• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New member - long time lurker

TheDerek

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone,

I've been playing smash since 64, but really got into it with Melee. Never competed in formal tournaments, but me and my buddies logged serious hours. I mained Cap Falcon, Gdorf, Sheik, Ness, Fox, Falco, Peach, and Doc.

Didn't care much for Brawl, but got pretty good with Lucas - enough so that I was the top ranked Gamefaqs Brawl board Lucas for online matches. Although that isn't really saying much lol.

Never played Project M because I had no one to play with. Basically had a 5 year hiatus from Smash, and now that Smash 4 is out and I've got a rock solid connection, I play basically when I can. I currently main Cap Falcon, Dedede and Yoshi, but to learn match-ups a bit better I like to play random for glory.

If anyone ever wants to play (Wii U), just post in this thread! I'm not terrible, but I'm certainly not great lol - but I do try and learn and adapt during matches, as opposed to playing with a flow-chart.

Last edited:

dudemofo

Smash Rookie
Hey man, I'm down to play. I myself have been looking to improve and start competing in tournaments.

TheDerek

Smash Rookie
Sounds good!

I gotta figure out what whole friend list thing - I've just been adding people that I've recently played. I'll post my friend stuff here when I get it figured out.

TheDerek

Smash Rookie
Sorry for multiple posts - I've got a Hauppauge Colossus capture card that I'll be using to record matches (as long as I remember, and I am not lazy about it.)

I'll post links here once they're uploaded.

Edit:
Here's the first vid, more tomorrow.

Last edited:

dudemofo

Smash Rookie
Sounds good!

I gotta figure out what whole friend list thing - I've just been adding people that I've recently played. I'll post my friend stuff here when I get it figured out.
Ok kool, mine should be gamequicky

Top Bottom