• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Approach: Pivot FTilt with followups

bluesm0ke

Smash Rookie
NNID
sdlonghorns11
I was messing around in training and i found an approach option that i feel could make up for our lack of a good approach bar spacing nair and bair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUevCn64xRA&feature=em-upload_owner
The sourspot of the ftilt is landing and they're being hit backwards. This can lead to a grab at low percents: around 0-40% (not guaranteed / Percents are character variant). After that percent window, you can followup with dash attack, a tech chase nair or RAR bair. At about 100% and higher, you can go for a reversed flip kick. It will connect offstage for the spike, but downward DI from the opponent makes landing it much more improbable. If the opponent misses the tech onstage, you can still go for a reversed flip kick to seal the stock.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Doesn't look like it's comboing, but it'd make for a strange mixup every once in a while.

Top Bottom