• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Glitch!

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Ok guys I discovered this new glitch. Me and Sheer Cold have dived deeper into it and understand it. But for now me made a simple video. You can find the link below. For now I'll call it the box glitch. The only suggested official name has been Pandora's box. Anyways If you got a better one let me know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csOBXOTqnes

Nurok

Smash Lord
wtf can we do this in a tourney stage lmao?
and does it work for every charaacter, or just luigi?

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Wait, you said Doc might be able to? As in he could get stuck in the stage by Falco, or he might be able to stick Luigi in the stage? I do hope that isn't the case, because then our favorite stage would start to work against us. (Moreso than the usual bad Klapping)

If you've only tried who Falco can get stuck so far, see if anyone else besides Falco could stick Luigi into the stage... of course there will be those who obviously don't work, like Jigglypuff, but you never know. I would lmao if Kirby could dive-bomb and stick Luigi into the stage...

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Wait, you said Doc might be able to? As in he could get stuck in the stage by Falco, or he might be able to stick Luigi in the stage? I do hope that isn't the case, because then our favorite stage would start to work against us. (Moreso than the usual bad Klapping)

If you've only tried who Falco can get stuck so far, see if anyone else besides Falco could stick Luigi into the stage... of course there will be those who obviously don't work, like Jigglypuff, but you never know. I would lmao if Kirby could dive-bomb and stick Luigi into the stage...
I love you for showing us this! Have you done it consistently or was it just that one time? I DEFINITELY gotta try this.
As far as I know it' only works with Luigi and Falco we've tried it alot of the other characters though we have heard of a similar thing happing to a Doc(him getting stuck I believe ) but we have yet to get it to work with him.

Yeah we have done this pretty consistently once we found the right spot to do it. It happened to Rey and Kami in a match the we happened to have recored to then Kami, Deveyus, and me analyzed it to see what happened and where it actually took place.

GammaKnight

Smash Rookie
This is probably one of the best SSBM glitches I've ever seen. I'm going to do some messing around with this for awhile.

As far as I know it' only works with Luigi and Falco we've tried it alot of the other characters though we have heard of a similar thing happing to a Doc(him getting stuck I believe ) but we have yet to get it to work with him..
I tested it out and you can freeze both Doc and Mario the same way. Apparently, Fox can also do the box trick in place of Falco.

Truegamer#1

Smash Ace
nice new glitch...
:bigthumbu

hey i tried it with Luigi and it worked...

i also tried wit Dr. Mario,
he also worked, but it was harder to get him in it than Luigi...

and i tried Mario too...
he worked, but the same as Dr. Mario,
very hard...

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Well thanks Truegamer and gamma knight for further exploiting this. I wasn't sure if the mario characters could get it. I tried really hard and I couldn't but this obviously has something to do
with there height. Or maybe just mushroom kingdom characters LMAO jk.

Oh yeah and another thing. You guys remember luigi's infinite stall? Luigi Ladder? You can do it sweet spotted with two luigi's. And you can get 3 luigi's stuck for mad mayhem!!! It's so much fun.

Steel Wing

Smash Rookie
Sweet! this game is full of glitches . I wonder it this would work with the Ice climbers there about the same size as the mario characters.

Truegamer#1

Smash Ace
Well thanks Truegamer and gamma knight for further exploiting this. I wasn't sure if the mario characters could get it. I tried really hard and I couldn't but this obviously has something to do
with there height. Or maybe just mushroom kingdom characters LMAO jk.

Oh yeah and another thing. You guys remember luigi's infinite stall? Luigi Ladder? You can do it sweet spotted with two luigi's. And you can get 3 luigi's stuck for mad mayhem!!! It's so much fun.
I've already tried the 3 Luigi's ...
i got bored of it...
you mind if i upload a video on youtube,
same glitch...
Doc & Mario...

and wheres the film kamikaza falco when you needed it...?
i think box glitch sounds better...
what do you call it?

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
i got bored of it...
same glitch...
Doc & Mario...

what do you call it?

no probs. As long as I get a small amount of credit it's all cool.

Nurok

Smash Lord
i dont see how this glitch is gona make a big impact on the game. first of all jungle japes isnt a legal stage. and second of all this glitch would be illegal.
Jungle Japes IS a legal stage, it has been used many times by peaches to counterpick ppl
so swirlz yo

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
i got bored of it...
same glitch...
Doc & Mario...

what do you call it?

what you mean by where was the vid when I needed it?

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
ok so if the glitch can be done by counter picking jungle japes. there is no way this glitch will be legal. the only glitches that are legal are ones tht dont really effect game play that much. glitches like the samus long grappler glitch. although its all cool and **** theres alotta downsides to it too in fact more negatives then positives. this glitch will never be allowed in tournement play and will strickly be for fun or friendlies.

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
Yea this glitch would be banned in tournaments but hey, its seems like a fun thing to do for friendlies. I'm going to try this out soon so hopefully it's not too hard to pull off.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
not really. if you have troubles watch the video closely and it will show you where you need to down throw.

Also I reckon every character can get luigi, doc, and mario stuck in the box since it's just the down throw....well except weird down throws.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
not really. if you have troubles watch the video closely and it will show you where you need to down throw.

Also I reckon every character can get luigi, doc, and mario stuck in the box since it's just the down throw....well except weird down throws.
I don't think that all characters could do this this glitch I think it has to do with the Fox's and Falco's style of down throw

this is how I believe this works(along with a few other people who I've discussed this with)

After Falco throws Luigi down, he is forced to the ground in a stunned state briefly. Also, Luigi's hitbox comes in contact/overlaps with the stage for a certain amount of time. During this moment, Luigi cannot move until the attack is complete (hence why all of Falco's lasers connect). Over time, though, Luigi escapes this stunned state, and his hit box no longer overlaps with the stage.

LYSTRAATLA

Truegamer#1

Smash Ace
Alright
Ima edit this post with an upload of a video with do, mario+luigi in the box gliotch, which I will call pandoras box.
pwnt

PANDORAS BOX GLITCH CLICK TO FIND OUT
sorry truegamer
already done it
nice video...:)
here are my links to the Glitch:

Mario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5uVCO57Lq8
this one you'll here alot of talking...
cause i forgot to shut my door...

Dr. Mario :bigthumbu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKrGeNTQVew