• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New at Ganon

seshun

Smash Apprentice
with ganon you can really combo. You juss need to know how. Ganon's main combo starters is his wizard's stomp(C stick down or down A), rising dragon(right B), and his up and down grabs. beware of the first two attacks because if you miss they will lag alot and you will get smashed. need to learn how to L-cancel. learn wave dash for mind games only. Ganons wavedash is really short so keep that for mind games. when edge gaurding use Uairs(up A or C stick up). Most of ganons move shave a lot of lag if not L-cancelled so if you are going to use them make sure you are going to hit or you will pay badly. any othe questions?

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Combo, eh? Ganon is one of those non-combo chars. In fact, ganon can't really sustain combos longer than a couple of dairs. Generally, being comboed by ganon means death or near death.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Combo, eh? Ganon is one of those non-combo chars. In fact, ganon can't really sustain combos longer than a couple of dairs. Generally, being comboed by ganon means death or near death.
You can combo some characters, if they don't DI at all. I once had a Captain Falcon Combo with Ganon. I was playing a Peach, and I shffled uair, shffled uair, then a fair and she was dead.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf is strength lies in aerials - SHFFLC is essential.
Ganon has a lot of range with most of his attacks, so try and space your attacks.
Use ganon's jab after your aerials to prevent your opponent from sheild grabbing.
You can chain dthrow on some charactors.
Wavedash does not really benefit Ganon to much, but Wavelanding will make you a LOT quicker.
Check out the stickies for more detailed information.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
wavedashing...not help ganon that much, heck yea it does

you must wavedash, do not be scared to roll behind the opponent sometimes, he has the best roll in the game, SHFFLC is very important, CT is not very important, it's more important to know that you can dthrow-bair most characters, and learn to tech chase, it really improves your game, and lastly, learn to tech walls, a must need for ganon's easily edgegaurdable recovery

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Ganon's most reliable combo, l-cancel a dair -> usmash (both kicks connect) -> double jump upb = 78% won't kill them though, but it's practiacally unavoidable.

another good combo. l-cancel dair -> over b -> fair or bair. most every combo will start with a dair, he has no other good combo starters.

quick 2 hit combos, start it off with dtilt, dthrow, uthrow, or jab. follow up with a fair or an uair

try and learn how to do chain uairs, rather tricky to do more than twice, but it is possible on a few characters (poor roy). it's all about the shffl uair. very crucial for a ganon to learn.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the first juggle is pretty much crap, it's very unavoidable, the second juggle is actually very good, but it doesn't work on many characters

you can't lead anything into fair, it's just a tad too slow, anything leads to uair

most important juggle though would be dthrow to bair, very basic, very important, and it's always giving more than 20% more to the opponent, and it works on everyone (fast fallers at higher percents)

use his dthrow and uthrow a lot, his best combo starters

never use up b, never as an attack

and learn his down b recovery

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i've tried that and it never works, uair works 10 times better, and is a sure hit

wait, you mean dair, jump in air, fair, then how'd you hit the dair, most characters are too short to get hit by the FJ dair (only really tall characters like bowser, ganon, and DK get hit)

learn to sheild cancel with dair and bair, amazing things will happen

pockyD

Smash Legend
actually a significant number of characters get hit by a FJ rising dair

my most common victim is marth (stands tall of course), but i've also done it to space animals and the marios on a regular basis

also i've had it done to me as ICs (who are pretty short)

ganon's dair has enough range below him (and he jumps low enough) that you can hit most non-crouching characters, not just the big fatties you think it'll work on

and of course uair is guaranteed, but fair is so much stronger if you can land it

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i probably do it too slow, but uair is almost always a better choice, why, cause it can lead to another uair, and sometimes another and another

also remember, on some characters, at 0% a dair l'cancelled into a grab works

don't worry about nair, it's crap, has a very weird hitbox, so don't bother using it, can make a decent edgegaurder though

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
never use up b, never as an attack
quoted for untruth.

out of shield and mindgamed, it does high damage and is good against peach and other slower characters, can be good against space animals. do not use against cf, jiggly, marth, roy, and a couple others. but you can not say to never use as an attack, sometimes its your best option. check some tipman vids, some guys just posted a couple on youtube, he spammed it like crazy. it did hurt him though eventually, just use it intelligently.

Top Bottom