• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
It's a shame we can't have both Ridley and DS, that would be like, a dream come true or something.

And despite Isaac's immense popularity, I still don't know if I'm interested in his potential, even with the truckloads of suggestions on this thread. Maybe that comes from me never having played Golden Sun, but then again, I also haven't played FE and Majora's Mask and I still support Lyn and SK.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I have never played either of those games before,but I just like all the sword users and the FE characters are great so even though I never played those I know the PMBR will make them great and I support them.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
It's a shame we can't have both Ridley and DS, that would be like, a dream come true or something.

And despite Isaac's immense popularity, I still don't know if I'm interested in his potential, even with the truckloads of suggestions on this thread. Maybe that comes from me never having played Golden Sun, but then again, I also haven't played FE and Majora's Mask and I still support Lyn and SK.
It would be a dream come true for a Metroid fan sure, but honestly I would much rather see characters from a series yet to have a character in Smash. Ridley or Dark Samus ...but not both...

As for Issac...I see him in the same light as the Fire Emblem character in Smash. I've never played a FE game in my life and probably never will, but Roy is among my most favored Smash characters in the series. I can see Issac being one of those characters that I would only like in the context of Smash if he were playable. Otherwise, I have no personal attachments to those series.

shirokarasu

Smash Rookie
I think it would be nice to add fawful or cackletta from mario & luigi superstar saga.

Cackletta has many moves that could be used : lightning bolts , lightning balls , flames, she makes holes on the ground, summon bats.

She could be a zelda clone ;
Neutral B : could be done with bats or flames circling her ( no reflect but maybe block projectiles)
Side B : could be lightning balls or bats.
Down B : should could make a void circle on the ground and burrow opponents ( like DK's side B but only grounded)
Up B : either teleport like zelda/shiek or transform into a bat and fly (could work like lucario's up B)
She could also attack with her claws for some moves

If she isnt added , it would be cool to have a bowletta alternate costume

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I think it would be nice to add fawful or cackletta from mario & luigi superstar saga.

Cackletta has many moves that could be used : lightning bolts , lightning balls , flames, she makes holes on the ground, summon bats.

She could be a zelda clone ;
Neutral B : could be done with bats or flames circling her ( no reflect but maybe block projectiles)
Side B : could be lightning balls or bats.
Down B : should could make a void circle on the ground and burrow opponents ( like DK's side B but only grounded)
Up B : either teleport like zelda/shiek or transform into a bat and fly (could work like lucario's up B)
She could also attack with her claws for some moves

If she isnt added , it would be cool to have a bowletta alternate costume
Just checked: Cackletta's eligible but not Fawful. And now that you mention it, Bowletta as an alt costume for Bowser can work--it'd be like how Peach's alt costume is just her possessed.

Honestly though, that's the only way I'd like Cackletta to be added--as a Bowletta costume. For another Mario rep I'd prefer Toad or Waluigi.

shirokarasu

Smash Rookie
Honestly though, that's the only way I'd like Cackletta to be added--as a Bowletta costume. For another Mario rep I'd prefer Toad or Waluigi.
I didnt even think of her has a mario rep xD. But I think she'd be cool because shes really unique and i think project M should have another mage/wizard character like zelda.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Just checked: Cackletta's eligible but not Fawful. And now that you mention it, Bowletta as an alt costume for Bowser can work--it'd be like how Peach's alt costume is just her possessed.

Pretty much this. But another point is that if any RPG out of the Mario franchise needs a character, it is Geno or Paper Mario. And since Geno is not eligible.... well the rest is pretty much self explainatory.

I didnt even think of her has a mario rep xD. But I think she'd be cool because shes really unique and i think project M should have another mage/wizard character like zelda.
Lip the Flower Fairy, Ashley, Toon Zelda, and Michiah..... Santa Claus.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yeah i know there would be other choices , but i posted one that i find interesting
I was giving you more reliable options. The chances are that any random Mario character has little to no chance unless it is Waluigi, Toad, Bowser Jr., or Paper Mario.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
did some one say cackletta is eligible? time to start the hype train
For someone who talks about Pichu as being a must have character among all else, you don't look into your options very often. I think it is about time you looked up the sticker, trophy, assist, and cameo lists to check your options. There is a lot.

For instance. Sakurai's Cat is eligible.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
For someone who talks about Pichu as being a must have character among all else, you don't look into your options very often. I think it is about time you looked up the sticker, trophy, assist, and cameo lists to check your options. There is a lot.

For instance. Sakurai's Cat is eligible.
ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN! SAKURAI`S WOOD FLOOR FOR PROJECT: M!

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
I would absolutely love to see Ashley, actually. Haven't mentioned it since I figured there's pretty much no chance of it happening.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN! SAKURAI`S WOOD FLOOR FOR PROJECT: M!
AWWWW **** SON!!! THAT WOOD FLOOR RECONFIRMS TRIPPING!!! TRIPPING FOR P:M!!

I would absolutely love to see Ashley, actually. Haven't mentioned it since I figured there's pretty much no chance of it happening.
I actually would love Ashley myself, but you shouldn't give up on a character you support just because there doesn't seem to be any. I for one think she would be amazing and would support that girl in a heartbeat. I already gave her my half vote. If you discuss her and provide ideas, it may just convince others why she is worth it.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I still think Master Hand in some form would be a fantastic choice, as Project M does serve as a love letter to Smash. :/
I'm not suggesting they exhaust time trying to balance an gigantic, hovering, manical hand into the roster, but I believe if you were to make him into something of an duo mech' (including crazy hand), it could be an intriguing idea. I suppose if this is to even be thought over I should bring up some moveset ideas, BUT I cant think of any specifics at the moment.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I still think Master Hand in some form would be a fantastic choice, as Project M does serve as a love letter to Smash. :/
I'm not suggesting they exhaust time trying to balance an gigantic, hovering, manical hand into the roster, but I believe if you were to make him into something of an duo mech' (including crazy hand), it could be an intriguing idea. I suppose if this is to even be thought over I should bring up some moveset ideas, BUT I cant think of any specifics at the moment.
I think they should add him in through the old Melee player-3 master hand glitch.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, that DS moveset has actually got me rooting for her as well. Now no matter which Metroid character we get, I'll be satisfied!

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
where did the old project M color go :(
They removed it as the default, unchangeable theme because people were whining about it. You can still have it set to your global theme on all forums, though.

Edit: Sorry for the late reply.
Editoo: Sorry if that wasn't what you were talkin' bout.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
It was actually cool to have a unique theme for the PM forums and a separate one in general. It really felt like I was going beyond to a completely different place.

I guess I'll just use the PM theme globally then...

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
They removed it as the default, unchangeable theme because people were whining about it. You can still have it set to your global theme on all forums, though.

Edit: Sorry for the late reply.
Editoo: Sorry if that wasn't what you were talkin' bout.
not that is what I was talking about. . . i really thought it was a nice touch :(

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Hey Tomato aka @ Anti Guy Anti Guy , I've used 4 1/2 votes may I use another?

I give a 1/2 to captain syrup.

If I can use more I'd give another 1/2 vote to Skull kid, Ray and Vatti.

Also Take away all my down votes.

I down voted Lip, Toon zelda, Dark samus, Sonic characters, Dark samus could happen if ridley was confirmed. Plus there's no need to downvote characters anyway. Sanic is kool.

Except for tingle, i'm still downvoting that weirdo in case he gets popular.

Also.... where's Hero? I want dat scarf so badly.... but I guess it was just not meant to be. :p

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Unlimited 1/2 votes FTW.
That sig is one of the greatest GIFs I've ever seen.
It even rivals Sad Tmac.
No one can beat sad T-mac........................ I don't even know you anymore
:troll:

Does this bring the HYPE back up for lyn? Cause I sure hope it does, she can be a flashy character mmm hmm.

Also thanks, I've been told that twice today, i'm gonna keep it for a while.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Hey Tomato aka @ Anti Guy Anti Guy , I've used 4 1/2 votes may I use another?

I give a 1/2 to captain syrup.

If I can use more I'd give another 1/2 vote to Skull kid, Ray and Vatti.

Also Take away all my down votes.

I down voted Lip, Toon zelda, Dark samus, Sonic characters, Dark samus could happen if ridley was confirmed. Plus there's no need to downvote characters anyway. Sanic is kool.

Except for tingle, i'm still downvoting that weirdo in case he gets popular.

Also.... where's Hero? I want dat scarf so badly.... but I guess it was just not meant to be. :p
Syrup and Vaati aren't eligible, we were mourning that a while ago. Not even Impa...

*shakes fist at sky* SAKURAI!!!

Stratosphere105

Smash Rookie
+1 Vote:
Pichu
Ganon/Black Shadow
Isaac
Ridley
Andy

+1/2 Vote:
Skull Kid
Hector
Bowser Jr
Tom Nook

-1 Vote:
Pokemon Trainer
Sukapon

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
No Wario Land but he approved tripping.
Fixed. But that's worse since he didn't personally work on it and thus couldn't have actually been crazy about its inclusion, he had the power to veto it but decided, "Eh, fine, what's so bad about random interruptions to your approach 10% of the time?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom