• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New (?) discovery about bsticking

supercake

Smash Apprentice
First I apologize if this is not really new and other people know about it but I didn't see it anywhere so decided to comment.
I was fooling around with Lucas today for several hours messing around with the magnet pull and different controller setups and I kept occasionally having the obnoxious problem of doing a bsticked pkfreeze when I wanted to do a fire or magnet. What is even more annoying when this happens is that the pkfreeze cannot be held or directed downward to defend yourself with the bstick and just explodes in midarc in the air doing nothing and leaving you even more open.
I found a way to keep the pkfreeze alive off of a bstick so you can move it downward and actually have it protect you if your opponent decides to rush in. Once you do a bsticked freeze immediately press your thumb to the b button like its a normal special and you will regain control of it. Lucas will still get his backwards momentum from it. I do mistaken pkfreezes like this at least once a game so this can help a lot if you always get punished and want some real cover from it if it has to happen.

This also works with the bsticked magnet, which I think is even more interesting. Normally the bsticked magnet cannot be held and will disappear in a fraction of a second sending Lucas backwards a little like usual. But like with the freeze, if you press b or a button assigned to normal special at almost the same time, the magnet will stay with you and you will still get the momentum backwards. It was almost impossible for me to time it right and hit b along with the bstick, so I assigned special to z and it worked a lot easier. If you want to test it out I think you want to bstick and then hit your normal special a split second after.
With some practice I even managed to do a bsticked magnetpull and hold it.
I don't have any obvious applications for the magnet part. It might improve magnetpulling in some way, I don't know.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
This is already known, but not widely. Good information, and I'm sure the thread will raise awareness.

Powda

Smash Apprentice
thx for the info i didn't know that. I sometimes pull the pkfreeze but it is happening less and less everytime I play. But in the mean time Ill remember this for those mess ups.

LittLeLives

Smash Apprentice
Didn't know that, so I found it useful.
Perhaps this should go under Wavebouncing/Magnet Pulling as a note?

Top Bottom