• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Glitch!

GammaKnight

Smash Rookie
I don't think that all characters could do this this glitch I think it has to do with the Fox's and Falco's style of down throw

this is how I believe this works(along with a few other people who I've discussed this with)

After Falco throws Luigi down, he is forced to the ground in a stunned state briefly. Also, Luigi's hitbox comes in contact/overlaps with the stage for a certain amount of time. During this moment, Luigi cannot move until the attack is complete (hence why all of Falco's lasers connect). Over time, though, Luigi escapes this stunned state, and his hit box no longer overlaps with the stage.
Actually, with further testing, I've discovered that the Mario characters can fall into the box trick by themselves. All they have to do is fall into that exact spot without teching and they're stuck until somebody grabs them, hence why it works with the Space Animals' down throw.

Now as to why they get stuck, my theory is that the way the programmers overlooked an "opening" in the ground, and that the size of the Mario characters' hitbox/sprite when they fall down onto the floor allows for access through this opening, only that they can't get out of it because they can't fit through the opening when they're standing up since their sprite/hitbox is larger than when they're laying on the floor.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Ah, this glitch. I actually saw this happen here once, not with Luigi or Doc, but with YOSHI. It was well over a month ago so I can't remember the details, but it was my Marth (or my Samus, pretty sure it was Marth) against a level 9 Yoshi on Jungle Japes. I can't remember what led up to it and don't have the time to retry it, but I remember it because of Yoshi making his jump sound over and over without jumping, me able to dair, fair, etc.him to insane percents, and then him suddenly being released after some attack or another and dying. Anyone wanna test Yoshi to see if it wasn't just a fluke?

EDIT: Also, just saw another version of Pandora's box just now. In the "Every glitch in this game" thread in this room, the vid shows a bunch of glitches with samus's super jump with doc. One involves samus getting stuck in the ground after doing a super jump, on Venom however, and it looks about the same as Pandora's box. But Venom is tournament banned, so the potential for a tournament use is pretty low. but you could try this on other stages, I guess.

takieddine

Smash Master
ok so if the glitch can be done by counter picking jungle japes. there is no way this glitch will be legal. the only glitches that are legal are ones tht dont really effect game play that much. glitches like the samus long grappler glitch. although its all cool and **** theres alotta downsides to it too in fact more negatives then positives. this glitch will never be allowed in tournement play and will strickly be for fun or friendlies.
samus extendable (EXTENDERRRRR) graple is no glitch buddy.

also fun glitch, are all the aerials autocancelled?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
woah. does this work with fox?

i guess luigi players everywhere will be banning this stage then.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Ah, this glitch. I actually saw this happen here once, not with Luigi or Doc, but with YOSHI. It was well over a month ago so I can't remember the details, but it was my Marth (or my Samus, pretty sure it was Marth) against a level 9 Yoshi on Jungle Japes. I can't remember what led up to it and don't have the time to retry it, but I remember it because of Yoshi making his jump sound over and over without jumping, me able to dair, fair, etc.him to insane percents, and then him suddenly being released after some attack or another and dying. Anyone wanna test Yoshi to see if it wasn't just a fluke?

EDIT: Also, just saw another version of Pandora's box just now. In the "Every glitch in this game" thread in this room, the vid shows a bunch of glitches with samus's super jump with doc. One involves samus getting stuck in the ground after doing a super jump, on Venom however, and it looks about the same as Pandora's box. But Venom is tournament banned, so the potential for a tournament use is pretty low. but you could try this on other stages, I guess.
That is interesting that you did it with a yoshi. I accidently discovered the glitch about 6 months ago. Anyhow I seen it too in every glitch in the game and although it looks the same it's completely different. For one, the samus was never actually stuck. What happened is she went flying above the ledge and wavelanded. Hence sticking here to the ledge. For example if you jump and waveland on a platform do you keep moving upward? I don't think so. You can waveland without going anywhere and stay on the platform. This is the same concept as wavedashing in place.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Well, you can't officially tell because of the music playing, but the way samus didn't elevate when bombing and how samus was able to be f-smashed so many times leads me to think it really was Pandora's box. Although done a completely different way. Besides, wavelanding makes you land on the platform, and then you can jump after that. that's the concept of triangle jumping and wavedashing. With that vid, though, samus was jumping/ wavelanding, w/e, too fast for it to be a wavedash. Plus, the way she didn't move when hit by all those attacks makes it seem even more like Pandora's box.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
waht codec does this use? i downlaoded it as a .avi file but wmp wont' show the video of it =/. it'll play the sound, but no image..

Top Bottom