• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New epic "Subspace" stage idea.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
*NOTE: Wall of text approaching!*

I've had this idea for a long time now, but with the inclusion of the Subspace Emissary, I actually think it may be possible. Someone on GameFAQs also had a very similar idea, so I think I'll give him some credit as well.

So, according to one of the most recent updates, we find out that the Subspace Army are trying to cut apart the world/universe and bring it into "Subspace". Just now, I was thinking that it would be very possible that the Subspace would be the final, climactic setting of Super Smash Bros. Brawl - the definitive fight between good and evil, as everything in the universe is at stake. This "Final Destination" of some sorts is the final battleground to where you'll fight the most epic battles. However, this would be an amalgam of all things Nintendo.

The stage itself is a flat surface, and like Final Destination, the background constantly changes, as if the stage is moving through worlds. The only differences this time around are that you're traveling through various, well-known worlds, such as Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, Pop Star, the Lylat System, etc. It would have a similar pattern, such as Pokemon Stadium. As the stage is in that particular world, you'll be coming across various obstacles, such as flying bullet/banzai bills and goombas in the Mushroom Kingdom, or raining huge chunks of rock that comes from the erupting Death Mountain. All kinds of crazy hazards would just come out of nowhere.

Another big thing in this stage (that I think should only be considered a story element) is, what the guy from GameFAQs would call it, "glitching". Maybe at some point, Subspace starts to "malfunction", like something even more disastrous has unintentionally occurred, and now that world is going to end. As it's glitching, you'll notice that the worlds you'll travel into will look like they are merging. For example, you come across speeding F-Zero racers speeding through Planet Zebes, pokemon appearing out of nowhere on Yoshi's Island, or Mushroom Kingdom and Hyrule would just merge, where you could see Hyrule with numerous elements of MK or vice-versa. It's like...one HUGE paradox? It's a little difficult to explain, but I hope the gist is clarified. All of the environments would be dark, so most of the time, you'll just be seeing the worlds engulfed in purple clouds, with signs of Subspace infestation all over the place. The closest I could point out an example of would be Sonic Next-Gen. IIRC, the "End of the World" stage had signs of Iblis taking over, as you had to go back through sections of each of the previous stages, while they're infested with fire and doom. Get what I'm saying?

So yeah, that's a Subspace stage I've had in mind, and I personally think it would be pretty **** epic if such a setting was fought on. It definitely gives you the feel that this is "do or die" as you're playing the hero fighting the supreme villain (which in this case may be the Ancient Minister). However, I'm not sure if this could be easy to program. Not sure how that works. I was going to draw some blueprints of the stage, so once I get to do that, I'll make sure to scan them. In the meantime, I'd like to hear some opinions please. Constructive criticism would also be appreciated. Thanks for your time. =D

IllidR

Smash Champion
It sounds like a great idea.. i'd play it.

But it also gave me a thought, what if there was instead of playing in front of these worlds, a stage that's a combinations of all the different worlds in one? Just a random thought.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
It sounds like a great idea.. i'd play it.

But it also gave me a thought, what if there was instead of playing in front of these worlds, a stage that's a combinations of all the different worlds in one? Just a random thought.

Yeah, that was my original plan. I was thinking of a Subspace stage that was just REEKING of Nintendo. Like, everything was just thrown in at once. But then, I was asking myself if it would just be too "busy", as if there's too much clutter on stage? So I chose to go with the "moving world-to-world, then random world mergers occur" idea. What else did you have in mind about that idea?

Russ3ll

Smash Cadet
Sounds like an awesome idea. Hmm, maybe once you near killed the final boss he turns all crazy and it brings you to some level. What level? I'm not sure yet. Maybe something classic.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that was my original plan. I was thinking of a Subspace stage that was just REEKING of Nintendo. Like, everything was just thrown in at once. But then, I was asking myself if it would just be too "busy", as if there's too much clutter on stage? So I chose to go with the "moving world-to-world, then random world mergers occur" idea. What else did you have in mind about that idea?
Here here my brother! I was thinking there could be some random Subspace warriors blitzing you the whole time too. And they could have the old Nintendo Zappers and could be using Wii-motes to emulate weapons. And when they get damaged, crack open the ol' purple lunchbox and eat up. That'd be for the Story Mode of course, it'd get a little to busy in Multi-player. But that's the perfect way to end a single player mode, melting the worlds together like in Digimon Seasons 1 &2 at the end. Wicked idea, 5 out of 5.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Here here my brother! I was thinking there could be some random Subspace warriors blitzing you the whole time too. And they could have the old Nintendo Zappers and could be using Wii-motes to emulate weapons. And when they get damaged, crack open the ol' purple lunchbox and eat up. That'd be for the Story Mode of course, it'd get a little to busy in Multi-player. But that's the perfect way to end a single player mode, melting the worlds together like in Digimon Seasons 1 &2 at the end. Wicked idea, 5 out of 5.

Thanks man. And yeah, I could see those enemies appear in what would be the last side-scrolling stage of Subspace Emissary.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
That is EPIC. Honestly, that's the best stage idea I've ever heard! It's so good, how in the world would I be able to criticize it???

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I like to bump this thread, if you don't mind. I like to get more people's opinions on this. =)

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
why couldn't you be on the development team??? lol
VERY good idea who couldn't like that idea as a final battleground?
keep up the good work my friend ^^

Top Bottom