• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness's yo-yo...

D

Deleted member

Is his yo-yo seriously that good in this game? When I tried to unlock him (which I eventually did), he used the yo-yo multiple times and that thing sent me flying at a good distance. I eventually went through 1P Mode again as Fox, repeatedly shot at him first, played regularly and then unlocked him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earthward Bound

Smash Cadet
His dsmash can be an edgaurding option, and his usmash CAN be used as a combo extender if you know what your doing as demonstrated by @ MrMarbles MrMarbles in one of his threads (I believe in the video section of the 64 forum.)

But generally speaking, no, even ness and all the loveable trash that he is... most times has better options.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
his dsmash is amazing for edgegaurds, but not much use in the neutral. As far as his upsmash, the better i get with ness the more odd/situational uses i find for it. it has a bunch of hitboxes that can be used in a few different ways that are hard to explain in writing.

here is a combo i made a few months ago showing the versatility of his usmash and dsmash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXfMFgn4SVo

M4TT

Smash Cadet
yea ness' downsmash is one of the best moves for edgeguarding characters with bad recovery.

The upsmash covers a suprisingly high area too. Its a solid move, the lag after the move is minimal as well

Top Bottom