• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Famitsu scans (23-08-07): Peach, Franklin Badge, PKMN Trainer

Pieman0920

Smash Master
New info.

-Turnips are back (Bigger?)
-Peach has a new attack where she strikes out with her crown
-Ivysaur seems to able to use his leafs like a propeller, or at least attack with them
-Charizard has a earthquake style attack.

Did I miss anything there? Suqirtle's attack is there, but it's just a enlarged smack of his hand. Also, thanks GenG

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Click it again, the first time i clicked the first image it showed that red hair girl from buffy the vampire slayer posing >_>

In my version of melee, peach doesn't take off her crown to f-air... But the move has been titled "crowning" before so.

This is how i see that big turnip.

1) All turnips are now huge, and hard to throw (she is struggling to lift it)
2) Turnips are normal sized and work like in melee, but THAT turnip in the picture is a stitchface and made harder to throw?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
1) All turnips are now huge, and hard to throw (she is struggling to lift it)
2) Turnips are normal sized and work like in melee, but THAT turnip in the picture is a stitchface and made harder to throw?
Hard to throw? Looks like a dodge animation.

Also, is it me, or is Wario Shielding?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Do I remember correctly from (Super Mario Advance??) that Peach on occasion could pull out a giant turnip from time to time? Maybe this is Sakurai's implementation of that? Otherwise, some pretty nifty new screens, thanks for the heads-up!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
There was no random property with turnips back then, if I recall, but in the Advanced games, I'm sure that there were some giant turnips in the ground. (Though they were bigger than that)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
the turnips are still the same, i mean some random turnip always pops up. it's just another turnip was added.

still, i like the famitsu screens. i want to see what they get from diddy

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Big turnip is probably just a random turnip you pull out from time to time.

Charizard did look awesome in that one still screenshot.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Hard to throw? Looks like a dodge animation.

Also, is it me, or is Wario Shielding?
Maybe, but it looks more like a pose that was in one of the dojo screenshots.. Like with his hands up and his mouth wide open, possibly a Nair or Fair attack.

Also, as awesome as it'd be, i'm thinking shielding in midair isn't gonna happen, but who knows.

EDIT: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/wario/wario_070620d.jpg This one maybe? >< It looks different now that I see it again.

EDIT 2: NVM AGAIN. I completely forgot there was a second scan. Blah. And yeah, that one's the Franklin badge.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
It's probably just a random Big turnip.

It looks like she'll be all like "Oh, this is a big one!" when she gets it out. Look at her face.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
She may have just got a giant mushroom, pulled a turnip, and waited till she returned to normal size and voila: Giant Turnip.

Though, im all for the random giant turnip idea.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
WHY are the turnips BIGGER?!?!
Because she's Peachy. :chuckle:

Do I remember correctly from (Super Mario Advance??) that Peach on occasion could pull out a giant turnip from time to time? Maybe this is Sakurai's implementation of that? Otherwise, some pretty nifty new screens, thanks for the heads-up!
Yeah, that's a possibility. I actually like that idea, because I would hate to imagine the turnips being harder to throw. :ohwell:

And yayyy for Peach's FAir! Love that move.

EDIT: Anyone else notice how Ivysaur's flower is constricted and there is a leaf floating around it? My guess is that Ivysaur has Razor Leaf for its Standard Special Move. Charizard appears to be using Earthquake, but it can't be his Down Special (Pokémon Change, remember?). Maybe he's just landing, hahah.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Errr
Look at Samus getting hit with Wario's reflected Beam...
Now, that COULD be the exact frame it hits...but does it look like she's frozen?
ICE BEAM CONFIRMED! XD

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Peach looks unchanged which is not a problem with me. that turnip does look big. I dunno if it's some special turnip though. and Peach makes that face in melee when she pulls out any turnip so I dont think it's heavy or she's amazed by how big it is. lol. Good to see Squirle and the rest of the pokemon doing an attack at least. how do they get these pics.

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
Hate to be a stick in the mud, but anyone else notice Mario in the Squrtle picture? Now is he Dodgeing or, Is he Wavedashing? It seems weird that they would put that into a screenshot, but then again, DK was confirmed in a clip.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
you guys don't play special melee a lot (or regular with items) when peach is big and she gets a turnip the turnip is big then she becomes normal again and the turnip still stays big it works also with items however it's a little strange you can get a mini-bomb

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Hate to be a stick in the mud, but anyone else notice Mario in the Squrtle picture? Now is he Dodgeing or, Is he Wavedashing? It seems weird that they would put that into a screenshot, but then again, DK was confirmed in a clip.
it's his landing animation. i would know. i main mario

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
In my version of melee, peach doesn't take off her crown to f-air... But the move has been titled "crowning" before so.
Are you serious?

Did they change that in later versions or something?

Top Bottom