• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Lucas Technique-AT

theUndead_feature

Smash Cadet
I was trying new things with the Pkt2, and I discovered a "new" technique. Whether it is a new technique or an old one I've just discovered is yet to be seen but here goes.

This is how it goes.

Dash all the way to an opponent, then up b, then continue with a pkt2 either towards or away from your opponent. The initial hitboxes will knock back a character a decent distance, then if you choose to attack you can hit them rather easily. However, you can hit yourself away from your opponent and provide yourself with more spacing, allowing you to follow up with a PK Freeze, or a jump cancel upsmash.

Thoughts?

And sorry if this was already posted somewhere.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
This isn't generally what is described as an Advanced Technique. Some people may think it common knowledge, but it's cool you found this out for yourself. It probably won't work on humans, though, because they won't let you run up to them and use PK Thunder.

theUndead_feature

Smash Cadet
It does somewhere around 13-17% damage everytime you use it, it's really too sweet of a tech to pass up on. Plus if you attack, you can get your opponent up to around 42%...and ideas on follow ups to either advancing or retreating?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
PK Thunder takes too many frames to come out. Your opponent will just grab you nine times out of ten.

Levitas

the moon
The better version of this is catching a recovering opponent with a pkt1 right as it's about to hit you so it combos into the strong PKT2.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Yeah, regarding with what Levitas said, the easiest way to apply this 'tech' is to jump off while an opponent is recovering, make the thunder circle a larger circle so that you can either set yourself this way:

1) Hit your oppoent with the PKT and recover to the edge.

2) Catch your recovering opponent in your PKT2

Even those can be difficult to accomplish and won't work on all characters. It does work on Snake though.

Levitas

the moon
He's posting an idea, and we're optomizing it. We're not flaming him or anything (the closest is Tyr 03, and he's pointing out a flaw).

Do you have a problem with taking a suggestion/idea and optomizing it?

I may be misunderstanding, there are a few grammatical errors in your post.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
The term "advanced technique" is used way too loosely. It drives me crazy. If you're claiming to have a new AT it better be a real new AT or I have absolutely no problem flaming you. Call it symantics if you want but it's annoying. Especially when 90% of the time it's someone talking about something that is useless and/or has been known for a long time. But yeah no one here was even flaming. Just pointing out that the original description doesn't really work so people won't think it will when they're in real matches.

theUndead_feature

Smash Cadet
Appologies for the mislable(sp?), feel free to change it, this "strategy" as it may be is extremely effective if you can catch your opponent off guard. (Applicable with side-b, foxtrot X2, then up-b to PKT2.) Tyr, if there is indeed a problem in the future with labels(sp? **** word...) and what not, feel free to PM me. Thanks for clearing this up.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
This works once; your opponent will never fall for it again. Anyone with a decent grab can sheildgrab it at the opening frames of PKT1, as Tyr said. Still, that first time you use it is still easily about 40% if you do it right.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
i do this all the time to the sandbag in the practice stage lol.
too bad it isn't reliable enough to use in a real match.

Lizard

Smash Ace
good technique, but far too punishable.

very fun for friendlies and such, but not effective enough for tournament play.

Top Bottom