• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Mii!

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Whats the point of playing with Miis made by others? I've fought plenty of Adolf Hitlers on Super Mario Strikers Charged Football. The point of the Miis is so you can play as yourself. Obviously it will be abused, but every feature will. And once they concentrate on making sure that it won't happen, loads of fun will be cut of for those people and for people that don't do that at all. They could be spending time on adding MORE features, instead of removing features.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
The Miis are a good idea and to smooth out the controversy, get over it. The last thing we need is some lunatic mother to freak out over seeing a Jesus Mii and try to sue Nintendo so she can pay for her kids college education. I say, toughen up. The Miis are not meant to offend anybody and they do not have any sort of meaning behind them. If YOU get offended, let the person burn in Hell. Its their problem, just let it be.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
No I am just saying that perhaps they can be an option that if a mommy doesn't want her kids to see Adolf Hitler or Jesus or Muhammad online, they should have an option to mask all the faces of the Miis (from the player side) so they can't see them, instead it could be replaced with a Sakurai face or Purple wireframe face or something.

But the other players who don't have that feature can see the Mii as it really is. Or at least have an option to ban Miis when you're looking for a game, but other people (who will prolly be the majority) will allow themselves to play against Miis and see who they are. I am sure it'd be fun to beat up Ghandi or Chuck Norris using Solid Snake or something like that.

Just don't make the Miis too powerful that they overpower non-Mii characters. And also, please keep the fatness and height, perhaps you can still make them all the same speed and attack range and hitboxes even if you still allow heights and fatness anyways there is no advantage or penalty for headshots or anything so it'd be fine.

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
I want to be in Brawl!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you angry at someone? Why not beat them up? Well, if Miis were in Brawl, you could do almost anything! Make a Mii of yourself and the person you want to beat up! Make him a level one, and there! Or, have a wrestling match with your brother without without touching him! Mabey you want to see someone other than your main beating up pickachu, such as yourself! Now, lets get to buisness.

Miis have been a big hit for Wii, so why not put them in Brawl? They could have moves such as these:

Up special: I had trouble thinking of this one, but here it is. In Wii Play, there is this weird mini-game called Mii Pose. Your Mii is floating around while bubbles are faling down all around you. You need to fit your Mii into the bubbles by twisting and moving the Wii remote around. But, each bubble has a different pose on it, and the only way the Mii will fit in the bubble if you are doing the correct pose. I THINK that to change your pose by pressing B and A on the wii-mote. So anyway, your B up would be your Mii doing some random pose floating upward in a buble. It would obviously be used for recovery.

Standard Special: The Mii would roll a bowling ball at you. It would go fairly fast, and would do some damge. When it hits you, bowling balls would come out of you, similiar to Mario's up special, when coins randomly come out of your body and disappear.

Side Special: My favorite game in Wii Play was tanks. Your Mii could drop a tank on the ground, and it was go forward, shooting. It would be similiar to the advanced wars assist trophy. Mabey you could even control it, with the risk of your Mii being attacked while doing so. Who knows?

Down Special: The first thing I did when I bought my Wii on Christmas morning (other than making a Mii) was playing boxing. Mabey the Mii would put on boxing gloves, and all of his standard moves would be improved. He would probably use a different fighting style than his regular standard moves. But, you cannot grab or use special moves when wearing gloves.

You could also have the tank be made the down speical, the boxing gloves be a smash attack, where you just have your Mii punch very hard, and have the Side special be tihs:

Side Special: In Wii Play, there is a mini-game where you do this weird, cow racing thing. Well, your Mii could charge at your enemy on a cow. it would have quite alot of knockback when hit. Before you charge, your cow would load up and charge a short distance, similiar to falcon punch.

Smash Attacks: These could include a baseball bat, since Ness is out, a golf clubs and a tennis racket, along with the boxing gloves. The only problem is that Peach already has smash attacks like this.

FINAL SMASH: You will be rampaged by every Mii in your Mii Plaza. It will not be like King Dedede's, because they won't walk of the screen until the final smash is no longer in effect. They will pound on you and stuff like that. Don't worry! Not all of the Mii's will come out at once. You can fight back agianst the Mii's, but if you beat one, it gets replaced by another one. The final smash will probably remain in effect for 30 seconds. The amount of Mii's on screen at a time will vary by the size of the stage. If you only have 1 or 2Mii on your Mii Plaza, will only 1 or 2 Miis rampage? Not at all! Default Mii's will run across the screen instead.

Stage: The stage would be the Mii plaza. There would be several platforms on the screen. In the background, you will see Miis you've made, or default miis talking, singing, or sleeping in the background (like they do in the regular Mii plaza).

What if you have NO Miis on your Mii Channel. If this is so, the place on the character selection screen where the Mii should go will have a question mark, or the square won't be there at all, as if it's an unlockable.

So, I think that a Mii could be a fun and interesting character. Those were just some ideas I had. Post your opinions!

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I like CHAOSDRAGON88's idea of them replacing wireframes in classic mode... But if they do get in, I think that how strong your mii is should be determined by your Mii Artisan ranking on the Check-Mii-Out channel

raul

Smash Lord
The Miis are a good idea and to smooth out the controversy, get over it. The last thing we need is some lunatic mother to freak out over seeing a Jesus Mii and try to sue Nintendo so she can pay for her kids college education. I say, toughen up. The Miis are not meant to offend anybody and they do not have any sort of meaning behind them. If YOU get offended, let the person burn in Hell. Its their problem, just let it be.
Agreed. If someone actually gets offended, let's burn that person alive. On a side note, I have made a Jesus Christ and Hitler mii, so ha!

I could accept that.
Yeah I could see that happening.

I want to be in Brawl!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you angry at someone? Why not beat them up? Well, if Miis were in Brawl, you could do almost anything! Make a Mii of yourself and the person you want to beat up! Make him a level one, and there! Or, have a wrestling match with your brother without without touching him! Mabey you want to see someone other than your main beating up pickachu, such as yourself! Now, lets get to buisness.

Miis have been a big hit for Wii, so why not put them in Brawl? They could have moves such as these:

Up special: I had trouble thinking of this one, but here it is. In Wii Play, there is this weird mini-game called Mii Pose. Your Mii is floating around while bubbles are faling down all around you. You need to fit your Mii into the bubbles by twisting and moving the Wii remote around. But, each bubble has a different pose on it, and the only way the Mii will fit in the bubble if you are doing the correct pose. I THINK that to change your pose by pressing B and A on the wii-mote. So anyway, your B up would be your Mii doing some random pose floating upward in a buble. It would obviously be used for recovery.

Standard Special: The Mii would roll a bowling ball at you. It would go fairly fast, and would do some damage. When it hits you, BOWLING PINS would come out of you, similiar to Mario's up special, when coins randomly come out of your body and disappear.

Side Special: My favorite game in Wii Play was tanks. Your Mii could drop a tank on the ground, and it was go forward, shooting. It would be similiar to the advanced wars assist trophy. Maybe you could even control it, with the risk of your Mii being attacked while doing so. Who knows? --Sounds alot like Fox's Final Smash.

Down Special: The first thing I did when I bought my Wii on Christmas morning (other than making a Mii) was playing boxing. Maybe the Mii would put on boxing gloves, and all of his standard moves would be improved. He would probably use a different fighting style than his regular standard moves. But, you cannot grab or use special moves when wearing gloves. --I like that idea. Incorporates Wii Boxing basically.

You could also have the tank be made the down speical, the boxing gloves be a smash attack, where you just have your Mii punch very hard, and have the Side special be tihs:

Side Special: In Wii Play, there is a mini-game where you do this weird, cow racing thing. Well, your Mii could charge at your enemy on a cow. it would have quite alot of knockback when hit. Before you charge, your cow would load up and charge a short distance, similiar to falcon punch.

Smash Attacks: These could include a baseball bat, since Ness is out, a golf clubs and a tennis racket, along with the boxing gloves. The only problem is that Peach already has smash attacks like this. --True, so incorporate stuff from Wii Play: Trap a player in a bubble, use a pool cue and smash a cue ball at a player, use the neon air hockey stuff, but keep the golf driver, boxing gloves, and baseball bats.

FINAL SMASH: You will be rampaged by every Mii in your Mii Plaza. It will not be like King Dedede's, because they won't walk of the screen until the final smash is no longer in effect. They will pound on you and stuff like that. Don't worry! Not all of the Mii's will come out at once. You can fight back agianst the Mii's, but if you beat one, it gets replaced by another one. The final smash will probably remain in effect for 30 seconds. The amount of Mii's on screen at a time will vary by the size of the stage. If you only have 1 or 2Mii on your Mii Plaza, will only 1 or 2 Miis rampage? Not at all! Default Mii's will run across the screen instead.

Stage: The stage would be the Mii plaza. There would be several platforms on the screen. In the background, you will see Miis you've made, or default miis talking, singing, or sleeping in the background (like they do in the regular Mii plaza). ----Why not make the stage some of the places in Wii Sports? After x amount of time in each place, the characters would shift to the baseball field, then to the bowling alley, the tennis court, the boxing ring, etc.

What if you have NO Miis on your Mii Channel. If this is so, the place on the character selection screen where the Mii should go will have a question mark, or the square won't be there at all, as if it's an unlockable.

So, I think that a Mii could be a fun and interesting character. Those were just some ideas I had. Post your opinions!
Overall, I like it. My comments are in blue.

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
i liked the wii sports stage comment you made in blue. the baseball field, boxing arena, bowling alley, tennis court, golf course idea was great.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Wait... I'll quote it here...

EDIT:

Miis are just a novelty. A gimmick. "Oh yeah, let's pit my Grandma, King Ganonidas, Darth Vader and Harry Potter all against each other!" What makes this battle lame is: 1. They will all look crappy and 2. They will all have the same moves! What's so exciting about seeing Eva Longoria battle against Mario when she's using (probably) bowling balls, bats, or maybe even riding cows, when nothing like that represents her in real life? It's the kind of thing you could be excited about, but then you get bored of it eventually. I mean, Luke Skywalker without a lightsaber? Meh.

Stablished characters for Brawl.

(Sorry for this rant in the Geno thread)
It is a bit agressive, but that's because of the context. What I mean to say is, I wouldn't want Mii in Brawl duking it out against Mario with a Bowling ball. And, let's face it, there's no way they'll make Miis fight with CDs, Keybards, and Tori Amos references, which would represent me.

Furthermore, what's so great about Chuck Norris vs. Luke Skywalker when Chuck can't use the roundhouse kick and Luke can't use his lightsaber? It's just meh.

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
Miis and movesets conflicts

miis would all have the same moveset. they would just look different, thats all. miis have been so popualur, and will probably be used in future nintendo consoles too. this would make miis even more popular. and plus, dont you want to see YOURSELF in brawl? with the same moveset as all of the other miis, of course.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
miis would all have the same moveset. they would just look different, thats all. miis have been so popualur, and will probably be used in future nintendo consoles too. this would make miis even more popular. and plus, dont you want to see YOURSELF in brawl? with the same moveset as all of the other miis, of course.
No. I can only change [the mii's] appearance, and even then, to an incredibly limited degree. All the mii offers is the chance to put something that looks like me in the game, not me. I know that I, personally, would not feel anymore a part of the Smash universe than I do now because I would not be able to make the mii fight like me, sound like me, taunt the way I would, etc. I'd be controlling a character that basically just has my haircut (actually, not even that, since my haircut isn't even in the hair style list for the Miis!), with none of the character devolpement and personality that all the other nintendo characters offer. Why would I want to play as something that boring? I would not feel like I'd be playing as myself. I'd feel like I'm playing a human that can't throw fireballs, can't use magic, can't do anything creative or interesting.
My opinion.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I honestly see nothing wrong with Miis being in Brawl. But I'm not going to have a heart attack if they're not. I will just put one silent sigh. And make myself smile by saying "Well, at least I got Sonic"

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I would disappointed if they didn't have any Miis in Brawl as playable characters. I am still going to buy Brawl of course but it just seems like lost opportunity on Sakurai's part to add such an innovative feature since many Wii games try to incorporate Miis in some form.

I doesn't even need to be that you have to play the Mii, you can play whatever character you want like Sonic or Snake or Ike and beat up Ghandi if you wanted to.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I always thought that if we could add our Miis to Brawl, we should be able to customize their movesets with the already existing ones.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
No. Bad idea. Miis should represent the games they come from, just like other character.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I would think that Miis wouldn't be that hard to implement. Just have a Mii as part of the selection and choose which Mii you want it to look like. No change in movesets whatsoever, and you're done.

Or have Miis only in a certain mode. And have them not touch any other mode. And to avoid much controversy, no Miis in Online.

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
I would think that Miis wouldn't be that hard to implement. Just have a Mii as part of the selection and choose which Mii you want it to look like. No change in movesets whatsoever, and you're done.

Or have Miis only in a certain mode. And have them not touch any other mode. And to avoid much controversy, no Miis in Online.
I agree with having them only in certain modes.They would not fit in Adventure mode.

P.S. New final smash for Miis if they make it.

Final smash: Mii Parade-a bunch of random Miis come in and start parading and trampling all opponents in the parade's path.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah the miiparade is the most common suggestion for a final smash and I for one think its fitting, but hope he gets something better...

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't think of a better Final Smash than Mii Parade. What do you want, a bunch of cows running across the screen instead or a bunch of mini-tanks shooting everywhere?

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Listen to me,i want Miis to be in brawl! if Miis are in brawl,then everyone we wanted is in brawl! you name it lets say George Bush vs Mario! Stone cold steve austin vs Sonic! Chuck Norris vs Snake! Miis are awesome to the wii so Miis should be unlockble and the moveset is probably editedble using Brawl character moves!

PLEEASE GOD! I WANT MIIS IN BRAWL SO BAD!

Patinator

Smash Champion
Moveset Completed!

I got my moveset done! Actually, it's been done for a while, but um... I was lazy. Here it is!

Patinator Mii Moveset: Patent Pending (LOL)

Stats (Of 10):

Weight: Varies. You choose the bulkiness of your Mii on the Mii Channel; this is of course kept when you use a Mii in Brawl.

Height: Varies. The same as weight.

Strength: 5 of 10. Mii’s will be even more balanced then Mario, if my moveset goes right.

Fall Speed: 5 of 10.

Overall Comboability: 6 of 10. The Mii has weak moves for its Neutral A’s, Tilts, and throws, but its other moves are on the strong side.

Overall Damage: 4 of 10. In exchange for above-average knockback on a few moves, some of the others have lower-than-average damage.

Walk Speed: 3 of 10.

Dash Speed: 7 of 10. While the Mii’s walk is casual, its dash is fast due to it being usable in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

I believe if you add those up and divide them by eight, you come up with an even 5, except for the weight and height.

Moveset

Neutral A attack: Double Punch. The Mii, wearing boxing gloves (Which automatically appear in one frame), punches once, or twice if you tap A twice. 2% for the first punch, three for the second.

Tilts

Forward Tilt: Uppercut. The Mii, using its gloves again, performs a rather long-range uppercut attack. 4-7%. Moderate forward knockback, between slow and fast. Mario’s F-Tilt has about equal speed.

Up Tilt: Serve. The Mii throws a tennis ball upwards, having a bit more range than Bowser’s Up Tilt in Melee. 3-7%. Low knockback, somewhat slow.

Down Tilt: Putt. The Mii swings the Putter club (HARD.) in front of itself, with range equal to Falco’s Down Tilt in Melee. 9-12%, moderate knockback. Moderate speed.

Smashes

Forward Smash: Home-Run Swing. The Mii (Optional, of course.) charges up power, then swings powerfully with a baseball bat. Moderately-high range, high knockback. Much like Ness’ F-Smash in Melee, speed-wise. 12-23%.

Up Smash: Bowling Ball Loft. The Mii (Again, optional.) charges a bowling ball behind its legs, then throws it straight up. You can move again once the ball is at the peak of the throw. Rather high range for an Up-Smash, and high upwards knockback.

Note that, like Ness’ yo-yos, the bowling ball causes slight damage and knockback while charging. 2% during charge, 12-26% during actual attack.

Down Smash: Random Golf Club. The Mii strikes with the other three clubs: Iron, Wedge, and Driver. All have equal speed, which is moderate. It is a random selection.

The Iron has the most damage and lowest knockback, although all are moderately strong. 14-27%, somewhat low knockback.

The Wedge is the middle of all three. 12-25%, moderate knockback.

The Driver has, of course, the most knockback, but you have a slightly lower chance of getting it. 11-24%, somewhat high knockback.

Specials

Neutral Special: Shotgun Blast. The Mii shoots with the shotgun from Wii Play (Although without real bullets and a more cartoony look, of course.). It has as much range as Samus’ Melee Smash Missiles. 10%, moderate forward knockback. You can continuously shoot, although not like a machine gun. Press L/R/Z to resume your normal standing position.

Side Special: Power Shot. The Mii lofts up a tennis ball and performs the power shot technique from Wii Tennis with a racket. The ball shoots forward, harming anyone in its way, leaving a trail of smoke. The ball continues until it hits the ground twice. 15%, high-moderate upwards knockback.

Down Special: Bowl. The Mii charges up a bowling ball behind it, taking a maximum of three and a half seconds. By letting go of B, it releases the ball, causing it to either rocket forward upon a full charge, or slowly roll upon a no-charge. Very low to high forward-upwards knockback. Damage per charge listed below.

Up Special: Mii Grab. The hand from Mii Channel, with a number corresponding to your controller number, lifts the Mii up. While the hand appears (During which the Mii is immobile and has Super Armor), you tilt the control stick in the direction you want to go, with up being default. Has about as much range as Lucas’ PK Thunder.

No charge: 5%.

Almost no charge to quarter charge: 6-9%.

Quarter to half charge: 10-13%.

Half to three-fourths charge: 14-17%.

Between ¾ and full: 17-20%.

Full charge: 22-25%.

Mii: Final Smash

Tanks!

One of the games you use Mii’s in is called Wii Play. One such level is called Tanks, where you control a tank, trying to destroy enemy tanks.

We’ve utilized this for when your Mii gets a Smash Ball.

(Picture: A male Mii which looks like Sakurai having red and gold eyes, on New Pork City’s left most part)

(Picture: The Mii climbing into the tank from Wii Play)
It climbs into the tank…

(Picture: A missile being fired forward)
And now, YOU control it!

You can press the B button to fire a missile, press Forward B to fire a fast, powerful rocket, or press A to lay down a mine.

(Picture: A mine exploding, hitting Mario, and a missile hitting King Dedede)
This is a deadly weapon!

However, if the tank takes enough damage, it blows up, resulting in you losing one life or point, depending on the mode.

(Picture: The tank exploding, and the Mii losing a stock)
Aww… So sad…

(LOL, I went all DOJO!! on you all.)

Grab/Jab/Throws

Grab: The Mii holds out a Wii Remote in front of him, which allows him to grab anyone within his grab range, which is a lot like Mario’s.

Jab: A simple punch. 2%.

Forward throw: The Mii jabs forward with the Remote, making the victim go forward. 7-10%, medium knockback.

Back throw: The Mii moves the Remote in an upwards semi-circle to behind its back, making the foe fly backwards, like Ness’ back throw in Melee. 5-7%, medium high knockback, although slightly higher than forward throw.

Up throw: The Mii jabs upwards, making the captured foe go upwards. Duh. 10-12%, medium knockback.

Down throw: The Mii traces a small eight on the ground, dragging the victim along the path, then following with a weak lift-up. 10-14%, slightly backwards, but mostly low-moderate upwards knockback. Good for chain throwing.

lol uberlong post

How'd I do? Critique/comment/flame if you want! Err, omit that last part. ;)

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
I KNOW WHAT THE FINAL SMASH IS! since the moveset may be customizable and you can use Mario moves,link moves,i guess it is fair to put someone elses final smash,lets see the Mii get into Super Sonic! and Wario Man! but either customizable Final Smash like Create a fatality from Mortal Kombat Armeggdedon or Mii Parade, this is how Mii should be on the character select:

See the mii icon?you press it and you choose a Mii that you have entered ,there must be a mode where you register the miis and put moves and final smashes.How about in the options menu there is a Register Mii mode? you get in,you miis display and you choose which one you want to register to the game,after you make his moves or such,you go to the character select press on Mii icon and you choose that character,maybe the moveset should be like Mokujin from Tekken,he has random moves,but that will suck,imagine stuck with a boring character move! i like customizable characters better,NOW LETS MAKE SURE MII GETS IN BRAWL!

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
I KNOW WHAT THE FINAL SMASH IS! since the moveset may be customizable and you can use Mario moves,link moves,i guess it is fair to put someone elses final smash,lets see the Mii get into Super Sonic! and Wario Man! but either customizable Final Smash like Create a fatality from Mortal Kombat Armeggdedon or Mii Parade, this is how Mii should be on the character select:

they should put a Mii icon in the rear of the character select,and you can play as your Miis there,but not all your Miis are in that icon,you gotta first register them,lets say brawl has a register Mii mode where you register a mii ,give moves and etc. and you can play him in the game,you can even change attributes! make his moves strong or weak,Dr.Mario or Normal Mario!,change the speed,strength,stamina and ofcoarse stance,you can put other final smashes,so its a fully customizable character!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
^

The funny thing is... When I woke up today, I thought of that idea...

But seriously, if this happens, it'll kill Brawl...

You won't be fighting Videogame icons anymore.. just a buncha random people's Miis. And that would suck. =/

It's best for the Mii to be his/her own character, with a solid moveset. A random Final Smash wouldn't be bad though.. (except Zero Suit Mii)

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Listen to me,i want Miis to be in brawl! if Miis are in brawl,then everyone we wanted is in brawl! you name it lets say George Bush vs Mario! Stone cold steve austin vs Sonic! Chuck Norris vs Snake! Miis are awesome to the wii so Miis should be unlockble and the moveset is probably editedble using Brawl character moves!

PLEEASE GOD! I WANT MIIS IN BRAWL SO BAD!
I also thought of this idea, but as someone said, that would take the uniqueness away from the other characters. Although It's still not a bad idea to have if they were Miis in the game, but I guess them having their own solid moveset would be better. :ohwell:

SonicMario

Smash Master
They could just easily put Miis in a certain mode. Have them unplayable on online. That way Hardcore players can enjoy Online without seeing n00b Mii players. Not like there won't be a common amount of characters (One of the only things that will make me happy even if I can't connect to Wi-Fi: Not having to mess with all the Sonic & Meta Knight n00bs. I'd rather play as Sonic and fight different types of people instead)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm starting to like the concept of having Miis in Brawl... a LOT.

Hope they're mostly based off Wii sports. :p

.. But some moves might collide with Peach's and Ness/Lucas...

So my idea is to focus all his ground attacks on Wii Boxing.. his aerials on Wii Tennis,

Grabbing:
UP.- Serve (throws them up and hits with raquet)
Sides.- Curl opponents into balls, and throws them like Bowling balls.
Down.- Nails opponent on the ground, and hits with Golf Putt

Special Attacks could be based on the other Wii titles, maybe the winter sports titles coming soon.. throwing baseballs, actual bowling balls, etc.

Final Smash could either be Mii Parade, a Random Final Smash, etc.

Their symbol would obviously be ''Wii''

I can picture the Miis being the final unlockables. :)

Top Bottom