• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Video Archive Super Store - Now with More Illuminati

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
hah crap I was testin the waters with the censor dodging and also thought to myself "man...it's been nearly 9 hours, isn't that enough time between posts?" but thanks for the heads up :)

and I haven't rewatched the 3stock yet, but if it's not a dumb match then I'll post it ^_^

I'll make sure to be in a bad mood so that anything looks like a bad match and therefore won't be posted XD

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
When my friend was uploading brawl+ vids, he only uploaded ones of me being three stocked, even though we had plenty of even matches (and a few I won T_T).

Anyways, Toasty, try pk flash vs. the mario's to edgeguard them. Works against Luigi too...

Nice use of bats, I hate using bat... Dunno why though lol.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
edge cancelled pk fires, everyone should learn to do this.

question: Is sh auto cancel dair better to use than the more falcon-esque shffl dair?

vrud

Smash Apprentice
Well edge cancelled pk fires r nice and cool not to mention hard to pull off but i don't see that much use coming from it. I practiced it for a while and at the end of the day when i thought i was gonna use it for edge guarding i just used bat and that kills. And i like the AC better than the shffl dair because of the no lag and that makes it easier to follow with a bair but this is all imo.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i learned how to pk fire edge cancel semi-consistently by wding off a platform and djc pk fire back onto the plat form. I don't know how good it is, but it is mad cool, and it seems like it may be useful.

Also for some reason, I feel as though I don't get much horizontal distance when i try to tech chase with autocancel sh dairs. The falcon way feels better, iono.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452

toasty

Smash Hero
ZOMG you will? Who are you visiting? An "Oh snap" is in order if it happens to be someone I know XD

Also!

I think I have a couple vids from some friendlies at yesterday's tourney! Fun stuff...I only recently decided to abuse that poor child again. Things are shaping up again.

I think I'll keep him as a character I routinely revisit instead of outright QUITTING Ness like I did almost 2 months ago. But for tournament play? Probably never...well...almost never XD

I'll be back here tomorrow night with some fresh viddsssss...also Bubbleman, I'll watch those tonight!

[are you coming to Pound 4?!?]

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
yeah it was directed at you :)
I heard some PR players were coming and was hoping you'd join =D
You heard correctly;

Yeah, around 16 players, including the best of the best from PR are going there, some others may also join the group, but I don't know how many will, however, do note that even if (currently) 16 players are going there, not all are going for Melee, even if most are, a small part of it is going to participate in Brawl too.

As I said, I may go, it just depends on some personal stuff this month, I'd like to, though.

All in all, it's going to be awesome.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'll be at Pound 4. I'd like to play you bubbleman in Ness dittos.

I beat chu in Ness dittos last tourney I went to but I think he was massively sandbagging. =/

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
I plan on using Ness for specific matches in my pool...but I'll keep that on the downlow...

Bubbleman! We must talk at this! =D
I'm going Ness all the way, maaaaybe, just maybe, I'll pick Jiggs for countering.

I'm more of a listener than a talker, but yeah, we could. (I understand English well, I just lack good pronunciation.)

toasty

Smash Hero
I'm going Ness all the way, maaaaybe, just maybe, I'll pick Jiggs for countering.

I'm more of a listener than a talker, but yeah, we could. (I understand English well, I just lack good pronunciation.)
haha I meant more like "about Ness!" to see if there's anything worth sharing...cool tips/tricks/matchup-specific things

I can't claim to know everything about Ness XD

Also: it's funny you say that about English, because I understand very little Spanish but my pronunciation is awesome XD

tratrando aprender español pero no puedo hablar mucho >_<

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
@theSage:
WTF was up with that Marth at Corneria?
Oh, and finally learned the "spot" to stall on. I knew there was something about the gun down there, but it always killed me.
By the way, against C.Falcon, I believe you had more options to deal with him, it wasn't a great C.Falcon, you know.

haha I meant more like "about Ness!" to see if there's anything worth sharing...cool tips/tricks/matchup-specific things

I can't claim to know everything about Ness XD

Also: it's funny you say that about English, because I understand very little Spanish but my pronunciation is awesome XD

tratrando aprender español pero no puedo hablar mucho >_<
I know it's about Ness. The thing is, I hardly practice speaking English, seeing as I don't have much use for it here, it's funny, see? I can write it, read it and understand it properly, yet, I'm not much of a speaker. Spanish is easy, at least for me since it's my "main" language, but yeah.

Also, I'm not specific when explaining stuff, but I'll try, it's not like the world's gonna end if I don't do so.

If for some reason I were to be interviewed over there, I'll be like a choppy emulator with low fps trying to hear+translate at the same time to answer ASAP. Still... I shouldn't be posting this, in any case, be patient with me.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
haha it's not that super-serious...but yeah I got you :)

You can probably help me learn some PR-specific Spanish since I'm mostly learning Mexican Spanish here in Georgia. I don't know enough words to really communicate well and I don't know how to put my verbs in the proper tense, yet.

I'll also probably say "despasio, por favor" a lot if you try speaking Spanish with me XD

ALSO:

I am one of the two people who will be handling as many interviews as possible for Pound.

It is me and Rain(ame).

We'll be interviewing people all weekend, and actually if you don't mind, I'd like it better if we just had a translator for that part. That way you can speak the way you'd normally speak in your native language instead of having to worry about speaking/understanding English.

I'll edit out the translator and just put subtitles in for the actual video.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
LOL! Puerto Rican Spanish is the BEAST! It's not as "funny" as many people make it out of South and Central America's Spanish, but it's weird, in a good way.

Our accent is also different from Mexicans or Colombians, so it's easy to recognize.

I'll try to remember some of the words we use here specifically, like "bayoya", "jurutungo", "diache", "eah diablo", and others. Also, back in the day, television here was awesome, it sucks now... a lot. It's filled with novels from other countries (mainly central/south america and not sure if spaniards).

This was the last GOOD/AWESOME tv program we had, until it was taken off the air last year... :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me-xMevkvmg

Anyways, yeah, in any case, I'd try, if not, someone from our crew (the other Puerto Ricans coming) can help.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Bubbleman when you post it has proper grammar and everything. I'm pretty sure you speak english well enough for people to understand you. I'd also like to meet up with you. You can feel free to speak spanish, I understand romance languages very easily (yay knowing french, latin, and romanian) so I'll probably be able to understand you.

Chudat 3 stocked me a Ness ditto yesterday... =(

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Yeah, Sage. That's why I mentioned that I can read/write/hear/understand it properly. My speaking skills are just lacking, but I'll still have to use them, not because we're outside, but it's something we (are supposed to) learn and need for occasions like this one. End of topic. :)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Chudat used his prediction and chudatiness to beat me. He 3 stocked my Peach with Pikachu as well. My playstyle relies too much on reading the other opponent and adapting to what they do. There's no way I can read chudat lolz.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Chu is so ****ing good against Peach with Pika, it's just not fair >_<

and LOLLL yeah good luck reading/baiting/reacting to Chudat XD

I remember in December 2007 at a C3 tourney when Team Chu2King were playing some relatively scrubby Fox/Sheik team and they got CPed to Japes...Chu makes M2K go Mewtwo and he went Ness and it came down to just Chu's Ness against 4 stocks of theirs...and then they remembered they were playing against Chudat and stuck together mostly, out of terror I'm assuming hahaha

but yeah, Chu was soooo smart it angered me hah...just real simple mindgames but he has impeccable timing and his reads are so incredible so it just...looked like Ness was a regular character.

Now if only those players were actually good XD

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Chudat used his prediction and chudatiness to beat me. He 3 stocked my Peach with Pikachu as well. My playstyle relies too much on reading the other opponent and adapting to what they do. There's no way I can read chudat lolz.
A player from here once told me I was "The most predictable sci-fi book ever after the Bible."

Yeah, I know there's a blasphemous joke in that quote...

Top Bottom