• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness's footstool combo?

§witch

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just realized, we might be able to swing this fad into a jab lock one for ness. I figure it'd have to be like utilt footstool, ffnair, dtilt, then jab lock, basically like the kirby one, i'll try it out tomorrow, it's too late now. What do you guys think?

Masky

Smash Master
dtilt only trips, jab combo does not work on tripped characters only when they are lying down

§witch

Smash Lord
Uh, no. Kirby, sheik, wolf, falco, all have footstool combos that are inescapable but impossible to use in real match.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The combos into the footstool are, for the most part, easily escapable. Especially Kirby's. I can't speak with 100% certainty about whether you can roll out of the "combos" after getting footstooled (before getting hit by anything else), yet, though.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Ness is prety good at footstooling, he does it accidentally when doing rising aerials. But again, ultimate combo, not gonna bother saying what it is.

§witch

Smash Lord
Kirby's is pretty easy...dthrow, utilt, footstool. And yeah, footstool PKT2 is too fun. ZOMG, AN ULTIMATE COMBO?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?! I need to hear this.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Okay, this is the last time I'm going to say it.

EVERYONE! PAY ATTENTION!.

FOOTSTOOL INTO PKT2! IT WORKS!
You'll be lucky if you don't cause a brainshock first. Also if you can pull of a footstool to PKT2 then you must be really good.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Okay LOTS of confusion in this thread. No one reads my work. EVER.

Anyways, the dtilt DOES lock, but only around 100%. Once you lock with the dtilt, there's no tripping involved.

Ademisk, your PKT2 combo doesn't actually work as a combo. People can shield it. However, the combos in my video are generally inescapabl (maybe the hothead is, but that's it). You have to rise up high enough to not brainshock them.

Ness can combo into footstools VERY well, but they are mostly for GROUNDED footstools which DONT set up for the jab lock.

But Ness CAN combo into this. This is how you do it.
Use an attack that launches oppoentns up with little lag afterwards (dash attack, auto-cancelled uair, or dair). Then immediately jump and footstool the opponent. MAKE SURE ThE FOOTSTOOL IS A SHORT HOPPED FOOTSTOOL. Then fast fall and autocancel an fair. Inititate the jab lock. That's how you do it. TC's method does not work.

Oh, and lol Yuna arguing against Ness again :p
(waits for retaliation)

Also people, if you like footstool combos, check out my vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1N0D0SdIr4

Masky

Smash Master
dair -> footstool -> fair -> jab lock seems promising
(fair has the same effect as a jab lock on a lying-down opponent for those who don't know)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yeah Masky, that works. The fair does lock, but since we cannot repeat it fast enough, it's not infinite on its own, but it's perfect for setups.

I have found one of the best lock combos. Get your opponent aroun 20%.
Short hop nair then fair (in one short hop). Auto cancel the uair with a jump then footstool the opponent. Fast fall and fair upon landing. Lock.

Masky

Smash Master
hm... 360 or anyone else, have any idea if PSI Magnet be used right after the footstool to cancel the upward momentum and make it easier to get the fair in? or is it slower than just fast falling? I can't test it until after I get home from work

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, and lol Yuna arguing against Ness again :p
(waits for retaliation)
Yes, how dare I point out obvious flaws in people's "combos" (FYI, I do this for everyone, regardless of character). I mean, we should just allow lies and misinformation to spread freely!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
:rotfl:
Ahh... its responses like that that make posts like mine worth it.

Anyways Masky, yes PSIM can be used like that, but it has so much lag that anyone can escape the footstool lag and retaliate.

Top Bottom