• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Skull Kid: Meh. I never played his game and I don't know what he'd bring to the table. Personally I'd prefer Pichu or Dark Samus, but if Isaac's on the roster I hardly care who else makes it.
Woah WOAH WOAH WOAH.

Why have you not played the best game to exist ever?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
As long as Lyn turns out cool and lightning-fast, I wouldn't give a flying poo even if she's cloned off Bowser.

MLGF

Smash Lord
NONSENSE
The new Zelda is never the best, in fact it's likely the worst.

#ZeldaCycle.

NWRL

Smash Ace
The newest Zelda isn't out yet. For all we know, it could be the worst thing to happen since the CD-I games. Majora's Mask is still the king. Long Live The King!
Y'all nerds need to find jesus (yuga)

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I know i'm late but:
After seeing that Sami Model, it got me pretty interested about her inclusion, and while i know almost nothing about Advance Wars, i think she is a better choice than Andy.
So i give Sami a half-vote +1

Also about Knuckles:

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Meh. Little too much Ghirahim in Yuga's characterization for my taste. I'm indifferent to Vaati.
Vaati just needs to be used more. He's been in three games, and was only really a character in one of them. I'd love to see him return in a console game at some point.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Nope :( Neither did Impa or Captain Syrup, who were also brought up earlier.

A lot of people who voted for Skull Kid (myself included) did so because Vaati wasn't possible, iirc.
Impa wasn't even a sticker? Weird.

I might've voted for Skull Kid anyway, but Vaati would probably be a better choice. :p

Spire

III
BRoomer
Weighing in on the supposed leak...

Sami
Lyn
Knuckles
Isaac
Skull Kid

Yeah?

I support Advance Wars, Golden Sun, and The Legend of Skull Kid. Knuckles is fine, I don't care—he's my favorite Sonic character so woo! Lyn, despite being another Fire Emblem character, is female and support from you fools has convinced me of her worth. If Skull Kid weren't in this batch, I wouldn't be as fond for this. If this leak is real, then the likes of me got lucky. Skull Kid validates everything and the other four could honestly be a ton of fun. No complaints! Not even about RIdley!

Also, the Sami model is brilliant.

splat

Smash Lord
I remember there was this rumor months ago that supposedly mentioned all the characters that would be added using the clone engine. I just, for the life of me, cannot recall what characters were on that list - nor can I find it at this moment.
Does anyone remember that list? Do the characters match up with the last bunch?

MVP

Smash Ace
i wanna see more rep from games that don't have a bunch of characters in PM already (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Star Fox)

i think i'd be best to broaden the roster and look further out. Issac is cool, King K rool would be awesome, ridley would be great cause metroid only has 2 reps right now (technically 2 version of one), and if you want female rep then lets go dixxie kong.

imo i think we're hindering the full potential of these slots by adding characters from games that have plenty of rep.

EDIT: K. Rool and Ridley already alt. costumes too

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
> Wishes the PMBR would confirm or deny instead of laughing at us. It's not like that has to disconfirm the character choices.

Yknow though, the more I think about it, the more I think Knuckles is a good and interesting choice, especially compared to literally any other Sonic character.

Still though, that ****ing Skull Kid hype.

NWRL

Smash Ace
Knuckles would be fantastic, I don't know why people are upset that he's possibly getting in. He's the OG rival.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Its true. If we take a trip back to Sonic 3 and the glory days of Sonic, Sonic vs. Knuckles is where it's at.

Sounds good to me.

splat

Smash Lord
I remember there was this rumor months ago that supposedly mentioned all the characters that would be added using the clone engine. I just, for the life of me, cannot recall what characters were on that list - nor can I find it at this moment.
Does anyone remember that list? Do the characters match up with the last bunch?
I found it, it was actually posted in this thread:

I once came across a 4chan post from a person claiming they were PMBR and were pissed off about something, so they spilled some spoilers. Said sometime after EVO2013, there would be a pretty big announcement. He claimed the clone engine was practically completed and Roy and Mewtwo were already being developed. Others he confirmed are Lyn, along with some cool details about her moveset. Fire arrow for B, DownB counter, she's really nimble and has an OHC system like Lucario. He also said they were using a female character's voices from Dynasty Warriors for Lyn's voice effects. (Actually, this would make a lot of sense considering it was now also recently made possible to hack custom sounds without Riivolution.)

The leak also claimed Isaac from Golden Sun would be added, and then said that those were the only 4 characters that were for sure in. Other characters that were apparently on the table were Trixie Kong (this character should've been Smash a long time ago. Please, ranged hair grab?), Waluigi, Sammie from Advance Wars (who the ****?) and uhhh there was one more. Oh, Knuckles, and said a few things about ideas being tossed around for his moveset. Glide, dig, wall climbing (I hate him already.)

This may not be true anyways. Though, when I inquired about this rumor to a BR member I know, he said "I wouldn't pay attention to rumors." Which I normally don't anyways but this one felt realistic. But then Roy was just spoiled, so I imagine he was just shaking me off, no hard feelings.

WHO KNOWS. I've been sitting on this for months now, it sounds more credible to me as time goes on but I'm not wasting my time investigating it. Take what you will from it.
I find it fairly interesting that Lyn and Isaac were mentioned, as well as Sami and Knuckles.

On the flip side, it could also be that we're seeing a recycled rumor for the sake of appearing legit.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yknow though, the more I think about it, the more I think Knuckles is a good and interesting choice, especially compared to literally any other Sonic character.
While I'm perfectly fine with the possibility of Knuckles, I'd definitely prefer Blaze over him and absolutely any of the other characters.

Anywho, yeah. I don't know why the PMBR is pulling a Sakurai on everyone right now when it comes to this leak. ¦D

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I found it, it was actually posted in this thread:

I find it fairly interesting that Lyn and Isaac were mentioned, as well as Sami and Knuckles.

On the flip side, it could also be that we're seeing a recycled rumor for the sake of appearing legit.
This might also mean they've been changing their minds, so even if the leak is real, it might not be the final product.

shanus

Smash Hero
HEY GUYS IM READING THIS THREAD EVERYONE FREAK OUT

ps 4.0 secretly adds in every pokemon other than pichu

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Tails seems to me an obvious second choice from the Sonic series. Give him a hover, similar to Mewtwo. WHIP DAT TAIL. He'd be like a Diddy Kong with hover lol. Sounds broke.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
i wanna see more rep from games that don't have a bunch of characters in PM already (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Star Fox)

i think i'd be best to broaden the roster and look further out. Issac is cool, King K rool would be awesome, ridley would be great cause metroid only has 2 reps right now (technically 2 version of one), and if you want female rep then lets go dixxie kong.

imo i think we're hindering the full potential of these slots by adding characters from games that have plenty of rep.

EDIT: K. Rool and Ridley already alt. costumes too
Personally, I'd rather see franchises that don't have any representation get some love! I will profess to a considerable bias in this matter, of course.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Tails seems to me an obvious second choice from the Sonic series. Give him a hover, similar to Mewtwo. WHIP DAT TAIL. He'd be like a Diddy Kong with hover lol. Sounds broke.
I agree. Tails is like Sonic's Luigi, while Knuckles is more like Sonic's Wario. Aside from that, he'd have a great moveset.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
HEY GUYS IM READING THIS THREAD EVERYONE FREAK OUT

ps 4.0 secretly adds in every pokemon other than pichu
Still no disconfirmation! Why you...trolly...swine? Meh.

SOMETHING!

Still though. :troll: levels are at maximum and my understanding is at minimum!

:troll: :troll: :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom