not use his bombs/arrows/boomerang often.

Maybe the solution to this rests in putting the amiibos on Paulutena's temple stage, where the sheer size of it will likely separate the amiibos.
I've tried paulutenias temple and from long battles there I noticed link running away more often and projectile spamming. It becomes his main strategy to run away in large.maps.like that I've found. All the other amiibos just cluster together and don't bother to separate.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I've tried paulutenias temple and from long battles there I noticed link running away more often and projectile spamming. It becomes his main strategy to run away in large.maps.like that I've found. All the other amiibos just cluster together and don't bother to separate.
That's a bummer. It seems lv 9 cpus do the same thing. I'm curious how things turn out if I change the stage/rules though. For instance, turning items on might separate people or maybe having team attack on or something.

edit: discovery - there sdoes not seem to be as much crowding if you set the battle to great cave offensive with pokeballs and assist trophies on at high item rate. I have no idea how this stage would effect an amiibo though - which is why I'll test it with my new yoshi amiibo.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
All the stats make a difference. Speed is for straightaways mostly, acceleration is for when you're beat up/make a mistake, gives priority over other karts (when you bump), handling makes cornering easier, traction gives grip on unusual surfaces like ice, and mini-turbo increases your drift boosts. There's always going to be some karts that are best on certain tracks or certain scenarios, but no stats have no effect on the racing.

Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are middleweights, not lightweights. While I do agree that the Master Cycle is the best bike, it's only the best in that one category of vehicles. This simply adds a balanced option in the core gameplay, which is all items, all karts, all characters, all tracks. That's what decides how balanced the game is as a whole. Saying it's imbalanced in a bikes only setting doesn't mean anything to the core game. That's basically like jumping to the conclusion that in Smash 4, for example, the fact that one character that dominates on Battlefield means it upsets the game's balance as a whole. Battlefield isn't the only stage, and bikes-only isn't the only mode.
Every turn in the game can be made optimally with minimal handling. Traction isn't an issue because using tilt controls gives you max traction, even if you switch in the middle of a race. Even then, low traction is a minor hindrance at best. Speed and Acceleration outweigh every other stat by a significant margin, and Blue Falcon is the best thing for almost every course. You're not going to be able to pick a set for a specific course either, so you have to pick what works on the most tracks. BF fits the bill.

The weight classes are as follows: Babyweights (Baby Maro), Featherweights (Shy Guy), Lightweights (Peach), Middleweights (Mario), Cruiserweights (Rosalina), Metalweights (Metal Mario), and Heavyweights (Bowser). Every character in the game shares stats, visible and hidden, with the characters listed sans T. Mario and C. Peach.

If you ever wanted to use a remotely viable bike setup, you outright need the DLC. There's simply no way around this. If DLC for SSB came out and gave weaker characters new, great custom moves, you would need it to have a chance whatsoever. Want to win as X? By the DLC. All there is to it.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Every turn in the game can be made optimally with minimal handling. Traction isn't an issue because using tilt controls gives you max traction, even if you switch in the middle of a race. Even then, low traction is a minor hindrance at best. Speed and Acceleration outweigh every other stat by a significant margin, and Blue Falcon is the best thing for almost every course. You're not going to be able to pick a set for a specific course either, so you have to pick what works on the most tracks. BF fits the bill.

The weight classes are as follows: Babyweights (Baby Maro), Featherweights (Shy Guy), Lightweights (Peach), Middleweights (Mario), Cruiserweights (Rosalina), Metalweights (Metal Mario), and Heavyweights (Bowser). Every character in the game shares stats, visible and hidden, with the characters listed sans T. Mario and C. Peach.

If you ever wanted to use a remotely viable bike setup, you outright need the DLC. There's simply no way around this. If DLC for SSB came out and gave weaker characters new, great custom moves, you would need it to have a chance whatsoever. Want to win as X? By the DLC. All there is to it.
Handling makes it easier to take turns. This means handling is better for turns, as it helps the player take them. Traction is perhaps the most situational of the stats, but it still has its uses, such as dirt/ice/etc. roads. Also, do you use tilt controls? I prefer a setup with an analog stick as the steering (I mostly play using the Gamepad), but that's just me. They probably did it to balance out stick and tilt steering, since stick steering is more precise. Speed and acceleration have their uses, but that doesn't mean all other stats are obsolete. A theme I've been seeing with Mario Kart 8's vehicles is that it comes down to preference. I like vehicles with good handling with Toad in the driver's seat because I like making those sharp corners and being able to accelerate after a hit. Some people are inevitably going to like the Blue Falcon, but that doesn't mean it's overpowered by any means. If you have evidence that the Blue Falcon really is, in practice, objectively better than the other vehicles in the game, let me know.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8#Driver_statistics I'll just let it speak for itself.

Again, we're not talking about using bikes. We're talking about using vehicles in general. If you want to use a bike, use it. If you don't like the stats, use a different vehicle, or the Master Cycle if you have it. The DLC adds options. If you don't have the DLC, you can use a kart for different stats. If you do, then you have the new bike as another option. People play as the worst characters in Smash if they enjoy playing as them. If there are custom moves that make them better, then great! You won't be able to use them online or likely in competitive play. There's options. If you want to play as Ganondorf, play as Ganondorf. If you don't like his moves, use a different character, or the new moves if you have them. The new moves add options. If you don't have the new moves, you can use a different character for different moves. If you do, then you have the new specials as another option. The Master Cycle does not make the DLC pay-to-win. It simply adds options for people to use if they do happen to own it.

On a note related to the game this forum is for as well as the topic, I can't wait until Xmas when I get the Luigi and Pit amiibo ^.^

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if it goes by time or by number of matches. If it's by time, you could in theory just set the game to the longest time/most stock and let them fight it out while you do something else.

EDIT: Actually, I may as well set up an hour match and see what I get.

EDIT 2: I can confirm this is a viable method for farming. After just one 30 minute match, my Amiibos had a rather hefty amount of equipment and a few trophies on them. Now, somebody should check if you can cancel out of a match and have them still receive a reward: if that's possible, you could just set it to an endless time match, go do stuff for a few hours, come back and cancel the match, and gather up your gifts.
I really want to know if this works. I'm starting a match with my 1 amiibo and 7 CPUs with endless time. I'll cancel it in an hour and see if he gets any gifts at all. If anyone can tell me if this works and save me the time, i would be grateful

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I really want to know if this works. I'm starting a match with my 1 amiibo and 7 CPUs with endless time. I'll cancel it in an hour and see if he gets any gifts at all. If anyone can tell me if this works and save me the time, i would be grateful
You don't need to go for a full hour - only a few minutes. Make sure your amiibo has no items previous to the battle though.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Handling makes it easier to take turns. This means handling is better for turns, as it helps the player take them. Traction is perhaps the most situational of the stats, but it still has its uses, such as dirt/ice/etc. roads. Also, do you use tilt controls? I prefer a setup with an analog stick as the steering (I mostly play using the Gamepad), but that's just me. They probably did it to balance out stick and tilt steering, since stick steering is more precise. Speed and acceleration have their uses, but that doesn't mean all other stats are obsolete. A theme I've been seeing with Mario Kart 8's vehicles is that it comes down to preference. I like vehicles with good handling with Toad in the driver's seat because I like making those sharp corners and being able to accelerate after a hit. Some people are inevitably going to like the Blue Falcon, but that doesn't mean it's overpowered by any means. If you have evidence that the Blue Falcon really is, in practice, objectively better than the other vehicles in the game, let me know.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8#Driver_statistics I'll just let it speak for itself.

Again, we're not talking about using bikes. We're talking about using vehicles in general. If you want to use a bike, use it. If you don't like the stats, use a different vehicle, or the Master Cycle if you have it. The DLC adds options. If you don't have the DLC, you can use a kart for different stats. If you do, then you have the new bike as another option. People play as the worst characters in Smash if they enjoy playing as them. If there are custom moves that make them better, then great! You won't be able to use them online or likely in competitive play. There's options. If you want to play as Ganondorf, play as Ganondorf. If you don't like his moves, use a different character, or the new moves if you have them. The new moves add options. If you don't have the new moves, you can use a different character for different moves. If you do, then you have the new specials as another option. The Master Cycle does not make the DLC pay-to-win. It simply adds options for people to use if they do happen to own it.

On a note related to the game this forum is for as well as the topic, I can't wait until Xmas when I get the Luigi and Pit amiibo ^.^
Handling is largely useless. Even karts with horrible handling can drift around turns with ease by tapping on the brakes on tough ones.

People actually do use gyro controls competitively. Check out GCDDD's TTs. It's actually a pretty common thing.

Toad? Hate to break it to ya, but heavies are king. That handling you're using is just a crutch.

Proof? There are entire Mario Kart related forums that believe this. They can explain this 1000s of times better then I could. Or just ask a TTer on Miiverse if you're lazy.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8#Driver_statistics Look closer. The three groups are broken up further in exactly the way I stated. Doesn't it make more sense to call the smaller groups by different names instead of lumping them together?

More options = higher chance of winning. Imagine trying to play Rock, Paper, Scissors with your fingers glued together.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I thought u could only choose one gift though per amiibo. It only lets me select one.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
That's a bummer. It seems lv 9 cpus do the same thing. I'm curious how things turn out if I change the stage/rules though. For instance, turning items on might separate people or maybe having team attack on or something.

edit: discovery - there sdoes not seem to be as much crowding if you set the battle to great cave offensive with pokeballs and assist trophies on at high item rate. I have no idea how this stage would effect an amiibo though - which is why I'll test it with my new yoshi a
I thought u could only choose one gift though per amiibo. It only lets me select one.
Pressing a button cancels the screen but you should be getting all those items.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Usually it says "choose an item"
Of course, I could've mistaken
Does it? Hmm last I saw it gave me all the items. If it says to choose.though then for sure makes it sound like you get only one. I'll check later.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Handling is largely useless. Even karts with horrible handling can drift around turns with ease by tapping on the brakes on tough ones.

People actually do use gyro controls competitively. Check out GCDDD's TTs. It's actually a pretty common thing.

Toad? Hate to break it to ya, but heavies are king. That handling you're using is just a crutch.

Proof? There are entire Mario Kart related forums that believe this. They can explain this 1000s of times better then I could. Or just ask a TTer on Miiverse if you're lazy.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8#Driver_statistics Look closer. The three groups are broken up further in exactly the way I stated. Doesn't it make more sense to call the smaller groups by different names instead of lumping them together?

More options = higher chance of winning. Imagine trying to play Rock, Paper, Scissors with your fingers glued together.
...And handling lets karts not have to tap on the brakes, which would slow them down.

I never said no one used tilt controls; I just asked your preference, stated mine, and said the reason for the traction deal was probably because the tilt controls are a bit less precise (it's not as easy to go straight ahead, for example).

A crutch? You mean an advantage to balance out the disadvantages? I know that there are options that are better in some ways, but I just like playing as Toad. I like taking tighter turns and being able to pick myself up from a hit easily. Again, it's about preference. I prefer to use Toad rather than other characters. That doesn't mean I'm destined to lose or anything, which you seemed to be implying with the "crutch" analogy (someone won't win a footrace using a crutch, after all).

I said proof, not a few random people in a forum believing this. (I could only find a few; could you link your sources please? I'm curious to see their points.) Proof as in win/loss rates for vehicles, or many examples of Blue Falcon users winning online tournaments. People believed Little Mac was OP, but then Sakurai provided proof in the form of win/loss rates in FG that he wasn't objectively overpowered.

You said they were lightweight. They are mediumweight. Notice where it says "medium" for the section that C. Peach and T. Mario are in.

...Are you seriously comparing Mario Kart to rock-paper-scissors? Karts in Mario Kart aren't the same as the hand symbols. If you took your analogy of your hands being glued together in RPS and applied it to MK, it would basically be where you can't move the controls. If you took kart selection in MK to RPS, it would translate to somehow having a different hand to perform the hand signs with. Actions aren't the same as what you're using to do the actions.

Anyway, I suggest we agree to disagree, so that the topic doesn't get locked for going off topic or anything (this is Smashboards after all :p). That's what I'm doing, anyway.

Usually it says "choose an item"
Of course, I could've mistaken
I'm pretty sure it works the same way as the reward screens in Crazy Orders/Classic/etc. where you can hover over it to see details on each item, but once you press A, you claim all of them. I never noticed anything where it said you select one of the items.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
...And handling lets karts not have to tap on the brakes, which would slow them down.

I never said no one used tilt controls; I just asked your preference, stated mine, and said the reason for the traction deal was probably because the tilt controls are a bit less precise (it's not as easy to go straight ahead, for example).

A crutch? You mean an advantage to balance out the disadvantages? I know that there are options that are better in some ways, but I just like playing as Toad. I like taking tighter turns and being able to pick myself up from a hit easily. Again, it's about preference. I prefer to use Toad rather than other characters. That doesn't mean I'm destined to lose or anything, which you seemed to be implying with the "crutch" analogy (someone won't win a footrace using a crutch, after all).

I said proof, not a few random people in a forum believing this. (I could only find a few; could you link your sources please? I'm curious to see their points.) Proof as in win/loss rates for vehicles, or many examples of Blue Falcon users winning online tournaments. People believed Little Mac was OP, but then Sakurai provided proof in the form of win/loss rates in FG that he wasn't objectively overpowered.

You said they were lightweight. They are mediumweight. Notice where it says "medium" for the section that C. Peach and T. Mario are in.

...Are you seriously comparing Mario Kart to rock-paper-scissors? Karts in Mario Kart aren't the same as the hand symbols. If you took your analogy of your hands being glued together in RPS and applied it to MK, it would basically be where you can't move the controls. If you took kart selection in MK to RPS, it would translate to somehow having a different hand to perform the hand signs with. Actions aren't the same as what you're using to do the actions.

Anyway, I suggest we agree to disagree, so that the topic doesn't get locked for going off topic or anything (this is Smashboards after all :p). That's what I'm doing, anyway.

I'm pretty sure it works the same way as the reward screens in Crazy Orders/Classic/etc. where you can hover over it to see details on each item, but once you press A, you claim all of them. I never noticed anything where it said you select one of the items.
The speed lost on braking on about four turns in the entire game <<<< the speed lost from putting it into handling. Even just analyzing the hard turns, the vehicle with more speed wins.

I don't really have a preference because I'm more of an observer to higher levels of Mario Kart play. I would probably learn it if I played more.

There are multiple techniques that further widen the gap between lightweights and heavyweights. Firehopping, which you've likely heard of, and if you're ever slown down to a near stop, pressing A and B for a moment gets you up to speed faster depending on your acceleration. Having high acceleration means it'll actively hurt you, having low acceleration gives you a significant boost. Then another reason BF is favorable is because of acceleration tiers. Only full bars count, anything less isn't factored in at all.

Good players never even thought Mac was viable, much less OP. It's just a well-known fact that heavy sets are the only good ones in MK. Just get high enough VR or get into a competitive tournament and you'll see the spike of heavy/BF/slicks yourself. Like I said, I'm not good at explaining this. Somebody with more MK experience will be able to help you.

Those are the terms the competitive MK community has agreed upon. Take a glance at a stats calculator and you'll see the same names. Like in SSB. Officially, it's strong attacks and not tilts. Guard, not shield. Low jump, not short hop.

The analogy is that more viable options means you have a better chance at winning.

Just think about it like this: You want to win with a bike. It's basically impossible without the DLC. You have to pay to win with a bike.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
The speed lost on braking on about four turns in the entire game <<<< the speed lost from putting it into handling. Even just analyzing the hard turns, the vehicle with more speed wins.

I don't really have a preference because I'm more of an observer to higher levels of Mario Kart play. I would probably learn it if I played more.

There are multiple techniques that further widen the gap between lightweights and heavyweights. Firehopping, which you've likely heard of, and if you're ever slown down to a near stop, pressing A and B for a moment gets you up to speed faster depending on your acceleration. Having high acceleration means it'll actively hurt you, having low acceleration gives you a significant boost. Then another reason BF is favorable is because of acceleration tiers. Only full bars count, anything less isn't factored in at all.

Good players never even thought Mac was viable, much less OP. It's just a well-known fact that heavy sets are the only good ones in MK. Just get high enough VR or get into a competitive tournament and you'll see the spike of heavy/BF/slicks yourself. Like I said, I'm not good at explaining this. Somebody with more MK experience will be able to help you.

Those are the terms the competitive MK community has agreed upon. Take a glance at a stats calculator and you'll see the same names. Like in SSB. Officially, it's strong attacks and not tilts. Guard, not shield. Low jump, not short hop.

The analogy is that more viable options means you have a better chance at winning.

Just think about it like this: You want to win with a bike. It's basically impossible without the DLC. You have to pay to win with a bike.
Again, leaving this subject alone due to this not being a MK forum in the first place, even though I disagree with much of what you just said. I don't think I'll convince you, and I don't think you'll convince me, so let's just agree to disagree and enjoy playing Smash, Mario Kart, and other games.

Inazuma

Smash Cadet
NNID
inazuma65
Instead of arguing about what the best kart setups are, just look at the best Time Attacks and see which kart setups are actually best.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
How the hell did mk8 even get brought up? Lol

CharmingRogue851

Smash Rookie
Wow this thread is really offtopic.

Anyway, I did some testing with 1 Amiibo. It seems more time-related than anything else. With 1 Amiibo I did 1 on 1 (20 stock) fights and 1 Amiibo + 3 level 9 cpu's (5 stocks). And in the 1 on 1 fights I seem to get more item drops. But that's probably, because the 1 on 1 fight took way longer.

I also did 99 stock and paused/exit midway and I didn't receive any drops. So it seems that the Amiibo needs to finish the fight for it to collect the items.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Can you set this up with a wireless controller like the WiiU pro? Or does the game require a button press every so often so it does not de-sync with the WIiU?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Can you set this up with a wireless controller like the WiiU pro? Or does the game require a button press every so often so it does not de-sync with the WIiU?
I'd imagine you could set it up with any controller, since the controller turning off automatically shouldn't affect CPUs fighting.

CharmingRogue851

Smash Rookie
So I just got another Amiibo today. Now I'm letting them fight off 1on1 at 99 stocks (takes about 2-3 hours) and at the end they have around 10 customs each (so 20 in total), and they're always 'new'. Not bad for afk'ing. I can only imagine how much faster this would be with more Amiibo's. But I'm not getting anymore untill they release the 2nd set.

I'm using a Wii U Pro Controller. It desyncs and the screen fades a little black. But they still continue fighting. Just make sure to turn off the stand-by mode in the Wii Settings.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
So I just got another Amiibo today. Now I'm letting them fight off 1on1 at 99 stocks (takes about 2-3 hours) and at the end they have around 10 customs each (so 20 in total), and they're always 'new'. Not bad for afk'ing. I can only imagine how much faster this would be with more Amiibo's. But I'm not getting anymore untill they release the 2nd set.

I'm using a Wii U Pro Controller. It desyncs and the screen fades a little black. But they still continue fighting. Just make sure to turn off the stand-by mode in the Wii Settings.
Actually, it's the auto power-down you want to disable, not the standby mode. Glad to hear the farming's effective though! :D

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
What happens if you leave 8 amiibos to fight overnight in an endless battle and then come back come back to quite the match?

Do you still get a lot of loot? Because I think in the 3DS version if you leave a game overnight and quit, it doesn't count towards time played.

Doomes

Smash Rookie
What happens if you leave 8 amiibos to fight overnight in an endless battle and then come back come back to quite the match?

Do you still get a lot of loot? Because I think in the 3DS version if you leave a game overnight and quit, it doesn't count towards time played.
Just left mine going all night and cancelled it. Amiibos got nothing

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
The gifts are stored on the Wii U, not in the amiibo's memory, right? They must be.

OmniGuardian

Smash Cadet
I've yet to get my Amiibo's so if someone could test something maybe it could help. If it's based off of KO's could we set up a special smash with 300% damage then run it for 99 minutes to see if they gain more items? Might be calculated off of time, stocks taken, damage given, ect.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
The gifts are stored on the Wii U, not in the amiibo's memory, right? They must be.
They're stored in the amiibo's memory after it's transferred post-match (you can tell they got something because there's a present icon on the data that's being transferred to the figure), and to retrieve it, you scan it in again on the "amiibo" screen in Games & More.

Doomes

Smash Rookie
I've yet to get my Amiibo's so if someone could test something maybe it could help. If it's based off of KO's could we set up a special smash with 300% damage then run it for 99 minutes to see if they gain more items? Might be calculated off of time, stocks taken, damage given, ect.
Ive been letting my Amiibo fight pretty much nonstop (12+ hours a day) farming me items and it appears the gifts are based completely off time played over anything else.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
They're stored in the amiibo's memory after it's transferred post-match (you can tell they got something because there's a present icon on the data that's being transferred to the figure), and to retrieve it, you scan it in again on the "amiibo" screen in Games & More.
You realize amiibos only have 500 bytes of memory? They're probably using around 50 for its other characteristics, and then there's whatever learning stuff they have. That's why I think the gifts are actually stored on the Wii U. Someone should test if you can redeem the presents on another Wii U.

But, I guess it's possible the amiibo only stores the number of presents you got, and the presents themselves are only generated when you claim them.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
You realize amiibos only have 500 bytes of memory? They're probably using around 50 for its other characteristics, and then there's whatever learning stuff they have. That's why I think the gifts are actually stored on the Wii U. Someone should test if you can redeem the presents on another Wii U.

But, I guess it's possible the amiibo only stores the number of presents you got, and the presents themselves are only generated when you claim them.
It works like this: If you play a match with an amiibo on your (and your amiibo's) Wii U, you exit the Smash section at the CSS, scan the amiibo to save the data/gifts, and then scan it in at the amiibo section on the main menu to retrieve them. If you play on a friend's Wii U, you do the same, except take it home and scan it in on the amiibo screen on your Wii U, rather than your friend's Wii U, to retrieve your gifts. Why else would there be a present icon on the data that appears when it prompts you to scan the amiibo to save the data (the data with a present icon, representing the rewards, which is saved to the amiibo), and why else would it only give you the rewards when you scan in the data (and rewards) from the amiibo?

EDIT: However, the number of presents theory is definitely possible, but there's definitely something stored on the amiibo, so that you can take it to a friend's house and get the rewards.

Last edited:

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
It works like this: If you play a match with an amiibo on your (and your amiibo's) Wii U, you exit the Smash section at the CSS, scan the amiibo to save the data/gifts, and then scan it in at the amiibo section on the main menu to retrieve them. If you play on a friend's Wii U, you do the same, except take it home and scan it in on the amiibo screen on your Wii U, rather than your friend's Wii U, to retrieve your gifts. Why else would there be a present icon on the data that appears when it prompts you to scan the amiibo to save the data (the data with a present icon, representing the rewards, which is saved to the amiibo), and why else would it only give you the rewards when you scan in the data (and rewards) from the amiibo?

EDIT: However, the number of presents theory is definitely possible, but there's definitely something stored on the amiibo, so that you can take it to a friend's house and get the rewards.
Ah, you've tried redeeming the presents on another Wii U? Then something's definitely stored on the amiibo, yeah. It's probably just the number.

Top Bottom