• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT?

D

Deleted member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow2HAp5yXEg

So many different variations, these are just some. You can do it with or without shield dropping, but shield dropping allows instant inputs. You have to buffer the shield drop (at least I do). If you don't shield drop, you just go flying off stage and are forced to use your jump however on BF or SV you can fast fall after doing it and grab the ledge really fast.

D

Deleted member

If you start on the top platform of BF, you can slide all the way off, pivot water gun and go under. Shield dropping allows you to make an input AND it buffers the l cancel AND you land on the edge (as seen in the last part of the video). If you can't seem to shield drop, you can do it from the top platform of Dreamland/BF/etc and slide off of the platform below and then do a move since it'll cancel the hitstun. I'll try uploading more variations, I have a ton more to show but just wanted to upload the basic idea. Nice to know someone else thinks like me though :D

D

Deleted member

Buffer the shield drop like right when he gets out of his shell. If you do it too late you spot dodge, and too early you get a shield. This could be used as a really good poke/edgeguard.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Fancy, but not as fancy as getting a cig taunt gimp with Snake. :p

Really good find though, might start picking up Squirtle some more after seeing this.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
If by "new AT" you mean added since Brawl, sure. Hydroplane reverse fsmash is pretty easy to execute, I know other people have noticed this effect on ledges and platforms. Still, pretty cool, fsmash is awesome.
Another cool thing you can do with Squirtle on platforms is empty hydroplane on a platform, and then platform drop as you are sliding to essentially get a shellsling that starts from the platform without jumping. It's not really a new AT though, just applying the "shellsling" AT in a different way.

Also if this is what it takes for you to get interested in Squitle again Xenozoa, then I feel as though there's a lot of tech you aren't aware of lol. This use of hydroplane reverse fsmash is kinda minor tbh, it takes so long for the endlag to finish during your slide so you can drop off. No one was doing shellshine/empty hydroplane tech when you were around and it has far more diversity in its uses and is more technical in general.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Its not the sliding from Fsmash that I'm emphasizing, its the gliding off the stage with shield drop lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Its not the sliding from Fsmash that I'm emphasizing, its the gliding off the stage with shield drop lol
I was trying this out, all the better smashers I play against are on top of me before I can even get off the platform. It's not very viable in an actual match, more of a trick as opposed to a technique.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Its more of an edgeguard. I'll try to get some real footage of it today. It does have super armor tho

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Squirtle does NOT have super armor. A portion of his fsmash has medium armor. All armor is KB based, it functions very different than "super armor".

Last edited:

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Guys, I have been using this some more recently, and while still kind of useless it is REALLY FUN... Just thought I'd let yall know.

EDIT: I just used it to (effectively) teleport to randall on Yoshi's Story and edgeguard, the tech is real my squirtle brethren. The more hilariously swagger and situational ATs squirtle has the better

Last edited:
Top Bottom