• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challengers! Fire Emblem's Robin and Lucina, Featuring Captain Falcon

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
The newcomers are great, but I'm just happy Falcon was confirmed. He's probably my 2nd favorite smash character ever.

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon? Robin!?

CRASHBOARDS CAN'T HANDLE THE HYPE

Oh also Lucina or whatever. Nice counter. Nice dolphin slash. Nice dancing blade.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
From what I see in the last part, looks like Chrom is only accessed through the Final Smash of Robin. So he's more than likely not playable.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
The way i see it, Lucina is an alternate costume for Marth (seeing she doesn't have the big newcomer screen on the website) And Chrom is part of the Final Smash from Robin. Was not expecting this. Weird that Lucina does have a small screen though, IF she's an alternate costume.. P.S. THE FALCON IS BACK!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Lucina isn't mentioned as a Newcomer until you look at her page on the Smashbros website. I don't think she's a costume for Marth, but it's possible, I guess, but I don't see a character's costume getting its own character page with the "newcomer" label.

Also, gematsu isn't "deconfirmed" yet. Sal's leaker could have gotten a picture of Chrom, which does make an appearance in the game, and probably mistook him as a playable character, if Chrom isn't. Gematsu is only deconfirmed when the Chorus Men are deconfirmed.

EDIT: Oh, the post was changed. Yeah, I don't think Costumes would get their own character page :/

Last edited:

MaxiGamer™

Smash Rookie
NNID
MaxiGamer_WiiU
3DS FC
2277-7347-9365
Only excited for Capt. Falcon. I don't even know who these people are. I could do a research on them, though!

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Expects Chrom, gets Lucina. Honestly I would have loved Chrom more, or at least Chrom becoming a skin for Lucina.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Wow, way to stick it to the Gematsu leak Sakurai (not once, but twice!) And who saw a Captain Falcon confirmation coming at the same time?! The wait for October just became a lot more interesting :D

Edit: Sure, I'd have loved to have seen Chrom playable, but Robin's moveset is probably more diverse than anything that they could have come up with for Chrom, not to mention we also got Lucina, so I think the trade off was more than fair.

Last edited:

Tiptup

Smash Cadet
I gained more hype about the return of Captain Falcon, despite not maining him, he is pretty much the mascot for Smash brothers

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
I think Lucina is her own character, possible a heavily modified clone of Marth, like Wolf or Lucas, but still her own select-able character. But I think the real reason she doesn't have her own "newcomer bar" is because she is featured prominently in Robin's newcomer artwork. It would be redundant to fill up so much space with the same piece of art.

NNID
Majorasmask66
for people that think lucina is just a costume, i doubt it cause shes got her own slot. the reason she doesnt have a special picture like all newcomers is because...well...she does. its robins pic thats also lucina pic. but she does seem like a clone though...but that hasnt stopped people from wanting roy in the game...maybe lucina will be like melee marth and marth in ssb4 who was confirmed to have changed alot will be the new style? dont know.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I'm willing to bet Chrom is an alternate or Final Smash. We FE fans finally get some recognition! :D

So Robin's attacks have limits (can use a tome so many times) before he switches elements. I guess when he runs out... he loses specials?

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace

Why does Lucina get a veteran square? She looked like she played alot like Marth, is she a clone/costume?

So. That Arwing.

Last edited:

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
Just when I was starting to give up hope on Captain Falcon (and when I started thinking Little Mac as my main), they throw this on me.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I think Lucina might be a Marth costume. She doesn't get a full Newcomer block on the page (but she gets a veteran-sized block), and her animations all matched his. I think she got a spot on the page still because she is, indeed, a new character even if she's technically a costume for a veteran.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm very confused. I see Lucina plays a lot like Marth, and she has her own page and is listed as a newcomer, but she has the small veteran box and wasn't posted about on Miiverse like Robin and Captain Falcon.

Well, good to see them all! I knew Captain Falcon would be back. And it looks like Chrom is part of Robin's final smash.

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
Damn Sakurai trolled us really hard. Still hope Shulk will be playable.
But I really enjoyed FE:Awakening. It's nice to see Lucina and Robin be playable.

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
My heart. . . I didn't know I would miss Chrom this much, although Ronin is awesome!!!!!

This is making me question if Shulk will be in the game though :/

#ripchrom :)

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
According to the very deformed website that I ACTUALLY GOT ONTO because the servers were crammed, Chrom and Lucina are the same character (different costumes) and not clones of Marth! Also, I just wan to say that Lucina fighting Falcon was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
No they aren't Chrom is Part of Robin's Final Smash and Lucina is a character to herself. She even has her own character picture on the website, Chrom Doesn't.

Malion

Smash Ace
I can't wait to do team battles with Robin and another character.
Get really good playing those two characters together... Robin has a fun time battling with this other character. Things get really intense.

NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

It's Morgan!

Only they have the hair colour of the person Robin double battled with all this time!

Imagine. Mario hair on Morgan, Link hair on Morgan... Peach... Bowser... Sonic hair even on Morgan... and they get the playstyle of those characters mixed with Robins.

Sounds like the ultimate customizable character!

((PS I'm just kidding around but imagine it.... at least imagine the fan fiction!)

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Also, gematsu isn't "deconfirmed" yet. Sal's leaker could have gotten a picture of Chrom, which does make an appearance in the game, and probably mistook him as a playable character, if Chrom isn't. Gematsu is only deconfirmed when the Chorus Men are deconfirmed.
I'm pretty sure Gematsu is Deconfirmed. I doubt they took these pictures back when the 'leaked' Chrom and others rumor first surfaced and I'm pretty sure if they had seen these pictures, they'd have seen more as well and likely would have leaked Robin/Avatar as well or accidentally leaked other Final Smash or Assist Trophy characters as Playable Characters.
We can't be making excuses for Leaks just because we believed them.

NNID
Majorasmask66

Why does Lucina get a veteran square? She looked like she played alot like Marth, is she a clone/costume?
hers is shared with robin. since they are both from the same game and for the first time, two newcomers revealed in the same trailer, it makes sense that they would only make on special pic. but she does seem like a clone though.

Last edited:

Xalamaris

Smash Rookie
With all these Fire Emblem characters, I can't help but feel like I've missed out on a whole lot of being catered to by NOT playing the Fire Emblem games...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Lucina looks very clone imo, you can clearly see her using dancing blade at one point.

This is still the best day ever for smash, ever. Gematsu dead. Robin playable. And a beautifully rendered video of Falcon fighting FE style.

I'm crying.

Malion

Smash Ace
Maybe they saw Robin and thought it was Shulk? They have similar hair I guess.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
The way i see it, Lucina is an alternate costume for Marth (seeing she doesn't have the big newcomer screen on the website) And Chrom is part of the Final Smash from Robin. Was not expecting this. Weird that Lucina does have a small screen though, IF she's an alternate costume.. P.S. THE FALCON IS BACK!
If you click Lucina, it says newcomer on her page. She isn't a costume.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960

So. That Arwing.
She's 100% new challenger. The little feed that shows newcomers/veterans/events/dates/etc has her mentioned as a newcomer. I guess the web designers for the page couldn't set it up properly in their mock pages, so they went with the vet box instead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom