• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness

Status
Not open for further replies.

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
Green, green! Wait, that's not it...

A confirmation (as if it were ever needed) really is just around the corner now, though. We'll either get a trailer with Ness within the week, or just see someone unlock him on Friday. I have a feeling he'll be unlocked first, like in Brawl.

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Lots of Mother 1 References I've been seeing so far. There's a devil car as a Smash Run Enemy and hopefully that's Magicant from Mother 1. I wouldn't doubt that Ninten could be an Alt for Ness, like how Alph is to Olimar now.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Lots of Mother 1 References I've been seeing so far. There's a devil car as a Smash Run Enemy and hopefully that's Magicant from Mother 1. I wouldn't doubt that Ninten could be an Alt for Ness, like how Alph is to Olimar now.
Well I guess it's only fair he would finally get his due. Even as an alt.

Would be so happy to see Ness in action in the new Smash soon. :)

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
Dang it. All these mother 1 references, and I've never played that game before. I was about to, but I accidentally downloaded the japanese one. Is the game good? Also, a ninten alternate would be cool, but I would hope it doesn't cut off half of Ness's costume choices, like olimar.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Is Mother 1 good?
The game is HARD. If you LOVE grinding, then that game is for you, otherwise stick with the other 2. I'm waiting for the fan hack to be done before playing Mother.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
^ Pretty much this. Tomato's translation of the GBA version (MOTHER 1+2) is sufficiently easier, though. I loved the game, personally.

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
^ Pretty much this. Tomato's translation of the GBA version is sufficiently easier, though. I loved the game, personally.
I found the jealous bass in the attic to be the toughest thing in the game, personally.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Actually, all this talk of MOTHER 1 representation reminds me of a conversation I had with a fellow MOTHER fan and 64 Ness main, saying something akin to "Watch them cut Lucas and Ness in Smash 4, and give us just Ninten in return." Well, looks like I might not have been far off...

It would be interesting to see if Ness gets any alts inspired by the other PSI users in the series, though; Ninten, Ana, Paula, and Lucas would all work reasonably well.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
I disliked the gameplay of Mother 1 enough to only play it once with the easy ring and have no desire to do it again, but despite that, I'd say I enjoyed the story more than I did Earthbound's. It desperately needs a remake so that I won't have to play the original game to experience it.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Green, green! Wait, that's not it...

A confirmation (as if it were ever needed) really is just around the corner now, though. We'll either get a trailer with Ness within the week, or just see someone unlock him on Friday. I have a feeling he'll be unlocked first, like in Brawl.
If it's like Brawl then just play 5 matches and he'll be unlocked.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wonder what Ness' Up-Special Customization will be? Maybe something like Lucas, or an Auto-Yet-Weaker PK Thunder 2?

Last edited:

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I wonder what Ness' Up-Special Customization will be? Maybe something like Lucas, or an Auto-Yet-Weaker PK Thunder 2?
I think That's best to give Lucas' Special Moves to Ness for Customization.

That being said though, I think they can bring Lucas back through DLC with brand new Special moves. Most of his moves, besides the special ones are different than Ness Anyway.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I think That's best to give Lucas' Special Moves to Ness for Customization.

That being said though, I think they can bring Lucas back through DLC with brand new Special moves. Most of his moves, besides the special ones are different than Ness Anyway.
Even if that happens, there's still one more customization option for Ness.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
The game is HARD. If you LOVE grinding, then that game is for you, otherwise stick with the other 2. I'm waiting for the fan hack to be done before playing Mother.
I do like a challenging game, so I'll try it out, thanks.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Actually, all this talk of MOTHER 1 representation reminds me of a conversation I had with a fellow MOTHER fan and 64 Ness main, saying something akin to "Watch them cut Lucas and Ness in Smash 4, and give us just Ninten in return." Well, looks like I might not have been far off...

It would be interesting to see if Ness gets any alts inspired by the other PSI users in the series, though; Ninten, Ana, Paula, and Lucas would all work reasonably well.
Nah, Sakurai would have to be out of his mind to do that, with all the diehard Ness fans and the recent re-release of Earthbound. If anything he will probably make Ninten an alt for Ness... eventhough not that many ppl are familiar with him.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Nah, Sakurai would have to be out of his mind to do that, with all the diehard Ness fans and the recent re-release of Earthbound. If anything he will probably make Ninten an alt for Ness... eventhough not that many ppl are familiar with him.
They look the same, minus the red bandana and asthma, so if he was half of the alts/colors, I wouldn't be surprised. I was surprised that he wasn't one in Brawl, given it would have had all 3 boys playable.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
They look the same, minus the red bandana and asthma, so if he was half of the alts/colors, I wouldn't be surprised. I was surprised that he wasn't one in Brawl, given it would have had all 3 boys playable.
Probably due to popularity since nobody knew who he was. Also wasn't Mother 1 originally supposed to be Earthbound? Maybe I'm wrong.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
Probably due to popularity since nobody knew who he was. Also wasn't Mother 1 originally supposed to be Earthbound? Maybe I'm wrong.
Lots of aspects are borrowed from mother 1 to earthbound, such as collecting 8 melodies, girl in pink dress, kid geniuses, and how simular ness ans ninten are in appearance, but they were intended to be separate games, I'm pretty sure.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Lots of aspects are borrowed from mother 1 to earthbound, such as collecting 8 melodies, girl in pink dress, kid geniuses, and how simular ness ans ninten are in appearance, but they were intended to be separate games, I'm pretty sure.
Ok, thank you for clearing that up. In that case I hope mother 1 comes to the Wii U VC so that we could get a Ninten DLC. The more alts the better.

ThatPersonGuy

Smash Cadet
Maybe? There is no stages for a number of characters. All I'm sayn' is that it seams unlikely by the pic.
Every playable series has at least one stage. It's why there are so many rehashed Brawl and Melee stages, and why they're probably saving the better Smash stages for the Wii U version. There really isn't a reason to not include an Earthbound stage.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
I found the jealous bass in the attic to be the toughest thing in the game, personally.
The jealous bass was from mother 3, I thought. But yes, that is by far the hardest boss in that game imo. My first play through, I died ten times on that (insert bad words here).

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
Finally got tired of lurking and made an account :) sooooo ready for smash. Can't wait to see ness in HD. Hopefully with an upgraded move set. About 2 days left!!!!!!!

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Honestly, I hope the Mother stage is Pink Cloud from Earthbound and NOT Magicant from Mother. I'm sorry, but putting Ness into an enviroment he's never actually explored in his own game and calling it his home stage is a bit....asinine.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Honestly, I hope the Mother stage is Pink Cloud from Earthbound and NOT Magicant from Mother.
Magicant is a place of the mind. He HAS been to A Magicant, just not the Queen Mary version.

Also I've mulled it over for some time yesterday and theres a possiblity that said pink stage MIGHT be a Kirby stage instead. I'm just not sure which game has featured it as pink, but it could be related to Kracko.

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Magicant is a place of the mind. He HAS been to A Magicant, just not the Queen Mary version.

Also I've mulled it over for some time yesterday and theres a possiblity that said pink stage MIGHT be a Kirby stage instead. I'm just not sure which game has featured it as pink, but it could be related to Kracko.
Possibly. I personally believe that the Game Boy Stage is only a Kirby Stage, possibly so Sakurai can pay homage to the first game he ever directed: Kirby's Dream Land.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
I kind of hope the bat sound returns from 64/melee where it sounds like the home run bat for his F-smash.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I really want to know what his new specials are. The changes to the physics can fix his fair and new specials will fix a lot of his problems. I hope he has a good projectile this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom