• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Features in Project M v3.5 and Project M Art... Thursday?!

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
In the first (and probably last) installment of Project M Art Thursday, the PMDT decided to show off a few more tricks up their sleeves. They revealed a few new costumes and recolors from Project M v3.5 that have never been seen before. The first costume they highlighted was a brand new costume for our favorite not-Dragon-type Pokémon, Charizard!

Charizard decked out in his... Charmour.

It doesn't seem to affect his ability to glide!

ZSS reskins! Wait... Is that...?

It is! It's Justin Bailey!

Ness looking all comfy in his new PJs!

Mr. Game & Watch exploring new colours of the rainbow!
We have new costumes for Charizard, Zero Suit Samus, Ness, and Mr. Game & Watch, along with all the other costumes and recolors revealed in the past months! With Project M releasing in North America tomorrow and the PAL version on the horizon, this was a welcome surprise directly before the new version of Project M! There are plenty of new subtle additions to the game that haven't been highlighted, but are extremely useful!

The new Character Select screen, featuring a more customizable Stamina Mode!

L-Cancel Percent is something I didn't know I wanted. So useful!

Ganon's new Neutral B now reflects projectiles, as made famous in all the Legend of Zelda games!

Ganon now has a hover! Eat your heart out, Mewtwo!
There are too many new additions to Project M to list in one article, so the best way to find out all the new content is to play it for yourself when it releases tomorrow, November 14th! What are you most looking forward to in the new version?

KhanYe had a tweet favorited by Omni this week, so he's basically a pretty big deal. Hit him up on Twitter @rbdayman for a good time.

Shin F.

Smash Master
New Ganon is the best! Also can't wait to use the new Pajama Ness colors.

I think I'm gonna make G&W's white color have a white outline in my own build once this comes out. I've used a color like that for a while now, and I honestly think it looks better that way.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Does L-Cancelling Percentage replace an existing stat? If not, I wonder if more stats will be added to the victory screen.

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Does anyone else think it would be cool to change Ganon's run animation to a sort of glide like Mewtwo? I mean, that makes more sense than him running...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Charizard looks like he came straight out of Hearth Stone LMAO!

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
1. Was that the Charizard i've seen in the 3.5 trailer? I thought he was covered in like some rocks or, maybe to make a reference, the Charizard from the First movie. Very nice job on texture PMDR.

2. Leaving Caps On:

PINK GAME AND WATCH!?!?!?!?!?
....990 HP!? HOLY SH*T!

Dude, 990 HP. I want to fight Giga Bowser with that much health playing Rose at Twilight. Yeah.....the ultimate PM battle....think about it....

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
1. Was that the Charizard i've seen in the 3.5 trailer? I thought he was covered in like some rocks or, maybe to make a reference, the Charizard from the First movie. Very nice job on texture PMDR.

2. Leaving Caps On:

PINK GAME AND WATCH!?!?!?!?!?
....990 HP!? HOLY SH*T!

Dude, 990 HP. I want to fight Giga Bowser with that much health playing Rose at Twilight. Yeah.....the ultimate PM battle....think about it....

I always thought of fighting him to this....
Heck I even replaced the Giga Bowser song for this one, but Rose at twilight is just as good :):p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow, I really like the idea of Ganondorf's reflect. Warlock Punch, while cool, was never really that useful.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Ooo, ZS Samus has her shorts from Fusion, the "Justin Bailey" outfit, AND her training clothes from Fusion's artwork? I like. I like a lot!

Now I just want at least one (good) costume for Diddy, and I'll be golden! This is already an amazing update so far. Looking forward to tomorrow for sure!

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
War Charizard Wow! Game & Watch ate all the skittles...

I'll never get around to playing this but the stuff you guys do is interesting and honestly becoming a nice alternative to Melee and Brawl.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Sweeeeet.

Thanks for the new avatar, Project M Team. Lizardon most certainly approves. :4charizard:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Is that the Justin Bailey with a thong? I didn't like that one. :V

But anyways MAN SO MANY COOL THINGS EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Unfortunately I'll be leaving tomorrow so I can't download it immediately but STILL

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
I'm so gonna use all of Ness's pajambecause I can't decide which one I like better.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Justin Bailey, Game of Zards, and floating Ganondorf..........dear God......the sheer joy...

ProfessorTakehiko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0240-2597
But, it's a real shame that Sakurai didn't even add Toon Link's Outset Island costume from Wind Waker. That was my favorite outfit from Toon Link. ;-;

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Actually quick question:

Does anyone know what time they're going to release the files for Project M 3.5? Midnight PST? In the morning EST? any data on that?

Top Bottom