• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness' Spike wrecks the worlds of the strongest of warriors...

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Ness' spike can send three fighters piled on top of one another falling to their death with no diminished momentum.

...Seriously, and what makes it better, is only if there is water beneath them.

Drowning all three with ONE spike....that, is how legends are made.

Epic spike moments. Have any?

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
I was fighting Snake on Pirate Ship, and he used his Cypher out of the water, so I jumped out and spiked him down. It was really cool. :p

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Exactly! Ness can just shorthop out of water into STOMP dead. Ganondorf can use his Forward B on the left side of Tetra's Ship to grab people's heads and plant them into the side of the ship and kill them though.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
It is times like this I wish I could have recorded that ONE scene.

That way, when the statement comes up, "LUCAS= MORE LEET THAN NESS LOL" I can flash that ONE clip.

Doubters be ****ed. >=D

In regards to ganon though, >B in air is a very sexy way to go out.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
That's not a joke, that's an impossibility.

Maybe the reason Ness spikes so hard is because he has experience with people spiking his freaking coffee.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
NOTHING is impossible if you are Ness.

He aborted a friggin' fetus with a yo-yo, a bat, a dash of Psi ability and a smile (....and a little help from Paula *shrug)

Another joke:

It is said that Ness' "okay" taunt is so epic, that it can ko 300 cruel alloys.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ness ftw. I've already gained some rep with that little monster around the Gaiaonline smash sticky.

But yeah, I've had several epic spikes. One of them being a full jumped fair off of the edge, and I performed a pull-back spike with my other jump. Another time I went for a fast falled spike, missed, they tried to edgehog me but I used my other jump with a dair to spike them off of the edge and still rise to safety. I love Ness' new physics. :)

Mushy

Smash Cadet
How about KOing my friend 4 times in a row with spikes?
INSTANT OWNAGE
it was a 4stock match.
ummmnnnnrrrhmmmm.....
What qualifies as a meteor cancel?
I've had a computer Ike do his Aether after a spike, but he still died.
I guess a Lucas could have recovered....(it was FD.)
More reasons to hate Lucas. grrrr.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Yeah, but...and I mean this with absolutely no offense towards you personally, ANY amount of respect garnered on Gaia means absolutely jack **** in the rest of the world. Gaia is the cesspool of civilization.
Not saying anything about you, since I don't know you, and you seem all right, but...yeah...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend

Maybe the reason Ness spikes so hard is because he has experience with people spiking his freaking coffee.
No, he's just had practice with his spike jacket.

Which reminds me... spike jacket in Brawl = WiN

Masky

Smash Master
Guys, Ness can spike with PK Thunder if the opponent bounces off the bottom of Final Destination after being hit. I've done it against CPUs.

Edit: And I just did it against a friend tonight. He was hanging on the edge of FD after he lost his invulnerability, and the head of PK Thunder hit him, causing him to bounce off of FD and travel a distance too far for him to recover. (He was Fox if it matters)

Mushy

Smash Cadet
Ademisk sure gets depressed quickly.
has anyone got anything on the new YYG, even if it is just a visual effect?
edit: oh ya, doesn't it matter that an Ike Aethered after Ness' spike?
it depressed me.

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
How long after your spike did the Aether occur? Because once a spike's stun wears off a character can move again -- even though the knockback on Ness's is frickin' ridiculous. It can happen a lot quicker if they're at low percent.

Oh, nice to meet the folks here, by the way. Marth was my main for Melee (Ness was secondary), but now that Marth takes, like, no skill I wanted to main somebody fun and mindgame'y for Brawl.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yeah, if Ike recovered late, he just escaped th hitstun, not meteor cancelled it, meaning that its still possible to be a spike.

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the closest I've seen to it being cancelled is Snake pulling out his cypher at the last moment and barely surviving, even though he was only at like 9% when he got hit.

Mushy

Smash Cadet
okay, good. it was low percentage.
I'm just not quite sure about the definitions about these things.
off to smashwiki i guess.

pr3z1

Smash Rookie
Queens, NY im looking for good challenges hit me
well me and my younger bro were playing in FD,he was using luigi and i was ness as i was coming back to the level he stands at the ledge and does his foot kick taunt and it connects with my face and sends me plummeting to my death it was great . PING!!!!!!

Top Bottom