• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Someone liked your comment, was it a joke? If it was, it went over my head. :(
If nay,
It was a joke.
But in all seriousness, Wispy Woods is already a hazard :denzel:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
Rick.jpg

people overlooking the obvious choice, this guy-

Wait, Rick isn't a sticker or trophy in brawl?

what fresh hell is this?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
There are no new characters being added to Project M in 3.6. The "New Characters" info at the end of the trailer was referring to changes made from Brawl. e.g., "New Characters" that were not in Brawl are Mewtwo and Roy.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
There are no new characters being added to Project M in 3.6. The "New Characters" info at the end of the trailer was referring to changes made from Brawl. e.g., "New Characters" that were not in Brawl are Mewtwo and Roy.
I'm personally glad about that. I feel like you guys get a lot of pressure to add new characters, and what you've done already is more than awesome enough.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
I'm personally glad about that. I feel like you guys get a lot of pressure to add new characters, and what you've done already is more than awesome enough.
^ This, and if you guys add new characters then add them when you feel they're truly ready. Rushing them will just make them come out ugly and unpolished.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
i will reserve my judgement until release. there's some things I'm holding out for.

like the new announcer.

this.
10349965_955453461139856_6062400012957242782_n.jpg

yes I'm aware that could be anything.

it's conspiracy theory as hell, but it's not over 'till it's over.

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
i will reserve my judgement until release. there's some things I'm holding out for.

like the new announcer.

this.
View attachment 44933
yes I'm aware that could be anything.

it's conspiracy theory as hell, but it's not over 'till it's over.
im with you, lets go with a conspiracy theory:

new has 3 letters, which is how many days apart from the trailer and april fools have, and its also how many sides a triangle has, also how many triangle the triforce has, and link was shown having the 47 in his % in the trailer, 47+3= 50, 50 plus april 1 is 51 the number of event matches in melee, which hints that 47 is associated with event matches which can only mean one thing: the legend of zelda confirmed Illuminati, and also Skull Kid :troll:

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
im with you, lets go with a conspiracy theory:

new has 3 letters, which is how many days apart from the trailer and april fools have, and its also how many sides a triangle has, also how many triangle the triforce has, and link was shown having the 47 in his % in the trailer, 47+3= 50, 50 plus april 1 is 51 the number of event matches in melee, which hints that 47 is associated with event matches which can only mean one thing: the legend of zelda confirmed Illuminati, and also Skull Kid :troll:
^ this lmao X'D

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Hey, any of you guys that are supporters for Saki in PM, here's your chance to have him in SSB4! Vote for him in the fighter ballot now! :D

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
The most hype i have for a character would be Sami (advance wars) i only ever played the game once wheni was a kid but she seems like she'd have an awesome moveset

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Hey, any of you guys that are supporters for Saki in PM, here's your chance to have him in SSB4! Vote for him in the fighter ballot now! :D
As much as I'd like that, I'm putting my vote to Wonder-Red for two reasons:
  1. Gameplay-wise, he's much more unique and hype-worthy
  2. We'd still have a chance to see Saki in PM

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
As much as I'd like that, I'm putting my vote to Wonder-Red for two reasons:
  1. Gameplay-wise, he's much more unique and hype-worthy
  2. We'd still have a chance to see Saki in PM
Iv'e always gotten a "Smash" vibe from the way he looks and fights
vs Wonder Red

I've never gotten a smash vibe from him. I don't know, maybe its just me
And I would love it if Saki was in either or, PM or SSB4. But if he's not in either, I'm not gonna lie I'd be pretty mad.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Iv'e always gotten a "Smash" vibe from the way he looks and fights
vs Wonder Red

I've never gotten a smash vibe from him. I don't know, maybe its just me
And I would love it if Saki was in either or, PM or SSB4. But if he's not in either, I'm not gonna lie I'd be pretty mad.
I've thought of many movesets for Wonder-Red. The Unite Attacks give him SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!!

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
that feel when i want to vote for Sami in sm4sh but i know that it's a far, FAR off chance and she'd probably be better in Project M anyway

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I'm curious on the reasons why people prefer to put Sami over Andy. Please explain.
She has that military feel/look that could translate easily into a snake clone, she's typically more popular than Andy, and also she's a female.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
She's more popular for all those reason and she has a more likable personality in general. But yeah, Sami wouldn't have much of a chance in S4, most likely not Andy either.

I personally spent my vote on a character who has no chance in PM. For those interested she likes to belly dance and can transform via genie magic :D

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
Shantae! Oh i wish i had voted for her now... i voted for snake.
Real quick my other choices were:
Inking from Splatoon
Flint from Mother 3 (duh haha)
Hunter from Monster Hunter

I'm really glad Lucas came back.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
i voted Tharja.

the prospect of her stalking robin all the way into smash is too fuuny for me to pass up.

i also think that this fighter ballot thing will actually have little sway on who gets released anyway so i didn't put much thought into it.

I'll eat my hat if wolf isn't released later for example.

I'm curious on the reasons why people prefer to put Sami over Andy. Please explain.
as far as advance wars goes, it can be argued that with the main faction Orange Star, Andy, Sami and Max are all pretty much equals in terms of character importance. Sami just happens to be the most popular of the 3, and it helps that her depictions in official artwork and in game bios show she seems to be more "hands on" than the other guys, and it's not hard to see a clone of snake made out of her.

Last edited:

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
i voted Tharja.
Wasn't Thraja removed as a trophy because her inclusion would have changed the rating of Smash 4 to "M" or was that a rumour? I remember grinding for trophies on the 3ds version just for that one trophy (since I'm a Fire Emblem fanboy) and I was bummed out that it was removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom