• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Green Greens glitch?

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice
A little back story;

I'm from VA, started with Melee around 2004, went to Chu's bi-weeklies and many smashfests with H2YL, took PM seriously with 2.0, and I created the Bar Wars series. I almost exclusively play PM now but when I'm sitting at a computer I'll dabble in melee to keep the rust off.

TL;DR, I'm not a scrub.

That said, I checked the stage wiki for this glitch, as well as the known ledge bugs and didn't find anything on this. Here's a quick look at it and I'll explain how to do it below.

Update: Thanks to Spak for making a video!

https://youtu.be/UswwaVQJHbg

As you can see, Falco is grabbing the block instead of the ledge, but the game registers the ledge. Weird stuff.

How to do it:

1) Set up so there's only two blocks on the bottom row, with a gap between them. If divided in to 3 columns, #1 is to the left, #2 is in the middle, and #3 is on the right. No blocks should be in slot #2, and only one bottom block should be in slot #1 and #3. This may take some time as bombs and other random blocks will show up. As Falco, I would forward-tilt and jab the ones away that I didn't need.

2) Quickly grab the ledge, drop (press back), double jump, and side-b at the height here. It's not pixel perfect, but you cannot hit any other blocks than the bottom one in slot #3. This includes any vertical stacking or falling blocks. If the wind is blowing, you will also not perform the ledge grab correctly.

3) Show off to your friends about how cool you are that you know this sweet new glitch. Be the talk of the town!

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Confirmed that it works on 1.02 vanilla. Cool stuff!

Top Bottom