• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Finder (The original finder thread)

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I like the crazy colored one I did. But I like the second one out of those. You guys noticed that we have had very little talk since the YYG about Ness's game? We just became social instead of talking about how to play him. Is this a bad thing?

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
Not necessarily a bad thing. I mean this thread is more for the general socialization, but the Ness battle threads need to be a little more active. In fact *checks Ness skillz threads* it looks like we need a new ness thread..... DUNDUNDUN!

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah Ness boards is the best because you can actually be humans here even though you live a computer world.
Too bad Ness is top tier now :p
though I really don´t visit this place much anymore but still the best SWF board.
oh and good luck for matunas and his buddies for arranging the Ness tourney or anything similiar, it would be great that you guys show what he is capable of and how much fun he is, yeah!

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Vilness. It is good to see you. You are very badly missed around these parts.

Hope you can keep posting, even if it isn't smash related.

dan smith

Smash Champion
This thread especially lacks actual game discussion but that's because it isn't really a thread meant for that. It is meant for people to know where eachother are and thus: the chatting keeps it high on the board and plays a vital role.

I wish I could just get it stickied as an important thread. I asked a mod about it but they never responded.

Hey Ville!

VilNess

Smash Champion
Well hey dan!
just returned from bar night. no i wasn´t drunk, i was the driver and it was quite funny/annoying to drive drunken friends all over town and back :p luckily mostly fun though.

Heh i played 2 friendlies with my other bro and i used... Young link!
he used first sheik and other match was young link ditto.

i think trying young link can improve your ness a bit. it´s very interesting to compare these two chars. Ness´projectile game requires utmost precision and timing to be usable while playing young link i just end up jumping around and shooting arrows, boomerangs and bombs as much as i can then finish the off at higher %´s! it kinda makes you appreciate different things about characters and such. I kinda sometimes wish Ness could mess around with projectiles without worrying about not hitting...
anyone else sometimes mess around with other chars too learn about different advantages other chars have? it´s kinda fun.

yeah i might check this thread now and then but i´m not sure... im currently into other things in life, i have pm´d dan a bit about this :)

dan smith

Smash Champion
I played Y.Link for a day...he is cool but yeah...KOing is difficult.

I have played with all of the characters a little...it definately helps out with strategies and techniques to spread out your character useage.

How's the BMX going Ville? Got and pics of you on your bike? That would be tight.

It's immensely considerate of you to keep posting in these forums despite the fact that you have moved on. It makes us all feel like you enjoy us so much you really can't just leave.

Or aren't there any cool BMX forums? (BMX World Forums?)

VilNess

Smash Champion
oh yeah forgot to reply here sorry! :D

anyway my bmx is going good. i´ve already learned a lot of balancing on the bike and jumping and such. with this learning speed i think i could start doing some nice ramp-tricks in summer :)

I kinda suck for now though so im gonna wait when i learn some good tricks and maybe make vids out of them, yeah!

there are some good BMX forums but i just kinda like to ride now.

i finished earthbound zero last week. boy was it a nice role-playing game for NES!

dan smith

Smash Champion
Someday you will be at a BMX tournament and some guy will be like "Hey, I've got my Gamecube...anybody wanna play Smash?" and VilNess will impress everybody.

It sounds like you still play a fair amount though...I really only play once a week...so if you play about that much or more than that I would see no reason not to hang around the boards. Hobbies don't have to be obsessions.

sauce

Smash Journeyman
MAdison WI
I will see what, if anything, you've got at SMYM3 ....DAN.

sauce

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by VilNess
Well hey dan!
just returned from bar night. no i wasn´t drunk, i was the driver and it was quite funny/annoying to drive drunken friends all over town and back :p luckily mostly fun though.

Heh i played 2 friendlies with my other bro and i used... Young link!
he used first sheik and other match was young link ditto.

i think trying young link can improve your ness a bit. it´s very interesting to compare these two chars. Ness´projectile game requires utmost precision and timing to be usable while playing young link i just end up jumping around and shooting arrows, boomerangs and bombs as much as i can then finish the off at higher %´s! it kinda makes you appreciate different things about characters and such. I kinda sometimes wish Ness could mess around with projectiles without worrying about not hitting...
anyone else sometimes mess around with other chars too learn about different advantages other chars have? it´s kinda fun.

yeah i might check this thread now and then but i´m not sure... im currently into other things in life, i have pm´d dan a bit about this :)
You might be on to something there.
My number one character is YL and my Ness kicks *** because of it.
-kjfbk

VilNess

Smash Champion
Oh yeah forgot to post.
Well yea it´s fun to hang around here.
I dunno, for me when i pick up a hobby i really want to be good in it, and it´s just more likely to get good in something else than smash because nearest competition (outside my bros marth and other bros luigi, he´s good nowadays) is 800 km away.
But yea you get the point.

yeah Young link kicks ***. Go SMASHBOYS Ness&Young Link! :)

dan smith

Smash Champion
I've seen lots of Zulu vids, I used to think he was amazing...now I don't remember why I thought that. He plays a very straight forward Ness. My friends (who've played him) say I am a better Ness.

Not a better player...but a better Ness player. He has kind of moved onto other characters so that isn't a huge suprise.

I will try to provide some competition Sauce...did you loose to my friend Jesi at a tournament? I think she said that she beat somebody named Sauce.

^^^ I need to start playing again before these tournaments happen.

Fuzzy pickles!

dan smith

Smash Champion
Man, looking through this thread has made me sad. I need to go to more tournaments!!!

I wish I were in college.

Happy Birthday....LonelyNess...

He hasn't posted in a while has he? Hmm....

More sadness.

Mike_UK

Smash Rookie
time for my proper introduction. Im mike and i play Ness!! (my god sounds like im at alcoholics anonymous :crazy: )

Well im from england, only one decent smasher in my area and weve both been 'retired' as it were for like 6 months, but for some reason weve both come home form uni for easter with an urge to start again i always used to think the tournamaents were restricted to america but there seems to be a few uk based guys on here. But back to main point, i started life as a Ness plkayer but switched to roy, my roy became failry unbeatable but got sick of poeple crying about his strength (half of these people were 'dorfers!!) so went back to ness amid a lot of people laughing at me proceeded to un-learn everything i new and start from scratch, with the main aim of countering ness' lack of speed and being able to stop my friends sheik. All i can say is, it worked, i became fairly formidable as ness and learnt trick after trick through are relentless playing during college lol. But hopefully as im failry rusty this forum will help me get back to my old level and maybe even improve, especailly if im trying to get tournament ready!!

dan smith

Smash Champion
I post a ton on this board...my name is Dan Smith.

There really should be a UK only forum on this website...

It's nice to meet you Mike. Who are the Smashers who live in your area? Do you know Mr. Silver at all?...or any of the other really famous Euro-Smashers?

You probably know most of the information on this board if you are a psuedo veteran of Smash...but you should definately take a look at the Yoyo Glitch thread. That information is very new, welcome back.

Deus

Smash Journeyman
You can change Ragnarok503 into Deus because I just changed my online name into what I use in the game.... plus everyone already has ragnarok-this and ragnarok-that, bah.

todd2good

Smash Rookie
Hi mike i see you are from england. What part do you come from because i come from england and i would like to play you. I come from southwest london.

VilNess

Smash Champion
welcome Mike_UK!

Ness has problems with lack of speed?
no way :D
one of the fastest characters if played properly.
Sheik is a piece of cake in PAL... well relatively. I think it´s pretty much even. She doesn´t have the mighty uair and the lack of a good throw against you. And she loses the speed and range advantage... in air. She still has tilts, dsmash and that but in air you can own her.
one of the few matchups where I actually crouch-cancel-counter against her. high-traction and the lack of really dangerous d-tilt/dsmash make her a pretty good target for d-tilts.

PK Flash totally OWNS her recovery if you have timing. Of all the characters she has got to be most vulnerable to PK flash if you can aim it so it hits bit of the stage and ledge and a bit below it too.

edit: Heh I wacthed some CJ´s shiek recovering and it seems it´s good to switch to Zelda before double jumping, then float towards stage and switch back and doublejump+ Vanish to ledgegrab so avoiding PK flash despite good timing is still possible :(

Hehee just my little rant here :D

what do you guys like the new Ness vids in CJ´s site?
I posted my comments about them in CJ´s thread in general discussion.
I think the vids were mostly pretty funny and DjC spam. But I gottta remember those were Ness dittos. And the matchups winner can be the one who simply plays faster and safer. They both playde a very fastNess. One thing i gotta give credit for is CJ´s good grabbing game. he gets loadsa grabs. I mostly try to grab like 1-2 per stock... either at low % or high %
a bit weird eh?

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
Matunas and I are smashing sometime this week. We'll obviously be doing some Ness mirrors. It looks like we'll see which Ness is the better Ness. *Dramatic music* Actually, I intend to just have fun. My friend tries to Ness mirror me and he does a bunch of weird **** that a good Ness would never do. So, I think that fighting a real Ness will be excellent in improving my Ness game. Plus when Dan, Matunas, and I vie for the best Ness of the Midwest award (I'll make a certificate or something). Whoever didn't have the winning record at home will have chance for REVENGE!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! Anyway, I'll keep everyone updated on how the whole Ness match goes this week.

Ness_STFU

Smash Apprentice
I suppose I should be added to the list.

I haven't played in any tournys yet, but I compete with those who are tournament regulars.

Ness is my primary
Luigi is my seconday

Those are basically the only two characters I play :)

I'm from Northern Virginia.

Ness_STFU

Smash Apprentice
Hehhehe

We'll see. I'm supposed to make it to a tournament on the 9th (4-9-05), but it looks like I have Mononucleosis, so I probably won't be able to make it. :mad:

You can bet that I'm only going to be using Ness and Luigi in tournaments though.

No top-tier selling out for me ;)

Look for STFU...

If I don't make it to the one on saturday, I'll be going to the next one (which I think is a few weeks later anyway).

Cya there. Bring money. :eek:

dan smith

Smash Champion
Maaan...Matunas and Lt. Killjoy are dueling and being all serious and stuff...

I haven't really been playing much...

Welcome STFU!

Heheh...

I will practice tomorrow I guess...I am confident that I can take down any other Ness player. It's all about abusing Ness' flaws AKA batting randomly.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
I have a submission for the Ness finder. There is a Ness player that does not seem to use these boards, but his skill is good and high enough that I didn't write him off as a random noob that plays Ness. He is actually quite fun to play. His name is Bryan and the only alias I know him by is burnt_toast(from SSBDC on DC++). He lives in Lincoln, California.

Deus

Smash Journeyman
Dan, wanna do me a favor a change the name Ragnarok503 to Deus. Also, your encryptions are really pissing me off... mostly because I suck at them.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Thursday..thursday..thursday..

Ness..Ness..Ness..

Will..will..will..

Fight..Fight..Fight..

Ness Finder has officially worked. As of Thursday Lt.Killjoy and I will be the first people to use the Ness finder! The winner of that battle will go on the fight dan smith for the title of THE BEST NESS IN THE MIDWEST!

or so I hear...

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
It is so on now! Oh and Matunas, you'd better bring it. Because when we're at the national cheerleading finals, you can't hold anything back! Oh wait.... nevermind.... what I meant was, ummm well, I don't know... I'm kinda tired as of right now. How about this.... when Matunas and I duke it out to see who's the leader of the Ness Pack, that's just practice for the real BNOTMW competition. At SMYM we'll actually hold a best of 3 round robin thingy. That'll be the best way to decide. So bring it fellas cause y'all are gettin close to the inferno.... I suck.

The Cape

Smash Master
I checked the first page. Umberon Mow is in Erie, PA.

I am also in Carlisle/Shippensburg PA now.

Both places.

Top Bottom