• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT: Staring - The Advanced Mindgame

OmniSpade

Smash Rookie
First you have to know where you are and where you're going to go in a match.
Then you start staring at your opponent.
They'll most likely be intimidated by your evil stare of death.
While there distracted feel free to kill your opponent.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else think that Prima mentioned smashboards in the strategy guide in some sort of attempt to bring the community to it's knees?

If so, it's working.

heroboy

Smash Cadet
reminds me of an article I read about a blind kid playing SCII and would win tourneys and stuff. Sometimes he'd play facing away from the TV.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else think that Prima mentioned smashboards in the strategy guide in some sort of attempt to bring the community to it's knees?

If so, it's working.
Nope, I got the guide. It sucked, it was all like, "and then to dash throw you have to throw then dash and grab them and continue", totally a rip off of chainthrowing but no swf mentions. It also said the Marth's advanced strategies are based around the counter, lolz.

Almo

Smash Ace
there are too many threads like these (at least from what i've seen in the brawl tactical discussion). they need to be locked asap. no one think's they're funny, and unless you get some sort of satisfaction from making jokes about AT, i see no reason to even bother being in the community if you're going to post that.

Not trying to be a complete jerk about it, but seriously, lock this. Staring is not a tactic, rick rolling is not an AT, using one move is not an AT. Brawl attracted too many "scrubs."

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
Hey omnispade in your own expert opinion what characters does this work best with? Also how do you counter this strategy if your opponent uses it on you?

Edit: Also i may have misunderstood, do you have your character stare at theirs? Or do you stare at them in Real Life?

Also while we're on the subject of new AT's, a simple yet brilliant technique i've been developing lately that will definitely give you an edge is to follow this acronym D.K.P Which stands for Distraction, Kick, Pull out. So basically you get their attention, kick them in the shins and pull out their controller. Discuss.

Cintdrix

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure this is a parody of the guy who posted "Standing Aerial Rush" the other day and named it staring. It wasn't a real AT at all, just a regular move.

fopho

Smash Rookie
I'd say an adv strat is to look at ur opponents nunchuck, gamecub controller or whatever and just watch wat he or she is doing. The person will go "what are u doing" and u can say "looking at ur controller what does it look like O__o". Im not so good at this strat because everytime i've used it i have lost : O

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
I'd say an adv strat is to look at ur opponents nunchuck, gamecub controller or whatever and just watch wat he or she is doing. The person will go "what are u doing" and u can say "looking at ur controller what does it look like O__o". Im not so good at this strat because everytime i've used it i have lost : O
never take your eyes off of the screen during play. XD. it results in failure

Top Bottom