• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Man. That Takamaru deconfirmation has to honestly bite. I know a lot of you guys were backing him for Smash 4. Hope he makes some lead way for you guys here in Project M. Best of luck guys.

Malion

Smash Ace
+1/2 Takamaru

But I really hope he looks like he does in Captain Rainbow

lol

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
1/2 vote to Taka

Because he isint worth the full vote and because Lyn is LAAAAMMEEE-shot-

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
+1 vote to Paper Mario as he is my most wanted to character to be in a smash game. Him being in Project: M might just give me the edge I need to finally beat my best friend whom I never seem to be able to beat.

Also +1 to Dark Samus. Watched that PSA and she could also make a very fun character.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm pretty sure Lyn can walk completely unimpaired considering the speeds at which she travels. :troll:
I dunno man, every time I've seen her she just teleports
Got that voodoo magic to cover up the fact that she's lame :troll:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
+1/2 Takamaru

But I really hope he looks like he does in Captain Rainbow

lol
If anything, he should look like the Famicom boxart but have an alt that gives him the swag jacket and pants in this picture.

Last edited:

TheCometCE

Smash Rookie
the prospect of skullkid seems pretty awesome, although i think i'd like to see pichu first simply because he already has an established moveset, the pmbr could have a field day with it

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
+1 MOLE CRICKET
#BestMotherRep
#Mole
#Cricket
#TopTier
#BrokenButWontBeFixed
#NeverGiveUp
#MovesetPotential
#SonicAndKnuckles5
#HalfLife3Cinformed
#Gaben
#Hashtag
@fart

Last edited:

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
FULL VOTE:

Paper Mario: Large fanbase, and very unrepresented. Could have an original moveset aside from some game & watch clone material, all in all, really deserves a slot.

Tom Nook: Animal crossing needs representation.

9-volt: LET ME EXPLAIN: 9-volt is a character that appears in the WarioWare! series. Due to Project M's changes to wario, he now more resembles himself from the Wario Land games. Considering there is a warioware stage, there should probably be a representative from the series to better suit that. Out of the characters from warioware, 9-volt might potentially have the most unique moveset out of everyone in the cast. Kat and Ana could be a possible mixture of of marth and ice climbers, and Mona could take wario's bike; however, 9-volt's moveset could be based on many different classic nintendo games. He could take the Villagers up special in smash 4, maybe use excitebikes as a projectile. The only problem is; it'd take a lot of effort to do.

That's all I'll do for now.

Shin F.

Smash Master
FULL VOTE:

Paper Mario: Large fanbase, and very unrepresented. Could have an original moveset aside from some game & watch clone material, all in all, really deserves a slot.

Tom Nook: Animal crossing needs representation.

9-volt: LET ME EXPLAIN: 9-volt is a character that appears in the WarioWare! series. Due to Project M's changes to wario, he now more resembles himself from the Wario Land games. Considering there is a warioware stage, there should probably be a representative from the series to better suit that. Out of the characters from warioware, 9-volt might potentially have the most unique moveset out of everyone in the cast. Kat and Ana could be a possible mixture of of marth and ice climbers, and Mona could take wario's bike; however, 9-volt's moveset could be based on many different classic nintendo games. He could take the Villagers up special in smash 4, maybe use excitebikes as a projectile. The only problem is; it'd take a lot of effort to do.

That's all I'll do for now.
I think 9-volt could make a great character - admittedly, I had only thought about him in passing because Ashley and Jimmy T like to hog the Wario spotlight, but I've always liked 9-volt.

+1/2 9-volt

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I've always liked 9-Volt, but for whatever reason I wasn't sold on him being playable. I think it's because every single attack of his would have to be a reference of some sort, so he'd have a moveset similar in weirdness to Mr. Game & Watch or Villager in Smash 4. He could be fun, for sure, but I'm not sure it'd be as unique as Jimmy T., who could be a dance battler, which isn't something we've seen before in Smash.

Nonetheless, I'm not totally opposed to him either (he's a fellow Nintendo geek, who could hate that?), so +1/2 to 9-Volt, especially if the PMBR can be really creative with a concept for him.

Malion

Smash Ace
9-volt is such a Nintendo fanboy he'd fit perfectly in smash... I've given him my 1/2 already though.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

WAIFU GAME TOO STRONG

She needs to be playable

So she can DESTROY SANIC
That is pretty damn cool, but I resent that Sonic statement. If anyone deserves the honor of destroying him, it is Sash Lilac. :troll:

EDIT: Also tested. This is false.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I came here for support purposes despite not being interested that much in project M (I in fact never installed it despite knowing how easy the task is). However, I think casting my votes here is something I should do even without that interest knowing it might be for the community's benefit.

My votes are in that regard heavily based on SSB4 speculation even though it's a mod, there's a certain possibility that worth mention here. Because of that, I will only cast 3 +1 votes. It has to do with me not caring that much for just the roster, but a lot about the general repping of the game which is practically almost the whole game. I'm neutral on any character that is not in this list (except mewtwo who is already included). Also, I'm aware of the possibility of the engine, not about limitations so bare with me if I say something impossible to do.

With that out of the way, here they are with an explanation:

3: King K Rool +1

Even tough I'm not sure if I would care for him to be in ssb4, I can say that I'm more positive than neutral for sure. In Project M, I don't think it could be a trouble to find a base and make the character natural. He's been a character that is still today one of the most requested and recognized character for SSB4 so I assume that he could bring hype for P:M players (assumption, I know, but I should be right unless I'm not). As for potential, I'm confident that not only he has enough, but also that it could be implemented (with work that is) in a great way via clone engine. Like the OP states, it would of course require a massive amount of work, but I still think that the character would be worthy enough for such effort.

2: Ridley +1

This should be no surprise if you check the ridley thread, but for those who aren't aware, I was very interested in his situation in ssb4 that I wrote a very, VERY long essay supporting him that is in the second page of this thread. This is enough to explain my determination, but the truth is, I want him as much in this mod because of the character himself. Being able to be a grab oriented character is an idea that I support highly. It would be someone that gives you the feeling of controlling your opponents which is something I would really want in ssb4 and of course would be interested to see this in P:M.

He has popularity, potential, dertimination in supporters, but unfortunately, it's going to take HUGE efforts for that to happen mainly due to his complex body structure. I honestly don't even know if it's in the realm of possibility considering even Sakurai wasn't even sure if it was and that was for future game in general. With limitations because mod however, it makes things even harder so I even wonder if it's possible. Even if it is, it would probably be one of the hardest character to do for that engine because I have no idea who could serve as base.

However, if it's possible and that people shows enough determination to keep up motivation, I think the final result would be very hype that it would make justice to those efforts. For someone who check his support thread on a regular basis, I can confirm that supporters are VERY solid which might be a good point for putting him in P:M... if it's possible.

The 2 votes above was made only because I'm interested in those character appearing in SSB4 and could be interesting in this mod. However, I said I was there for "support purposes" and those votes aren't related to that. What is related however...

1: Paper Mario +1

That, was the purpose. I think it should be obvious that it's my most wanted in ssb4 and so, is my most wanted here too. I cannot detail why I'm so determined in his support, but I can tell you one thing: not only it's very possible, but it would also be very interesting to do.

Just to cleat that out of the way, he's mario in theory. In practice however, it would be unnatural to act like him which is mainly why I consider him a very unique and worthy addition. I know this is a mod so I shouldn't expect complex gimmicks, but even there, you still have enough left to do something that would do him justice. Stuff like implementing a sort of power bounce by input, have a his partners work in SET MOVES ONLY (like G&W objects, that could be possible to swap the models), tons of final smash ideas, some paper abilities and of course, the hammer. The hammer (and you could add the jump) could have a side effect like status or size.

I'm perfectly aware of how not all of this could be implemented perfectly and I was sceptical on putting him over G&W due to him being fluid which is the opposite of G&W. But after watching that mewtwo reveal video, I found that it could work if this was done. Now, not only you have a base, but you also have tons of potential (there's a reason I use "infinite potential" as support slogan).

Now, for the efforts vs worth, that is when he could looses some points. The animation being fluid, the model needing to be changed and of course the move design WILL take lots of effort. His popularity is what I could describe with the word "decent" which I don't know if it changes on this forum, but you get the idea that I suggest him not really for popularity. I have 2 reasons that would make him worthy to do:

1 Being aware of how this mod shared love to his series with a pretty palette swap and one of the best music from it, I don't think it's a streach to consider him as addition.

2 He's appealing. That is way more important than what you might think. To give you an idea, LOOKING everything he does just makes me want to play TTYD. Why? The design of the colors are very bright even more than toon link from original game. The colors is really something that imo, would make people want to use him. And if it's not enough, I don't know about people here, but does playing as a piece of paper sounds interesting? It seems to be something not done and the concept should get at the very least serious consideration because it could turn out to be worthy for this mod.

But let me remind you, with how much potential he has that lots of it are possible to implement and with how it's possible to put him over G&W, just that could warrant the immense effort in him that I'm sure will interest people.

With that in mind...

Thanks for reading and I hope that those votes will serve.

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Oh that's nice, now someone that doesn't even play PM can cast their votes while I have been blocked. Justice is a very funny, ironic thing. You know what, since no one ever explained the current voting situation so I could make effective character votes, I don't even know what votes would even make a difference anyway. There's only FIVE slots left, why is everyone acting like there's fifty?

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Oh that's nice, now someone that doesn't even play PM can cast their votes while I have been blocked. Justice is a very funny, ironic thing. You know what, since no one ever explained the current voting situation so I could make effective character votes, I don't even know what votes would even make a difference anyway. There's only FIVE slots left, why is everyone acting like there's fifty?
The problem is, you shouldn't be worried about making effective votes. The votes are for the characters you want to see in PM regardless of their chances. It's really a simple system.

And who knows, if Paper Mario happened to make it into the cast of PM All Stars someday, he might be interested in picking it up for the first time. That's the wonder of the clone engine, it can bring a bunch new players in just from a new character being announced that's never been in Smash before.

Relax a bit, and make some light discussion and speculation while discussing who your favorites are.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
The problem is, you shouldn't be worried about making effective votes. The votes are for the characters you want to see in PM regardless of their chances. It's really a simple system.

And who knows, if Paper Mario happened to make it into the cast of PM All Stars someday, he might be interested in picking it up for the first time. That's the wonder of the clone engine, it can bring a bunch new players in just from a new character being announced that's never been in Smash before.

Relax a bit, and make some light discussion and speculation while discussing who your favorites are.
Spoken like a true gentleman.

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice

So that means I can keep talking about Primid:baneling::demon::colorful:

But +1 to ninten and can I hear who I voted for already

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
+1 to Tetra because she's such a funny character in WindWaker. Amazing personality too.

+1 to Ninten, barely know who he is (starting EarthBound in a few days) but he looks cool, lol.

+1 to Paper Mario, unique moveset and Thousand-Year Door is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom