• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
-1 vote for metallica
Never EVER represented in Nintendo's history
No moveset potential
Not Nintendo based at all
Doesn't appear in Brawl

I mean, they got good music, but then again, we wouldn't vote for a lot of other characters because they don't appear in brawl

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I leave for a bit and suddenly +1 Takamaru's all over the place.

I have joy. :')

So guys I know I said I'd do another breakdown post but as it turns out, I'm all breakdown'd out. I think it's a combination of all of the things I'd like to cover being covered in the opening post of the Takamaru thread in the SSB4 section and the few recent discussions we've had, but I just can't seem to spark notes it all together into something nice for non-supporters to read and get a little something new from.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Alright, final recolors for Takamaru.

1.- Default
2.- Rythm Heaven Samurai
3.- Samurai Goroh
4.- Red team
5.- Blue team
6.- Green team
7.- Not kenshin
8.- Not shinigami captain
9.- Not shichika
-

BTW, Metallica had ONE game on Wii. :D I vote for a P:M stage at least based on Guitar Hero: Metallica.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

1.- Default
2.- Rythm Heaven Samurai
3.- Samurai Goroh
4.- Red team
5.- Blue team
6.- Green team
7.- Not kenshin
8.- Not shinigami captain
9.- Not shichika
-

BTW, Metallica had ONE game on Wii. :D I vote for a P:M stage at least based on Guitar Hero: Metallica.
This lacks Not Samurai Champloo

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
-1 vote for metallica
Never EVER represented in Nintendo's history
No moveset potential
Not Nintendo based at all
Doesn't appear in Brawl

I mean, they got good music, but then again, we wouldn't vote for a lot of other characters because they don't appear in brawl
1394133453622.gif

You do realize my post was a joke....right? Because if you actually wrote that with the idea that I was seriously in giving a vote for a band that I ALREADY KNOW has NOTHING TO DO with NINTENDO, I think you may have problems with not taking or realizing a joke.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Boy. I bet Ganondorf fans were absolutely floored with his Hyrule Warriors playstyle. He plays nothing like Captain Falcon~ Is that closer to the expectations you guys were looking for?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Boy. I bet Ganondorf fans were absolutely floored with his Hyrule Warriors playstyle. He plays nothing like Captain Falcon~ Is that closer to the expectations you guys were looking for?

You better believe it, plus magic because warlock.

But like I said, even if Ganon mains suddenly find this design control-wise cooler, it'll still disrupt so it's a no-go.

Holding out for a Smash 4 redesign, at least (except it won't happen there, either...)

Shin F.

Smash Master

This is precisely the Ganondorf we (fans of Canondorf) have wanted all along. Except we never knew we wanted the long hair, but that's a different story.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
This is precisely the Ganondorf we (fans of Canondorf) have wanted all along. Except we never knew we wanted the long hair, but that's a different story.
In my headcanon, this is Ganondorf's ultimate form, not Ganon: Fabuldorf.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
You better believe it, plus magic because warlock.

But like I said, even if Ganon mains suddenly find this design control-wise cooler, it'll still disrupt so it's a no-go.

Holding out for a Smash 4 redesign, at least (except it won't happen there, either...)
I don't see the problem with the hair. It makes him closer to both his native Ganon form and Demise, the so called origin character. I find that to be a pleasing nod to the canon. (Not to mention the DLC costumes are there if you don't like the way he looks anyways.)

That all aside though, real talk? I still don't care about Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I don't see the problem with the hair. It makes him closer to both his native Ganon form and Demise, the so called origin character. I find that to be a pleasing nod to the canon.

That all aside though, real talk? I still don't care about Ganondorf.
It's just that it's so exceptionally SSJ3 / SSJ4 it's ridiculous - in a good way, lol.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Kinda looks like this design took inspiration from Demise as well. It doesn't look half bad, but it's going to be hard to get used to seeing him like that.

Ninja'd, darn.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Kinda looks like this design took inspiration from Demise as well. It doesn't look half bad, but it's going to be hard to get used to seeing him like that.

Ninja'd, darn.
Like I said. DLC costumes. You don't have to get used to seeing him any which way.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

I like Smashdorf and Canondorf. If he fought like he does in smash in Hyrule warriors, I'd of been okay with that just as much as I am okay with his twin sword wielding self.

But that HAIR.

THAT HAIR.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I like Smashdorf and Canondorf. If he fought like he does in smash in Hyrule warriors, I'd of been okay with that just as much as I am okay with his twin sword wielding self.

But that HAIR.

THAT HAIR.

At least he isn't missing eye brows like Ness.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561

Dat mullet though...

Insanity's Bane

Smash Rookie
I never knew I wanted to see Ganondorf with long, luscious hair until now.

(Also, unrelated but after further inspection, I'm giving Sukapon a half-vote.)

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
"Mullets are back, mullets for life."

-This message is brought to you by Liquid Snake, a long forgotten clone engine candidate

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Sol why you be killin' the hype?

JK but yeah this is the most excited we've ever been for Ganondorf outside of Smash.
Look guys. I'm just being completely honest. I just don't find him interesting as a character. At all. He looks fun to play in Hyrule Warriors, but I just don't dig him. I've never been fond of the whole brute as **** Goliath, both literally and figuratively, type characters. It is just the same jazz as Sigma from Mega Man X, where this big brooding jerk just keeps coming back to life to seek power and haunt those his blood is cursed to plague. It gets boring seeing him when they barely give him any characterization beyond that. And the only instance that really gave it a shot was Wind Waker.

All I'm saying is that they need to give him far more depth before I can really genuinely feel anything for the character other than the generic bad guy I'm playing the game to beat.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I have no idea why I was caught up in that quote.

I was just talking about SSJ3 Ganondorf. Not anyone's opinion about him.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I have no idea why I was caught up in that quote.

I was just talking about SSJ3 Ganondorf. Not anyone's opinion about him.
Started off as an opinion about the hair. Noticed Edge said something and forgot to unquote you guys. Fixing. Sorry.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yeah. I mean, it's okay if you don't like him - no one was trying to convince you otherwise. Not quite sure where all of that came from...
That answer is easy. Sol is a herp derp and jumped the gun. The result of too many Ganondorf discussions in this thread.

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Well, considering Solbliminal one of the people polling votes...

Get ready for the +1/2 Black Shadow just straight up replacing Ganon entirely. :3

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Well, considering Solbliminal one of the people polling votes...

Get ready for the +1/2 Black Shadow just straight up replacing Ganon entirely. :3
That... doesn't make anything better. I may not like Ganondorf, but I'm not shallow and non-sympathetic towards his fans.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Holy crap. I'm just having an off night tonight guys. Ignore anything I say, because I'm likely delusional at this point from sickness and frustration from being unable to fix my computer. Sorry for the trouble and randomly pointless posts.:079::alakadoof:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast

It's a beautiful mesh of all ganondorfs that ever existed. I want it.

I also find it funny that he resembles Caineghis from Path of Radiance now.

Caineghis.png

Just, really evil.

he still doesn't need a new smash moveset.

9.- Not shichika
>that goddamn Shichika

1400464780777.png

it's beautiful, but I hurt so much inside because I know it will never happen...

YOU TORMENT ME WITH THIS

but no seriously that's like the perfect mock up and I'd give a leg for it. you don't need legs for smash.

and now, a Togame alt for Lyn

alright, I'm pushing it. I'll stop now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom