• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I HOPE THAT THROUGH THIS THREAD THE PMBR ACCEPT OUR TRUE SMASH SAVIOUR THE CONDOR
That's why I'm happy when they post. It means there's a chance more people will join the cause.
#CondorNation

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
@ arcticfox8 arcticfox8 speaks the truth.

Way better choice than that silly ol' Ridley, I mean honestly who wants to play as a dumb anorexic purple pteradactyl dragon when we can play a condor with the sexiest goddamn shade of orange our sweet Jesus bestowed upon this magnificent Earth?

Let His gift upon us mortals not be in vain, Backroom.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Sadly, I actually want James McCloud for the Clone Engine. Fox with Falco's Dair, Falco's FSmash, Falco's grounded shine but vFox's aerial Shine properties, hitstun lasers that fire as fast as Fox's and maybe the Knee of Justice because at this point, f*** it.

If you wanna break something, don't half-ass it. GO ALL THE WAY YO.

Also jump cancelled James Phangasm Phantasm. Because everything must be jump-cancellable. Everything.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Sadly, I actually want James McCloud for the Clone Engine. Fox with Falco's Dair, Falco's FSmash, Falco's grounded shine but vFox's aerial Shine properties, hitstun lasers that fire as fast as Fox's and maybe the Knee of Justice because at this point, f*** it.

If you wanna break something, don't half-*** it. GO ALL THE WAY YO.

Also jump cancelled James Phangasm Phantasm. Because everything must be jump-cancellable. Everything.
You, you want to ruin this game??

I approve.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

If you wanna break something, don't half-*** it. GO ALL THE WAY YO.

Fine.

But I want Eliwood then.

Roy's Power + Tipper addition except across the whole blade
Roy's Dtilt
Marth's Fair
Marth's Dair properties but with Roy's Dair power
Marth's Bair but with Roy's Bair power
Flare Blade that also shield breaks
Side B has an infinite stab combo if holding b for "> > > V"
Up B speed of Marth with more controllable direction like roy.
Marth's speed
Marth's falling speed + weight

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I love how Generations doesn't care about canon at all and just focuses on fun platforming.
No no no. A character with that godly moveset cannot be anyone but Sigurd.
You have now become my favorite person on the PM boards.
BY FAR
But TBH, a "boss" character either for the clone engine, or via giga bowser style, sounds really hilarious and I approve.

Last edited:

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I'm honestly kind of shocked that you guys discussed the "sequel" to Sonic '06 for that long without realizing that P4R is a fake news site, much like the Onion. It's not real. And thank goodness for that.

More on topic, though, looking at the character list posted a few pages back, while I'd love to see someone attempt to develop a half-decent Eggman moveset, I'd really like to see a legitimate attempt at Sukapon. I feel like he'd be weird enough to stand out from the others while still having some decent moveset potential to build off of.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'm honestly kind of shocked that you guys discussed the "sequel" to Sonic '06 for that long without realizing that P4R is a fake news site, much like the Onion. It's not real. And thank goodness for that.
I'm sure everyone knew but somehow it became a real discussion.

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
I'm well aware that's a satire/parody site. If you'll notice, people were discussing the potential for a sequel before any such article was posted. If that was real, or if I was even talking about that, then yes, I'd have a problem with said sequel. What I do have a problem with is the idea that anything to do with Sonic '06 is doomed for failure.

Personally, I feel that people blow the flaws of that game out of proportion just because people love to hate it. It's not a great game, but it's hardly the worst game in the world. I know I'm not going to convince anybody (and I'm not trying to), but seeing the game bashed is, for me, like one of those tired old memes that I wish would go away.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I'm well aware that's a satire/parody site. If you'll notice, people were discussing the potential for a sequel before any such article was posted. If that was real, or if I was even talking about that, then yes, I'd have a problem with said sequel. What I do have a problem with is the idea that anything to do with Sonic '06 is doomed for failure.

Personally, I feel that people blow the flaws of that game out of proportion just because people love to hate it. It's not a great game, but it's hardly the worst game in the world. I know I'm not going to convince anybody (and I'm not trying to), but seeing the game bashed is, for me, like one of those tired old memes that I wish would go away.
Pretty much this. I, for one, didn't really hate the game. The only things I didn't really like were Shadow's vehicles, Sonic's Mach Speed sections, and Elise's involvement with the story. It also doesn't help that Game Grumps made that game look more unplayable than it really was.

GenericName

Smash Apprentice
+1 To that there Hyrule King.
+1 To Boney

Cause P:M needs moar Mother and a four legged fighter that's a dog and not a pokemon.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Pretty much this. I, for one, didn't really hate the game. The only things I didn't really like were Shadow's vehicles, Sonic's Mach Speed sections, and Elise's involvement with the story. It also doesn't help that Game Grumps made that game look more unplayable than it really was.
Elise is just like.... A complete drag to the entire series.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Elise is just like.... A complete drag to the entire series.
I wouldn't say she was a drag to the entire series since she is very forgettable. She was just another terrible character.

Also some Ray goodies for everyone~

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Are you doing the whole/a lot of the moveset in that format?
I plan to do the whole thing out this way to, at least, get all of the attacks out of the way. If people prefer my sketches, I will convert each move into sketch form.

Fortress

Smash Master
Personally, I think neutral B should be the Normal Gun (assuming we're not going with Gattling). Wouldn't neutral A be better suited for something like the Knuckle Gun? I mean, the way that gun lifts you IN Custom Robo would help to make Ray's tilts make the most sense.

Proposed Moves:

Jab: Knuckle Gun, three hits, final hit has an up-and-away trajectory.
Up-Tilt: Launches opponent up and behind, so as to put the opponent above Ray.
Forward-Tilt: Pushes opponent slightly up and away, similar to Jab, but on a lower trajectory.
Down-Tilt: A kick (probably with a little rocket boost visual effect?) that lifts the opponent up and in front of Ray

Forward Smash: The Shotgun from Custom Robo, high damage, trajectory similar to Mario's.
Up Smash: Wall Pod-like explosion above Ray. Trajectory would be up and away.
Down Smash: A pod explosion that Ray quickly fires into the ground. Low trajectory and away.

Neutral Special: Normal or Gattling Gun: If you want the Normal Gun, you could tap B for a quick three-round burst with minimal damage and knockback, maybe get an aerial angle like Sheik with her needles, albeit with less range. OR, you could consider the Gattling Gun, and it would function similarly to Fox's.

Up-Special: The Umbrella Pod. Ray would float upwards with the pod exploding above him at the peak of the jump. Could function similarly to Snake's Cypher in that Ray would be protected throughout the recovery, and similarly to Sonic's in which Ray could attack out of it.

Side Special: Dolphin Pod (?). Would run a very short distance ahead of Ray and explode, dealing more damage with a direct hit on an opponent. High ending lag and some startup, so as to prevent Dolphin spamming.

Down Special: Acrobat Bomb: Would propel Ray a great height, similarly to Bowser's down-special. Deals little to no damage, but has a meteor-like trajectory in the air with a small hitbox.

And I can't be bothered to think of aerials at the moment.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Personally, I think neutral B should be the Normal Gun (assuming we're not going with Gattling). Wouldn't neutral A be better suited for something like the Knuckle Gun? I mean, the way that gun lifts you IN Custom Robo would help to make Ray's tilts make the most sense.
Just because a normal character format lists A as a punch doesn't mean that every character has to follow suit. People want a character that feels unique and different to play as. Since Custom Robo is a run and gun fighter, with hardly even more than 3 physical attacks mind you, it should be reflected in his moveset. I have the Knuckle Gun set for a tilt attack, high-speed tackle for his running attack, and a sword slash for his B-Air. The rest of his moves are some form of gun, bomb/missile, or pod attack.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Just because a normal character format lists A as a punch doesn't mean that every character has to follow suit. Since Custom Robo is a run and gun fighter, with hardly even more than 3 physical attacks mind you, it should be reflected in his moveset. I have the Knuckle Gun set for a tilt attack, high-speed tackle for his running attack, and a sword slash for his B-Air.
Not necessarily, but the Knuckle Gun is perfectly suited for a jab, where the Normal Gun/Gattling Gun are well-suited as a neutral special attack. What would Kirby have should he absorb Ray? Neutral B would simply be better suited as a projectile. I know my Custom Robo, having been an avid player years back. The Dash Attack is good as Ray's Charge Attack in the game, but I just think you're going the wrong way with the Jab and such.

Also. Swift > Ray.

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Not necessarily, but the Knuckle Gun is perfectly suited for a jab, where the Normal Gun/Gattling Gun are well-suited as a neutral special attack. What would Kirby have should he absorb Ray? Neutral B would simply be better suited as a projectile. I know my Custom Robo, having been an avid player years back. The Dash Attack is good as Ray's Charge Attack in the game, but I just think you're going the wrong way with the Jab and such.

Also. Swift > Ray.
So, I like this idea.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I prefer the idea of Ray being very projectile-heavy with very few physical attacks, like Solbliminal envisioned him. He'd essentially be like the Mega Man of Project M.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
When I saw chibi-robo all I could think about was the onslaught of "HE'S TOO SMALL" arguments coming out of the woodwork. Well, that and creepy frog girl.
+1 Happy point for chibi-robo
SPACE HUNTER DRAAAAKE REDCREST!!! *explosions*

GenericName

Smash Apprentice
...You know.

What about the Hands?
MINIATURE MASTER AND CRAZY HAND AS ICE CLIMBER CLONES.

How cool would that be?!

arcticfox8

Smash Champion

Do you see these *******? Thinkin' they can just grab onto the Condor like he's some lil ***** like them. Ima tell you right now the Condor ain't no *****. The Condor's a real n*****. You can bet yo sweet ass he ain't takin that ****. He gon get some revenge. Put those little ***** asses in their rightful place.
And that's why the Condor is gonna be in PM. Right there. #CondorNation

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior

Do you see these *****es? Thinkin' they can just grab onto the Condor like he's some lil ***** like them. Ima tell you right now the Condor ain't no *****. The Condor's a real n*****. You can bet yo sweet *** he ain't takin that ****. He gon get some revenge. Put those little ***** ***** in their rightful place.
And that's why the Condor is gonna be in PM. Right there. #CondorNation
He seems too frail and weak as of now to be a full-fledged fighter, so he's gonna go on a training program, only to return in 4 months as Ridley, my good sir. Aren't you excited?

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
He seems too frail and weak as of now to be a full-fledged fighter, so he's gonna go on a training program, only to return in 4 months as Ridley, my good sir. Aren't you excited?
Only if he keeps that sexy color scheme. Otherwise the Condor is real enough as he is. He could body Ridley without leaving the ground. ATTENTION THREAD: Ridley is NOT the real *****, CONDOR is the real *****. If Ridley wants to join forms with the Condor that is fine, if anyone is worthy of the Condor's badassery it's probs his cousin Ridley. But there's no way Ridley could ever live up to the Condor's orange and white swagger. So I suggest Ridley get that orange and white swag to channel the Condor's pure awesomeness. Condor don't give a **** tho. As long as the Condor is still instilling fear in the little ***** asses Nana and Popo he don't care who delivers the package. #CondorNation

Spire

III
BRoomer
Post #10,000!

Let's take this moment to honor the great discussions we've had thus far.

Here's to another 10k and hoping the PMBR is inspired by even a single idea somewhere in this thread.

Also...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom