• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT? Rapid JAB Edge Cancel

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFANT2015

Smash Rookie
NNID
pfantproductions
So I was bored and decided to mess around with shiek in training mode because I'm thinking of picking her up as a secondary.

While fooling around I found this weird mechanic with her rapid jab that happens when used on a character standing at the very edge of the stage or platform.

If you initiate her and some other characters rapid jab combo while your opponent is on the edge, sometimes it will automatically cancel off the edge of the platform instead of doing the step forward hit at the end that launches your opponent.

When this happens you can immediately neutral air your opponent. I havnt tested it yet but I'm not sure if they can air dodge or not when this happens.

The interesting thing is that this forward momentum happens without even touching the control stick.

If you want to try this tech out
It's really easy to do with
Falco, Fox, and Shiek. Just initiate a rapid jab at the edge of the stage on the NPC. THIS ONLY HAPPENS when you actually catch your opponent in the rapid jab at the edge.

If interested I'd love to show you how it's done. My NNID is PFANTPRODUCTIONS

I havnt seen anyone else use this tech so please let me know if y'all have any idea about what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

PFANT2015

Smash Rookie
NNID
pfantproductions
Care to link me to the original post? Or a video?

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I believe that front page article Tech of the Week mentions it in their video. But yeah this is kind of known already:/

PFANT2015

Smash Rookie
NNID
pfantproductions
Haha yup! That's definetly what I'm talking about. My bad. I'll have to test it with more characters to see if can find anything else. I see potential even though it's situational. And I don't think a player would always expect you to start a rapid jab when there jumping up to a platform or from the edge to meet you.

PFANT2015

Smash Rookie
NNID
pfantproductions
But anyways if any mods see this they can close the topic. I was bored on the bus so that's why I felt like writing up about it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom