• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin F.

Smash Master
When she's the Shadow Queen she farts darkness, and I think in the Turbo Tuesdays finale it showed Peach Bomber with hearts again.

Really? That's awesome. I always saw the explosion as being an unnecessary cosmetic change, since the hearts fit her character better.

Also, Toad's a badass who eats darkness for breakfast - it just makes things that much sweeter for him. :laugh:

Are you suggesting Toad has something to do with side B? :pimp:

Well, those hearts sure are coming from somewhere. :awesome:

She can do hearts in PM if you hold up taunt or something.

Really? I need to try that now.

Edit: Huh. It works. Holding up-taunt when it hits changes it back to the hearts... I never knew that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So has support for Skull Kid risen in light of recent events? I mean he was never going to make it into Smash 4 anyway, but still.

chetchaka

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf / Black Shadow +1
An excellent idea, simultaneously adding a new representative character with an appropriate moveset, and reconstructing Ganondorf into a new character that's more true to the games.

Skapon +1
INCREDIBLY easy to model and animate, and very open to interpretation. Making this character would be fun, the moveset potential is huge (he can represent the entire cast of characters of the game he's from!), and he could even work in 2D in the same way as Mr. Game and Watch, should such a method be chosen.

King K. Rool -1
I just don't like the feeling this character gives off as a potential fighter. Also slightly complicated to work on, and doesn't give a unique feel... he's a pretty generic baddy as far as big bads go.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Incredibly easy to animate a character with disjointed limbs? Apparently I'm missing something here.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'm not sure Sukapon would be easy to animate. I think that his supporters are saying that because that was the case in his own game, where the robot fighters' floating body parts meant there was no need for excessive sprite work as long as the developers just animated the body parts flying around. But I don't think there's code in Brawl for that anywhere, so it would require some technical wizardry to happen.

But I DO want it to happen, which is why I upvoted him a while back. He looks so adorable ^_^

Malion

Smash Ace
for Young link I was thinking about that blast mask... what about a third jump involving the explosion... hitting up b makes him stall and equip the mask then whatever direction you are flicking the stick he is flung in that direction by the blast making his screaming noise from the games. lol.

It would be like a combo of Sheik's explosion jump and PK Thunder.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Alright, so, instead of having +1 to Isaac before, I would now like to give this to Skull Kid.
Also, +1/2 to Young Link in whatever form is popular.
+1/2 to Isaac

Yeah. Isaac certainly isn't in need of any full points at this point anyway.

More power to Skull Kid!

XRagingxDemonX

Smash Cadet
Ice bomb is from kirby. Squeak squad. Other than that idk. Ice bomb is awesome. It would serve for extta metagame. Instead of possible death from being to high up. Now you can die from a certain percentage if you dont break out fast enough. It can be a life saver for the wrong person. Plus if upclose, the self damaging aspect can harm yourself and have everyone end up frozen. Much bigger penalty if you are the only one frozen

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
As Promised, here's the moveset for Ray 01.

Ray 01

Height: Short, about Captain Olimar or Kirby
Weight: Pichu, Ultra fragile
Speed: Pikachu
Jump Height: Short, but 3-5 jumps and a glide (Metaknight?)
Strength: Slightly stronger than samus.

Moveset

A Moves are More or less the same as samus, Up and Side Smash converted to Charges

B:Fires a green laser with decent damage and a short stun (fox’s pistol), charged shots fire 3 rounds
Side B: Double Bomb, A quick moving bomb that bounces like Mario's Fireball. After a short distance it explodes then explodes one bounce forward a moment later. The second explosion is weaker, but has better knockback
Down B: Places a “Wave Pod”. It stays in place until attacked or Down B is pressed again, Second Down B has the Wave Pod explode with the explosion about as big as the bumper item. heavy knockback in all directions, but a short window for the explosion.
Up B: “Long Thrust Legs” Propels Ray In a direction a few seconds (Fox Fire)

Final Smash: Illegal Arms: Ray’s B Moves are transformed to their Illegal Part equivalents for a few seconds. Speed of all projectiles is similar to Charged Scope shot.

B: Wyvern Gun: Fires a Quick moving round of similar size to Samus’s Charge shot, Distinctive roar comes from the gun.
Side B: Hadron Bomb: Follows same movement pattern as Double Bomb. Upon reaching maximum distance, it explodes with a diameter approximately as large as DK. Explosion lasts 3 seconds.
Down B: Hadron Pod: Hadron Bomb’s explosion located on Ray. No Pod is created, No second click
Up B: Swallow Legs: Long Thrust’s movement, but with little to no startup. Targets caught in the path will be stunned similar to ZSS’s Charged Pistol.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Ice bomb is from kirby. Squeak squad. Other than that idk. Ice bomb is awesome. It would serve for extta metagame. Instead of possible death from being to high up. Now you can die from a certain percentage if you dont break out fast enough. It can be a life saver for the wrong person. Plus if upclose, the self damaging aspect can harm yourself and have everyone end up frozen. Much bigger penalty if you are the only one frozen
I believe Bomberman Jetters had some form of ice bomb. I know for sure he ha had a Water bomb in that game too.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So guys. Has anyone considered WHY Skull Kid was announced as an assist trophy? Majora's Mask HD Remake anyone???

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Hmmm, I've been thinking about making a moveset for Micaiah or Ephraim since making that Hector moveset was kinda fun.
Yay or nay?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I can understand ChronoBound's stance of wanting characters from series that don't have a lot of rep, to be honest.
To clarify, my stance is not to give series an extra character "just because" they are lacking characters compared to many other popular series, but rather, those series (Metroid and DK) are incredibly deserving of newcomers since they are both incredibly popular series that are both lacking some of their most popular and prominent characters among the playable cast (Ridley for Metroid, Dixie Kong and K. Rool for DK).

I also make a similar argument for series not included yet in Smash Bros. with a playable character. Mii and Punch-Out will both likely get playable characters in Smash 4, but Golden Sun and Advance Wars probably won't. Golden Sun and Advance Wars are both popular and beloved long running series that Nintendo has, so Isaac and Sami/Andy would be welcome additions among the Project M cast.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I think it's on everyone's mind, but honestly a 3ds release seems more likely.
If that's the case, I wont buy it. I'm more of a console guy. I can't really afford to blow money on handhelds AND home consoles.

Anyways... character idea. I noticed no one was talking about Ashley from Trace Memory. Is it a bad game or am I missing something?

XRagingxDemonX

Smash Cadet
But there's never been an ice bomb in anything remotely related to Zelda.
Your point?? We are talking about someone who has less than a 50/50 chance of making it according to previous posts. Please give me something better, or related to zelda that isnt a deku nut. It blows on inpact and stuns non shielding opponents. Id rather a bomb b/c if they shield it will still be out there. I incorperated the ice feature b/c of the fact he has an ice arrow. Though in game it never happened, but kirby never shot forward with the cutter... That was welcomed with praise. So obviously if it seems like such character would be able to do it b/c the technology is there, then the pmbr might do it. Those kind of statements are pointless when it is about something that falls in line with what the PMBR has done, or nintendo.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Your point?? We are talking about someone who has less than a 50/50 chance of making it according to previous posts. Please give me something better, or related to zelda that isnt a deku nut. It blows on inpact and stuns non shielding opponents. Id rather a bomb b/c if they shield it will still be out there. I incorperated the ice feature b/c of the fact he has an ice arrow. Though in game it never happened, but kirby never shot forward with the cutter... That was welcomed with praise. So obviously if it seems like such character would be able to do it b/c the technology is there, then the pmbr might do it. Those kind of statements are pointless when it is about something that falls in line with what the PMBR has done, or nintendo.
Or they could just use a normal bomb? What would be the point in making up and coding an ice bomb, which has never existed in anything but Kirby, when they could stick with Young Link's standard bomb, which works best for Young Link's game and would probably be preferred by the people who want Melee's Young Link back?

Also, I'm pretty sure his forward cutter is a reference to a different move he has with cutter.

XRagingxDemonX

Smash Cadet
Or they could just use a normal bomb? What would be the point in making up and coding an ice bomb, which has never existed in anything but Kirby, when they could stick with Young Link's standard bomb, which works best for Young Link's game and would probably be preferred by the people who want Melee's Young Link back?

Also, I'm pretty sure his forward cutter is a reference to a different move he has with cutter.
It isnt. The cutter never moves forward like that. Cutter is actually a boomerang, but it has the final cutter feater up close. I've played the games. So what i said still stands. Also, i added that b/c there are already 2 other regular bombs and young link wont have fire arrow b/c it would he just a waste for young and toon link to both have it. Also, are you the voice of everyone who wants young link back?? Its not official?? Then please speak for youself b/c this is a discussion thread not a "we the people" thread. I was just throwing the idea around to see what everyone thinks about it. So far all you have said is it doesnt exist. If it did would you like it or not?? Thats what i wanted to know, obviously ive stated that i know it doesnt exist. Ty captain obvious.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It isnt. The cutter never moves forward like that. Cutter is actually a boomerang, but it has the final cutter feater up close. I've played the games. So what i said still stands. Also, i added that b/c there are already 2 other regular bombs and young link wont have fire arrow b/c it would he just a waste for young and toon link to both have it. Also, are you the voice of everyone who wants young link back?? Its not official?? Then please speak for youself b/c this is a discussion thread not a "we the people" thread. I was just throwing the idea around to see what everyone thinks about it. So far all you have said is it doesnt exist. If it did would you like it or not?? Thats what i wanted to know, obviously ive stated that i know it doesnt exist. Ty captain obvious.
Yes, I've also played Kirby Superstar. I know cutter is a boomerang. -_- But that's a move he has; pretty sure it's his dash attack with cutter. Nice try though.

No, I'm not the voice of everyone who wants Young Link back. I don't want Young Link back; I think Toon Link is better than Young Link could ever hope to be. But I've noticed the people who want Young Link back want him back because Toon Link doesn't play enough like the character they knew. Which is why changing his bomb up, possibly the single most important move he has, is a wonderful way to alienate the people who want him to return.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'm going to step in and talk about weapon usage for a second.

A weapon is a weapon, The ability to use techniques with a weapon is entirely dependent on the physical capabilities of a character unless the weapon specifically grants someone power. The weapon itself can only do what it is capable of.

Kirby's ability to move forward with the cutter is entirely dependent on whether or not he would be able to do this physically. I think it's safe to say that Kirby has the physical capabilities to manage this.

Now a bomb is a weapon with an explosion. Since they are sticking to Link using his available weapons from his games they stuck with normal bombs. To use ice bombs, something that hasn't existed in any legend of zelda game is something that is probably seen as unprofessional by the PMBR. Not to say that it's a bad idea though.

Ice arrows would be a much better choice.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I'm not sure Sukapon would be easy to animate. But I don't think there's code in Brawl for that anywhere, so it would require some technical wizardry to happen.
There doesn't need to be a code, it would simply be a part of her model.
The ease comes from the fact that the animator wouldn't have to worry about muscles and proportions and stuff. The difficulty comes from the fact that for the most part she actually would have to be animated, rather than porting animations. But more ease comes from the fact that her animations are just transitions between different poses, and those poses (as well as basic stuff like ladder interactions) could be taken from any character. But more difficulty comes from making those animations readable.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
There doesn't need to be a code, it would simply be a part of her model.
The ease comes from the fact that the animator wouldn't have to worry about muscles and proportions and stuff. The difficulty comes from the fact that for the most part she actually would have to be animated, rather than porting animations. But more ease comes from the fact that her animations are just transitions between different poses, and those poses (as well as basic stuff like ladder interactions) could be taken from any character. But more difficulty comes from making those animations readable.

I was thinking about your calling Skapon a "she," so I just searched up the name in Japanese and came across the Japanese Wikipedia entry for JMF. It refers to him as a "he." It's not a primary source, but I'd think since they'd have access to all the sources, if there was anything that referred to him as a "she," it would've reflected on the entry.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87

XRagingxDemonX

Smash Cadet
I'm going to step in and talk about weapon usage for a second.

A weapon is a weapon, The ability to use techniques with a weapon is entirely dependent on the physical capabilities of a character unless the weapon specifically grants someone power. The weapon itself can only do what it is capable of.

Kirby's ability to move forward with the cutter is entirely dependent on whether or not he would be able to do this physically. I think it's safe to say that Kirby has the physical capabilities to manage this.

Now a bomb is a weapon with an explosion. Since they are sticking to Link using his available weapons from his games they stuck with normal bombs. To use ice bombs, something that hasn't existed in any legend of zelda game is something that is probably seen as unprofessional by the PMBR. Not to say that it's a bad idea though.

Ice arrows would be a much better choice.
Which my statement about technology. Does an ice arrow explode on impact?? Or does it merely pierce the opponent?? Ice cant explode on its own. So if an ice arrow explodes or freezes.things, the technology for an explosion that feezes its surroundings is there. Just like mr. Freeze does. So why cant he compact that same substance into a bomb for a bigger radius explosion?? I know the person can do w/e with a weapon, but since you wanna get technical, ice will only pierce things not freeze them.

XRagingxDemonX

Smash Cadet
Yes, I've also played Kirby Superstar. I know cutter is a boomerang. -_- But that's a move he has; pretty sure it's his dash attack with cutter. Nice try though.

No, I'm not the voice of everyone who wants Young Link back. I don't want Young Link back; I think Toon Link is better than Young Link could ever hope to be. But I've noticed the people who want Young Link back want him back because Toon Link doesn't play enough like the character they knew. Which is why changing his bomb up, possibly the single most important move he has, is a wonderful way to alienate the people who want him to return.
The dash attack doesnt look like that and he is literally doing the final cutter sideways without the slamming animation.

What if he gets a taunt that changes the bomb properties like samus?? Or holding A brings out ice instead. Plus, the bomb is not the difference between the two, its everything else. They already have to give up the fire arrow, so why not a change or an addition that doesnt change his playstyle just what they will do seeing an explosion...

Since you arent the voice stop talking for them then. I want young link back and hate toon link. Yet im the one suggesting this aspect. So please, obviously if someone is bringing up points about a character they may want them to be brought in. So already your statement about the bomb isnt completely valid esp since you dislike him.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Those are not the same Mega Men. Each series' Mega Man is a separate character: X, MegaMan.exe/Rockman.exe, and Megaman Volnutt/Rock Volnutt
I know, I don`t even know what that post was actually about but I wanted to show that (technically) newer models of Megaman look different then Megaman.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I know, I don`t even know what that post was actually about but I wanted to show that (technically) newer models of Megaman look different then Megaman.

Yeah, and I'm saying they're not even "Mega Man," so you can't call them models. When I said Mega Man has looked the same, I mean the classic Mega Man from the classic series. Among Mega Man fans, it's pretty unambiguous that "Mega Man" means that Mega Man. You refer to the others by their name (X, MegaMan.exe, and Mega Man Volnutt, respectively). Video games themselves follow this trend too. In Tatsunoko vs Capcom, they have Megaman Volnutt and refer to him as such, rather than Mega Man.

The only change that Mega Man has gotten that I'm aware of is his Powered Up! form, which I doubt they'd go with, and is more of a style change than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom