• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, i don't care about those, but i didn't heard of character 3. Wasn't there
someone i care about
with not enough done to secure the spot? If no, then oh well, i think character 4 is a waste of slot then. I would think so anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, then i have to hurry up with certain something just in case. So, should we take out those characters out of poll since may already know about then (bad decision IMO) or try to hide it?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Are we even allowed to talk about that here, spoilers or not, in the first place? I mean, they delete posts that talk about that in reddit.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I don't have 3.5 yet. Didn't get a chance to download. Are the special characters you guys talking about in or just planned for future release?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Are we even allowed to talk about that here, spoilers or not, in the first place? I mean, they delete posts that talk about that in reddit.
Well, in such case its better to remove any names right now. Someone will open those anyway, even if told to not do that.
I don't have 3.5 yet. Didn't get a chance to download. Are the special characters you guys talking about in or just planned for future release?
Future release. 3.5 had no new characters.
If one of our 5 +1's was in smash 4 and can't be in, do we get a new vote?
If you mean if one of those you voted for got into SSB4, then yes, you get a new vote.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Honestly we shouldn't talk about it. And the last person was kind enough to remove the leak posted entirely. Fake or real, we should respect the PMDT's hard work and not tarnish it by showing off what we aren't meant to see yet.

Oh My Gascho

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-6059-6486
+1
Paper Mario: He is the star in 4 very successful games and can have a multitude of different attacks from his different games. PMBR could take G&W as a base and make paper mario out of it, so it wouldn't be too hard to make him.

Bowser Jr: A quick Bowser that can do big damage and is harder to hit. Sounds like Fox but without a shine or lasers. You can even implement his paint into some moves.

Ninten: PMBR could take Ness and change his colors and then you get Ninten. A lot of intersting things coulds could come out of Ninten and he could hopefully be a mix of how Ness and Lucas play.

Ridley: Re-skin Charizard and give him a couple of new moves and you're good. We need another Metroid character and villians and Ridley fits perfectly.

Dixie Kong: Give Diddy Kong a pony tail and pink clothes then you get Dixie. Maybe make her a better camper than Diddy with different moves.

+1/2
Waluigi: I watched marioking64ds videos and he looked viable and fun.

Skull Kid: He's awesome and could be really cool, but seems like a lot of work.

Dark Samus: I would prefer Ridley, but if Ridley doesnt make it then Damus is good too.

Krystal: Like Skull Kid, she would be interesting, but a lot of work.

Isaac: I've never seen or played any of his games, but he seems really intersting.

Toad: He would be a useless character who doesn't bring much that represents his franchise.

Pichu: The only reason people want Pichu is because he was in melee and that if someone loses to pichu they would be embarrassed

Pokemon Trainer: They separated him up for a reason and there are already so many pokemon.

King K. Rool: If he was put in the game he would just be another big character who barely anyone uses and would just have the same recycled moves from DK, Bowser, D3, Charizard, and Ganon.

Black Shadow and Ganondorf: The only people that want Ganon to have a sword are TLoZ fans. Smash players who are focused on smash will just be angry that they have to play as this Captain Falcon rip-off

Tom Nook: There's no point in adding an animal crossing character unless it's villager and since that can't happen there shouldn't be Tom Nook.

Sukapon: He is really weird and doesnt fit in with the rest of the cast. No one really knows him and I and probably others will stop playing Project M if they include a bad character like him.
I had an up vote to bowser jr, and he was in the new smash, so I would like to make my +1 to RayMK since now that I've seen his possible moves, i think it would be a fun play style.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Well, in such case its better to remove any names right now. Someone will open those anyway, even if told to not do that.

Future release. 3.5 had no new characters.

If you mean if one of those you voted for got into SSB4, then yes, you get a new vote.
Are these the same characters "leaked" from a few months ago, or are they new ones with more proof?

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Ya know, I don't know how I feel about this leak.

On one hand, I'm excited to see these new characters (one of them being one I really wanted), but on the other hand I feel bad for the PMDT.

Edit: sorry, didn't see the message from standardtoaster until I posted this. No more talk about it from me.

Last edited:

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Enough discussion about leaks. Any information not from PMDT should be treated as rumors.

So might i ask what we discuss then? If the PMDT really wants no discussion of their leaks, you might as well close this thread as half your characters were already leaked. Unless you want to deny the truth shown before us and consider it an elaborate ruse, which is even less as likely as all of us know that no one in the modding community besides PMDT has the ability to get 3 characters that animate that well in game. All the good PSAers either moved on or are part of the dev team.

So excuse me if I seem brash in asking, but what's the point of trying to silence discussion on the matter? Last I knew this was a general discussion thread of potential new characters. And hey, when Demonboy leaked everything, no one seemed to try and shut up conversation back then, but now it's tabuu.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
>red punch man confirmed
>green sword woman confirmed

I'm getting the same feeling I got when Smash 4's roster got leaked.

Goodbye, Ridley.

Goodbye, Dark Samus.

Goodbye, hopes and dreams.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I think Ninka raises a very good point. I will definitely do my best to respect the wishes of the PMDT as they have put their heart and soul into this mod and many hours of work. And we all really thank you so much for that. However except for the advent of the leaked characters we really don't have a whole lot to discuss here at the moment. This thread has reached a pretty interesting predicament.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
He edited his post already saying he saw my post. No need to call him out
I just barely missed his edit just as he barely missed your comment. I meant no offense, I just wanted to enforce the statement. Friesnchip literally just got done telling the leaker on the last page not to post said leaks, so it is common thing here for people to overlook or ignore statements we've made several times during this thread.

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else seriously stunned that all these characters are getting in before Ridley
Does the PMDT really have that much faith Sakurai is going to add him as DLC to Smash 4?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Enough discussion about leaks. Any information not from PMDT should be treated as rumors.
You can't tell me what to do. I will talk about the leak as much as I want. Now why aren't you guys hyped about the leak? I mean JOHN CENA is going to be in Smash!

UltimateWario

Smash Master
There's respectfully not complaining about the lingering smell of elephant in the room.

Then there's not complaining about the very large elephant sitting in the center of the room constantly interrupting everyone with loud trumpeting noises.

When those files were leaked on 4chan, I believe the situation was the former. Now I believe we've advanced to the latter.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
>red punch man confirmed
>green sword woman confirmed

I'm getting the same feeling I got when Smash 4's roster got leaked.

Goodbye, Ridley.

Goodbye, Dark Samus.

Goodbye, hopes and dreams.
What are you talking about. Two slots are unknow, though the leaker did mention who those two were (one is a definite, while the other is a maybe). Personally, I REALLY, REALLY hope those two make it in, my most wanted characters for PM. Not going to drop names out of respect for the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom