• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
The problem with this is we already have Zelda as a character, and an official character with Magic+Swords would be more likely to be chosen. Also, this hypothetical Zelda heroine doesn't exist in Brawl as a sticker or trophy, so I believe she's disqualified to begin with.
The point of the rule that the character already exist in Brawl is to avoid increasing the chance of a Cease and Desist - adding a hypothetical character wouldn't do that. Obviously if she was based on Clockwork Empire specifically Aaron Diaz should be asked for permission first.

And yes, Isaac is a better choice for a Magic+Swords character. This Zelda character would make a good second one, I think. Also, she might be easier to animate, or possibly have a better moveset (again, if someone comes up with one that fits).

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I think it's similar to character's portraits, also note that the Castlevania Stage has a the Vampire Killer Whip as the series icon in the stage selection screen, so franchises icons won't be a problem.
Though, that's because it uses an icon from an unused stage (Hanenbow, I think)

Regardless, it's still probably possible to make another character series icon.

Mauler67

Smash Rookie
+1 Votes
Ephraim (Fire emblem sacred stone) - ill be truthful here i would love to see this guy in P:M not just because he is my favorite character of the series but for the diversity he offers for the FE series in a smash game, for modeling ike would be the best since he uses a spear/lance which has a whole other play style then the normal counter attacking sword users of other fire emblem characters in P:M

Raiden (MGS: Series) - would have a huge play style change from any character available in P:M offering a mix play style of a ninja like character( Sheik) with sword play(but not the same) as marth, ike, roy. and finally another reason why this character should also be in is the fact that snake is alone when it comes to characters in smash games in general he needs a buddy com' mon, you could use the animations of gray fox assist trophy since all raidan really is, is a new gray fox ( from the series) also since raidan had his own game/ also was in playstation all star he is the pick over gray fox

Dark Samus ( Metroid Prime) - ok fair enough look to intro enough said ....( ps. a dark zero suit Samus costume or skin would be beast just saying wink wink ;) )

Kafei (LoZ: Majora's Mask) - me and my friend was talking about this character and thru some talking i agree with him on most, first he would be a good character in P:M due to his massive clone ability with young link while having Shieks attacks( some ways ). he is also better then sckull kid ( no hate intended lol) because 1, his cloning 2, the items he uses have more similarity to link with the abilities he could use change with mask( to a extent) ( also check previous ppls ideas on this forum for more feels for it )

Shadow ( Sonic series)- to be truthful of all the sonic characters he is maybe the most cliche but he is how ever the best one to use of the group for both clone ability and the ability to come up with some nice and unique, for ppl who want him as a almost 100% clone ( take from sonic ) or change him up by taking ideas from other characters such as meta knight/ fox or even Mewtwo ( via chaos ability's and such) his way of playing he maybe a wolf version for sonic, ( also he is really popular so i guess that works too)

-1 votes ( he he he )

RIDELY ( MP) - seriously tooooo big also i am a fan of metroid but i feel that he just cant fit in it at all. plus re-sizing him would just make him feel too wrong in my eyes. also for play style he is always flying and to see him not flying and being limited to P:M platform fighting type makes me hate the idea even more ( he is a dragon let him fly ppl )

Mario / Pokemon characters - far too many as it is and since the pokemon trainer got split that gave us 2 other ppl that was not originally on the rooster give some other series some space power houses( also if this don't count since a chose a series to down vote then i would like to just hit pichu and Paper mario if i can then )

thank you and good night jk

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I found a way for Telda and Tetra to only take one slot. Don't the Links have articles that would work for both of them? Zelda's B is pretty much a hitbox all over her body, boomerang could be used for a Din's fire, since Mewtwo can get a teleport out of nowhere can't Telda? I've also always liked the idea of Zelda with a bow so yeh. Link has bombs and Tetra uses bombs, hookshot could become grappling hook, somebody said Tetra could use Tink's aerials. IDK its just a random thought. There's probably some other thing in the way as well I'm overlooking. Just looking for a solution for those against having either of them for fear of using up 2 slots.
Regardless, if we get Young Link, Ganon, and Skull Kid up in this *****, we'll perfectly fill up the rest of the clone slots with Zelda.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Kafei (LoZ: Majora's Mask) - me and my friend was talking about this character and thru some talking i agree with him on most, first he would be a good character in P:M due to his massive clone ability with young link while having Shieks attacks( some ways ). he is also better then sckull kid ( no hate intended lol) because 1, his cloning 2, the items he uses have more similarity to link with the abilities he could use change with mask( to a extent) ( also check previous ppls ideas on this forum for more feels for it )
Kafei (LoZ: Majora's Mask) - he is also better then sckull kid ( no hate intended lol)
he is also better then sckull kid
Wat.

Alternate view for that image I suggested
I greatly approve of this stage. Can you imagine the beacon in a 3D environment?

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
+1 Votes
Ephraim (Fire emblem sacred stone) - ill be truthful here i would love to see this guy in P:M not just because he is my favorite character of the series but for the diversity he offers for the FE series in a smash game, for modeling ike would be the best since he uses a spear/lance which has a whole other play style then the normal counter attacking sword users of other fire emblem characters in P:M

Raiden (MGS: Series) - would have a huge play style change from any character available in P:M offering a mix play style of a ninja like character( Sheik) with sword play(but not the same) as marth, ike, roy. and finally another reason why this character should also be in is the fact that snake is alone when it comes to characters in smash games in general he needs a buddy com' mon, you could use the animations of gray fox assist trophy since all raidan really is, is a new gray fox ( from the series) also since raidan had his own game/ also was in playstation all star he is the pick over gray fox

Dark Samus ( Metroid Prime) - ok fair enough look to intro enough said ....( ps. a dark zero suit Samus costume or skin would be beast just saying wink wink ;) )

Shadow ( Sonic series)- to be truthful of all the sonic characters he is maybe the most cliche but he is how ever the best one to use of the group for both clone ability and the ability to come up with some nice and unique, for ppl who want him as a almost 100% clone ( take from sonic ) or change him up by taking ideas from other characters such as meta knight/ fox or even Mewtwo ( via chaos ability's and such) his way of playing he maybe a wolf version for sonic, ( also he is really popular so i guess that works too)

-1 votes ( he he he )

RIDELY ( MP) - seriously tooooo big also i am a fan of metroid but i feel that he just cant fit in it at all. plus re-sizing him would just make him feel too wrong in my eyes. also for play style he is always flying and to see him not flying and being limited to P:M platform fighting type makes me hate the idea even more ( he is a dragon let him fly ppl )

Mario / Pokemon characters - far too many as it is and since the pokemon trainer got split that gave us 2 other ppl that was not originally on the rooster give some other series some space power houses( also if this don't count since a chose a series to down vote then i would like to just hit pichu and Paper mario if i can then )

thank you and good night jk
So, not to knock you if this is legit, but is this a serious post?

I just need to question "toooooo big let him fly ppl", specially when paired with Kafei.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So, not to knock you if this is legit, but is this a serious post?

I just need to question "toooooo big let him fly ppl", specially when paired with Kafei.
The fact this guy really likes both Kafei and Shadow makes me think he is possibly another alt account for Soblinal (there was just another guy that also popped up that was very big on Shadow and Kafei as well).

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
So 3.0 was really great. It was really fun but their needs some improvements and I wold like to suggest some things.

First thing I noticed was when using brawlbox I found a stock icon of Pichu. Which probably means Pichu and Young Link will be in...

If Pichu does make it in this is what he needs:

-He needs a alternate costume that will make him look like Spiky-Eared Pichu from Heart Gold and Soul Silver
-His final smash should be something different than Pikachu. So maybe he could use his ukulele from Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Sign. He could probably use it like Barbara's Assist Trophy

If Pichu can make it than that means Young Link has a shot as well. So he probably needs:

-He probably needs to have his Fire Arrows but since Toon Link has some maybe Toon Link can have Ice Arrows instead
-He needs a redesign. For some reason they used his Ocarina of Time look instead of Majora's Mask. So I think instead of wooden shield he should get his Hero Shield and the sword can just stay and have his Majora's Mask design
-For a final smash instead of having the Triforce Slash maybe he could turn into Fierce Deity Link in do a powerful strike
-Also maybe one of his taunts could be putting on the Keaton Mask

Now what needs to be improved:

-After Roy does his Final Smash and a character is KOed on the top of the screen any character is falling so SLOW that it takes a full minute for them to KO
-Mewtwo's design needs some changing. Back in Melee they made him to thin. If you look at the recent games and the Anime he's slightly more bulkier. Maybe a model from Battle revolution could be used

Another thing I noticed is Mario 2 music at Rainbow cruise stage

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Only like, half of your post is relevant to the topic. I'll respond to that half.
The Pichu icon doesn't mean Yink, however it does mean Pichu has a real good chance now, unless the PMBR like being dickholes to their fans.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
Well I posted my idea for Young Link is because it would be kinda strange having all removed characters except him.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
Except that Toon Link IS Young Link. Young Link could work with the Mask stat changes that were talked about a while back, but otherwise it'll just be another Link.
I agree but it depends on what point of view you're looking at...

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
The fact this guy really likes both Kafei and Shadow makes me think he is possibly another alt account for Soblinal (there was just another guy that also popped up that was very big on Shadow and Kafei as well).
Honestly that's what I was thinking : P And that last one was a new user with one post. Granted it wouldn't be surprising if people joined to post in this, I was inactive myself for a long while before I started following this thread, but it seemed odd.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I found a way for Telda and Tetra to only take one slot. Don't the Links have articles that would work for both of them? Zelda's B is pretty much a hitbox all over her body, boomerang could be used for a Din's fire, since Mewtwo can get a teleport out of nowhere can't Telda? I've also always liked the idea of Zelda with a bow so yeh. Link has bombs and Tetra uses bombs, hookshot could become grappling hook, somebody said Tetra could use Tink's aerials. IDK its just a random thought. There's probably some other thing in the way as well I'm overlooking. Just looking for a solution for those against having either of them for fear of using up 2 slots.
Regardless, if we get Young Link, Ganon, and Skull Kid up in this *****, we'll perfectly fill up the rest of the clone slots with Zelda.
Any thoughts? It's okay if noone cares, I was just afraid it was buried by Golden Sun stage and possible alt account discussion.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I'm gonna ignore the comment about filling up the rest of the clone slots with Zelda characters because I imagine that that is in jest.

I'm just not entirely sure we really need Toon Zelda or Tetra. But then again, I'm not a huge Zelda player, so I don't know enough to pass judgement. I'll leave that to Zelda fans.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna ignore the comment about filling up the rest of the clone slots with Zelda characters because I imagine that that is in jest.

I'm just not entirely sure we really need Toon Zelda or Tetra. But then again, I'm not a huge Zelda player, so I don't know enough to pass judgement. I'll leave that to Zelda fans.

No I think Project M will only use exiting characters from the series. So maybe Pichu since I found a stock icon of him. But maybe also Young Link. but seeing as how Toon Link was made similar makes me think otherwise...then again.

shirokarasu

Smash Rookie
Upvotes :
1 - Isaac
2 - King K Rool
3 - Toon ganondorf : it would be fun to have a ganondorf that uses swords without losing the current ganondorf.
4 - Hector
5 - Waluigi

Down votes:

Ridley : i think hes made to be huge and reducing his size to something comparable to charizard or bowser would remove too much from him. He could be an alternate costume for charizard or something.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
No I think Project M will only use exiting characters from the series. So maybe Pichu since I found a stock icon of him. But maybe also Young Link. but seeing as how Toon Link was made similar makes me think otherwise...then again.
There's only two other unused characters and 5 slots left. Considering how we have superior Yink in Tink the only other character is Pichu and he's very likely at this point. But that still leaves 4 slots open. It's too tempting to not add someone else.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I doubt he would do something like that, he may not like being disagreed with but I don`t think he would lie like that to make his ideas seem more appreciated.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
BRB gonna make 74 alts to upvote Ridley and downvote Isaac and Lyn (and Kafei). The Riddles will stand UNOPPOSED.

jk of course, but I wouldn't put it past people to create alts for any reason.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Hello, here's a neophyte with some opinions:

+
+1 for for Tetra
+1 for Skull Kid
+1 for Ridley
+1 for the Black Shadow Ganondorf thing (never knew how much I wanted black shadow before I heard about this)

-
-1 for any Sonic characters. I don't really hate Sonic it's just there has to be better choices than any of these really.

also,

Another character idea I'll throw out: Zelda, from a hypothetical game where she's the protagonist. Ideally from Clockwork Empire, which is where I got the idea.

Animations could possibly be borrowed from Link and Zelda. Not sure what the moveset would be like; the idea only works if someone is inspired to come up with a really good one.

I find the idea of a Zelda/Link switcharound incredibly uninventive, I'd rather see a Zelda game where you straight up play as a female Link. In fact just making a female skin for Link here is an idea I'd entertain but that doesn't belong in this thread.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
-1 for any Sonic characters. I don't really hate Sonic it's just there has to be better choices than any of these really.

While that may or may not be true, that isn't a very valid reason for voting them down. You can really say the same about many characters.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
While that may or may not be true, that isn't a very valid reason for voting them down. You can really say the same about many characters.
They're the only ones popular enough that I feel it's necessary to say that I don't think they're a good pick.

Edit: Fun fact, I'm actually watching a Sonic Lost World LP as I post this.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
... Did you read the OP? No one is lower in the polls than the Sonic characters. They're not what I'd call popular.
I skimmed it, there was a lot of information there. I guess there are a lot more people here that think similarly to me then, cause I know the sonic fandom is a pretty big thing.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
They're the only ones popular enough that I feel it's necessary to say that I don't think they're a good pick.

Edit: Fun fact, I'm actually watching a Sonic Lost World LP as I post this.

I'm just saying I'm not counting those negative votes unless you have an actual reason, per policy here in this thread. That's all.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

Really? ....Okay then. I'm going to be openly honest that I know Mauler in person and he wanted my opinion on characters I liked. He agreed and voted for them of his own accord. I told him to vote for who he wants. I seriously just got back from his place no longer than 15 minutes ago. He and a bunch of college buddies I know play Project M together from time to time when I have days off work to visit.

Now for the other guy, he is from dA after I posted a poll asking if people would want to see another Sonic character in P:M... -> http://solbliminal.deviantart.com/journal/poll/4090782/

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Really? ....Okay then. I'm going to be openly honest that I know Mauler in person and he wanted my opinion on characters I liked. He agreed and voted for them of his own accord. I told him to vote for who he wants. I seriously just got back from his place no longer than 15 minutes ago. He and a bunch of college buddies I know play Project M together from time to time when I have days off work to visit.

Now for the other guy, he is from dA after I posted a poll asking if people would want to see another Sonic character in P:M... -> http://solbliminal.deviantart.com/journal/poll/4090782/
I might regret this but imma go ahead an' watch you on dA.

Kes

Smash Cadet
As for Young Link, why would we have him at all when Toon Link in PM was already mixed with Young Link? And I'm really hoping the Pichu icon doesn't mean anything, I don't want one of the five slots we have wasted on it, I don't see how it'd be different from it's Melee self or redeemable in amy way. It was a joke character to begin with, and now the joke is old. I'd rather the team creates a new joke of its own if we really need a joke slot instead of reusing the same one.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
As for Young Link, why would we have him at all when Toon Link in PM was already mixed with Young Link? And I'm really hoping the Pichu icon doesn't mean anything, I don't want one of the five slots we have wasted on it, I don't see how it'd be different from it's Melee self or redeemable in amy way. It was a joke character to begin with, and now the joke is old. I'd rather the team creates a new joke of its own if we really need a joke slot instead of reusing the same one.

But here what I was thinking. Forgetting Young Link, Pichu has so much potential. I mean his alternate costume could easily been Spiky-Eared Pichu and his Final Smash could be his ukulele used just like Barbara's Assist Trophy. You'd just need to replace the models a bit and he'd be made easily. One of his moves could be changed and voila a new and improved Pichu.

I agree it would be kinda lame having Link, Toon Link and Young Link but if Pichu DID EVER make it that it would be strange not having him. Even if Toon Link uses one of his moves it's not any fare reason at all. And you know Nintendo probably didn't work a lot on the character when Melee was made. But imagine what they can do. For one thing Toon Link's arrows could be changed again for ice arrows. His design could be changed and his Final Smash could be something different like turning into Fierce Deity Link for example. The fact his taunt was used means nothing. He could have new taunts easily just saying the masks he used for instance. As an alternate costume for Toon Link would be even lamer. First of all they are not the same height and hey don't have the same voices.

To be honest before I found Pichu's stock icon I never though of this and if I never found it I would of never even considered Project M adding more removed characters...

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I do feel bad for the Young Link fans (I'm one, but I also love TL so much that it's really not a problem for me and I don't feel like YL needs to come back). YL is a tough one because it's not even like Dr. M, where you can just put him over TL as an alt costume and make the fans happy. I have a sad feeling that he's probably not coming back in any capacity.

Honestly, I could see them doing it. Pichu + YL + one completely original character (maybe Ridley or Isaac) and then they call it a day. I'm really not sure what YL would have to make him better, though, considering TL has had so many changes and improvements already. I guess YL could be exactly the same as he was in Melee, but with more KO power? Considering TL has different aerials, a different fsmash, that jab combo, etc, I guess the characters would be different enough.

I dunno! I'd be 100% cool with that, haha. But I feel like it's kind of stretching things.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
I do feel bad for the Young Link fans (I'm one, but I also love TL so much that it's really not a problem for me and I don't feel like YL needs to come back). YL is a tough one because it's not even like Dr. M, where you can just put him over TL as an alt costume and make the fans happy. I have a sad feeling that he's probably not coming back in any capacity.

Honestly, I could see them doing it. Pichu + YL + one completely original character (maybe Ridley or Isaac) and then they call it a day. I'm really not sure what YL would have to make him better, though, considering TL has had so many changes and improvements already. I guess YL could be exactly the same as he was in Melee, but with more KO power? Considering TL has different aerials, a different fsmash, that jab combo, etc, I guess the characters would be different enough.

I dunno! I'd be 100% cool with that, haha. But I feel like it's kind of stretching things.

I agree and it would be a shame not have him + they could redesign him to make him have his Hero shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom