• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malion

Smash Ace
The picture link was broken but I loved Flint the time detective. All the little creatures in it who had both evil and master forms... I wish I could remember individual names to not seem like a poser right now though.

I particularly remember that the main character had the same voice as Gomamon, who was my favourite digimon.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
The picture link was broken but I loved Flint the time detective. All the little creatures in it who had both evil and master forms... I wish I could remember individual names to not seem like a poser right now though.

I particularly remember that the main character had the same voice as Gomamon, who was my favourite digimon.
Yeah sorry if the link is broken. My computer is a bit crappy right now and I'm still trying to fix it. But I completely agree. So everyone should throw down some +1 and +1/2 votes in Donbe's direction in the name of Flint, Tomba, and all the caveboys!

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Don't be so melodramatic, Saito. Simply bow before the new ruler of the Shinternet.
I think the funniest part of his reaction is how hypocritical it is. Just the other day he was throwing out Super Saiyan 3 jokes about Ganondorf everywhere. I'll take terrible puns over the overused DBZ memes any day.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
To recap, this week's winners are:

K i'm wondering, did the votes start over, or did those two get the most votes of the week?

Haven't been here awhile so I'd like to be caught up on the rules/votes, OP still has the old votes, so are the tally's new or still using the old ones from the OP. (i know you're not tallying anymore tomato.)

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
K i'm wondering, did the votes start over, or did those two get the most votes of the week?

Haven't been here awhile so I'd like to be caught up on the rules/votes, OP still has the old votes, so are the tally's new or still using the old ones from the OP. (i know you're not tallying anymore tomato.)
Tallies are still running. Those two will probably make it in the next update.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I think the funniest part of his reaction is how hypocritical it is. Just the other day he was throwing out Super Saiyan 3 jokes about Ganondorf everywhere. I'll take terrible puns over the overused DBZ memes any day.
I'm gonna stop you there and tell you that super saiyan 3 quotes are not a meme.

They are overused quotes though.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I'm gonna stop you there and tell you that super saiyan 3 quotes are not a meme.

They are overused quotes though.
Super Saiyan forms as a whole have been turned into memes. And the quotes are also overused.

But I did also catch that Daybreaker joke you made too. Don't call me out when you have guilty pleasures of your own brah. :p

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I suppose I was just chiming in--I actually haven't voted for anyone yet, though Takamaru does seem very cool.
Cool. Be sure to give him a moment of thought when handing out your full votes! A half vote is fine too. :D

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
-remembers posting about how there should be a grapple based character in p:m-

-was immediatly bashed for it-

-comes back to this-

;-;

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I've been meaning to do this for a while.
+1/2 Pprince of Sable.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

-comes back to this-

;-;
Not sure who would've bashed you, but honestly I believe it was something more along the lines of people thinking it was an unlikely thing to program. As characters so far characters cloned over can't have properties added to existing attacks. This is why projectiles and grabs can't be added to a character. They have to already have the command in their repertoire. We still don't know if it is possible to program a character to have more command grabs via Special Moves.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion

-comes back to this-

;-;
You claimed there were no grapplers in PM, when there are. DK, Bowser, and Ganondorf(who has 2 command grabs whoa).
It was also said a grappler character like you imagine would be hard to fit in a Smash environment.
Noone was bashing the idea, just the fact that it was poorly delivered.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
If I haven't already: +1/2 to Sablé Prince, and +0 to Donbe (he's an interesting character, but way too obscure even among the obscure crowd. So overall I'm indifferent.)

So in the grand scheme of things, it'd probably be a very agreeable group if the next five are:

1. Isaac - by virtue of being easily the most-wanted character
2. Ridley vs. Dark Samus - while the Metroid series is way under-represented, these two are both very popular. Ridley has always been a dream, and if he proves to be impossible, then Dark Samus works as a true clone
3. A Japan-only niche character (pick one):
-Skapon
-Takamaru
-Sablé Prince
-Lip
-Donbe
Unfortunately none of those are truly clonelike, so they'd need a lot of work.
4. True clone character (i.e. Sami, Bowser Jr)
5. True clone character

Though that would rule out a lot of characters if everyone would be cool with #3.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
You claimed there were no grapplers in PM, when there are. DK, Bowser, and Ganondorf(who has 2 command grabs whoa).
It was also said a grappler character like you imagine would be hard to fit in a Smash environment.
Noone was bashing the idea, just the fact that it was poorly delivered.
Idk how I was supposed to deliver me just mentioning that I would like a grapple based character.
Pretty sure I explained that I thought of those two as characters with grappling moves, not grapplers. Even then, one just uses basic throws that everyone is alloted, and I dont see how that makes DK more of a grappler than anyone else.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
If I haven't already: +1/2 to Sablé Prince, and +0 to Donbe (he's an interesting character, but way too obscure even among the obscure crowd. So overall I'm indifferent.)

So in the grand scheme of things, it'd probably be a very agreeable group if the next five are:

2. Ridley vs. Dark Samus - while the Metroid series is way under-represented, these two are both very popular. Ridley has always been a dream, and if he proves to be impossible, then Dark Samus works as a true clone
-Skapon
-Takamaru
-Sablé Prince
-Lip
-Donbe
4. True clone character (i.e. Sami, Bower Jr)
5. True clone character

Though that would rule out a lot of characters if everyone would be cool with #3.
But Ray tho.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
That's exactly who I was thinking in my last sentence. And then I knew you would say something. :(
I'm that sad majority of that last statement then. I feel guilty as hell, but I really love Custom Robo. It seems like that middle game that is close enough to deserve attention, but lesser than Golden Sun and Advance Wars to just barely miss the cut. It hurts.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Idk how I was supposed to deliver me just mentioning that I would like a grapple based character.
Pretty sure I explained that I thought of those two as characters with grappling moves, not grapplers. Even then, one just uses basic throws that everyone is alloted, and I dont see how that makes DK more of a grappler than anyone else.
DK also has Cargo Throws, and in general his grab is more important to his game than most.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord

-Skapon
-Takamaru
-Sablé Prince
-Lip
-Donbe
4. True clone character (i.e. Sami, Bower Jr)
5. True clone character

I can dig this.

Also, if Ridley turns out to be playable in Smash 4 instead of being a boss hazard, I'd honestly prefer Ray over Dark Samus, as much as I like the latter. Although that could also be solved if she filled in one of the last 2 spots, even though I'd rather Damus be more of a half-clone than a true one.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I can dig this.

Also, if Ridley turns out to be playable in Smash 4 instead of being a boss hazard, I'd honestly prefer Ray over Dark Samus, as much as I like the latter. Although that could also be solved if she filled in one of the last 2 spots, even though I'd rather Damus be more of a half-clone than a true one.
A lot of Dark Samus votes were secondary to Ridley (and many negative ones were because of Ridley), so she'd get a huge boost if Ridley was inelligible. And yeah, she'd probably be more Luigi-clone. Her specials would probably be different, but the rest of her attacks would otherwise have the same animations, just with modified parameters.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Also, if Ridley turns out to be playable in Smash 4 instead of being a boss hazard, I'd honestly prefer Ray over Dark Samus, as much as I like the latter.
Edge. Have I ever told you how much of a bro you are? No? You're an Epic Level Bro. Just saying.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I'm just imaginin' the two of them at an Irish downtown pub getting a drink, getting to know each other, and gradually becoming the life of the party.
Well Ray is going to really be needing a drink if he doesn't make it into P:M. He will be hitting the oil hard.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Well Ray is going to really be needing a drink if he doesn't make it into P:M. He will be hitting the oil hard.
I honestly think he'll be more preoccupied with the existential dilemma of wanting to forget that he was shafted out of the most professional Smash mod ever, but is unable to experience the effects of alcohol in order to do so because he's merely a toy robot.

Makes you wonder how Woody and the gang dealt with not being played with during all those years Andy grew up.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I honestly think he'll be more preoccupied with the existential dilemma of wanting to forget that he was shafted out of the most professional Smash mod ever, but is unable to experience the effects of alcohol in order to do so because he's merely a toy robot.

Makes you wonder how Woody and the gang dealt with not being played with during all those years Andy grew up.
WHY CAN'T WE HAVE MORE SLOTS!? THIS STORY WILL END IN PAIN IN TURMOIL AS IF IT WERE A BADLY WRITTEN VERSION OF TOY STORY!! #SaveTheRaysAndPichus

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
WHY CAN'T WE HAVE MORE SLOTS!? THIS STORY WILL END IN PAIN IN TURMOIL AS IF IT WERE A BADLY WRITTEN VERSION OF TOY STORY!! #SaveTheRaysAndPichus
If only BrawlEx were compatible with Project M, man.

Remember our 49 character idea? It would've added 2 extra slots while making for a very nice CSS.

But unfortunately it isn't to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom