• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT..? Seems pretty useful.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
been here for a month or two
its just doing a dash dance kinda motion before the raptor boost
i think its basically raptor boost in one direction and immediately pressing in the other direction.
It lengthens the distance traveled by the raptor boost rather than doing that first step back

Cosmick

Smash Apprentice
been here for a month or two
its just doing a dash dance kinda motion before the raptor boost
i think its basically raptor boost in one direction and immediately pressing in the other direction.
It lengthens the distance traveled by the raptor boost rather than doing that first step back
No. Not at all.

Sorry, I didn't explain how to do it..

Well, you simply set L/R to jump, and when you go to do a raptor boost, press L + B + Left/Right.

He does a tiny jump, almost invisible, when he uses his side b, so he has the landing animation (except it slides) instead of the falling animation.

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
Instead of trying to pull the jump at the same time as the raptor boost, why not do a jump and then immediately raptor boost? I'm pretty sure it gives the same results, maybe a little higher off the ground for a split second of extra lag, but I dunno.

Cosmick

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you don't have to change to normal controls, I just find using L as jump much easier, since that's what I use anyway.

L as jump comes in handy as most of my characters. :S

Cosmick

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff. I think it is a heck of a mind game.
I've been using it all week now.. it makes Falcon MUCH more effective..

It's a GREAT move to chase after using a smash, you could even smash, use this, then follow up with another smash if you're fast enough ^_^

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I've been using it all week now.. it makes Falcon MUCH more effective..

It's a GREAT move to chase after using a smash, you could even smash, use this, then follow up with another smash if you're fast enough ^_^
Maybe chase FThrows with it. Not sure how it compares to a dash, but at least you arn't restricted to dashing moves. I've been too busy with other stuff to test it out :ohwell:

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Does this technique still send CF leapfrogging into the air upon contact? Even if it does, it must be alot faster than a grounded side B.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
It does, but you can DI while your leapfrogging.

I haven't watched the video, but is it just doing raptor boost as soon as you jump so that when you land you have less lag?

I do that to tech chase all the time, especially coming back from ledge. It makes Falcon a lot faster since air movement and upb is slow

Top Bottom